October Mock Draft/ 2nd round added

zappa13004

On 10/12/2017 at 5:01 PM, zappa13004 said:

1- Browns : Sam Darnold QB USC
They passed on Wentz. Ouch
They passed on Watson. Ouch
They can't pass again, right ?

Poor Browns, even when they do take a QB, they take the wrong one.

Rosen >>> Darnold

USC QB's have a long tenure of failing and Darnold hasn't really impressed this season to be honest.

It would be interesting to see if the Browns wouldn't want to move up to #9 and have a choice between James or Barkley (We have 3 2nd rounders...) But Ridley is a pretty good pick too. Also I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to use our 2nd and either philly's or houstons to move back into the 1st if a talented player drops. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

22 hours ago, Danger said:

Poor Browns, even when they do take a QB, they take the wrong one.

Rosen >>> Darnold

USC QB's have a long tenure of failing and Darnold hasn't really impressed this season to be honest.

I read some things about Darnold's season but personnaly i watched his game vs Stanford and despite few mistakes he was very very very impressive !!! Strong arm, accurate, mobility and throwing while running right on target, i like Rosen but to me Darnold looks like a super prospect, he has it all.

21 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

It would be interesting to see if the Browns wouldn't want to move up to #9 and have a choice between James or Barkley (We have 3 2nd rounders...) But Ridley is a pretty good pick too. Also I wouldn't be surprised if we tried to use our 2nd and either philly's or houstons to move back into the 1st if a talented player drops. 

That is all

Mastercheddaar

Yes, with all those picks the team have to move-up if a superior prospect is available, James or Barkley like you wrote would worth it..

22 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

Mayfield has lead the ncaa in completion percentage for 2 years. Hes accurate. 

I think he is small and even if he can move to gain time i'd prefer someone who throw from the pocket, Falk is that guy. Painful once again to watch this game vs Rams. The team have a running game, a defense, skills players but Bortles pfff...The Oline is correct, i mean Robinson plays better than i thought (many passed on him but he is a legit LT at this level), Linder is probably the best of the unit, Omaneh and Parnell aren't very good but adequate. Priority to me is a RG and above all a QB. By the way i do not understand your will to select Sutton ? I hope ARob will be there for long, Lee deserves another contract as he is good, Hurns can play, Westbrook will contribute as he is good too so i do not see the need.

26 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I think he is small and even if he can move to gain time i'd prefer someone who throw from the pocket, Falk is that guy. Painful once again to watch this game vs Rams. The team have a running game, a defense, skills players but Bortles pfff...The Oline is correct, i mean Robinson plays better than i thought (many passed on him but he is a legit LT at this level), Linder is probably the best of the unit, Omaneh and Parnell aren't very good but adequate. Priority to me is a RG and above all a QB. By the way i do not understand your will to select Sutton ? I hope ARob will be there for long, Lee deserves another contract as he is good, Hurns can play, Westbrook will contribute as he is good too so i do not see the need.

Arob is a Free agent, Lee is like that albino tiger who might finally start being" healthy" but hes dropping Passes at a Beyond bad Rate(5 drops in 40 targets) and is a free agent and honestly doesnt deserve a #2 contract to me seeing how he cost us that jets game(he had a very bad drop on 3rd down) and of course his Bad Punt return job. Hurns seems inconsistent and seems best suited as a 2/3  and could be cut and save like 7 million and dede is likely a good Player i think getting a wr depending on what shakes down at wr would be a great idea. 

Personally i love the look of  a Arob-Sutton-Dede depth chart. the Jags baring some weird stuff happening wont be picking up a qb early.  with the way the team is set up i think they will go for a Vet QB(perhaps a guy like cousins) or maybe the try for a True Game Manager type in AJ McCarron.  the jags want to run the ball a ton and we dont really need to overpay/overdraft a guy for needs. 

i feel we need atleast 3 new starters on the oline(LG, RG, RT) but Linder can start at all 3 interior spots so we dont have to get a true guard. we just need good Interior guys.  

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

Arob is a Free agent, Lee is like that albino tiger who might finally start being" healthy" but hes dropping Passes at a Beyond bad Rate(5 drops in 40 targets) and is a free agent and honestly doesnt deserve a #2 contract to me seeing how he cost us that jets game(he had a very bad drop on 3rd down) and of course his Bad Punt return job. Hurns seems inconsistent and seems best suited as a 2/3  and could be cut and save like 7 million and dede is likely a good Player i think getting a wr depending on what shakes down at wr would be a great idea. 

Personally i love the look of  a Arob-Sutton-Dede depth chart. the Jags baring some weird stuff happening wont be picking up a qb early.  with the way the team is set up i think they will go for a Vet QB(perhaps a guy like cousins) or maybe the try for a True Game Manager type in AJ McCarron.  the jags want to run the ball a ton and we dont really need to overpay/overdraft a guy for needs. 

i feel we need atleast 3 new starters on the oline(LG, RG, RT) but Linder can start at all 3 interior spots so we dont have to get a true guard. we just need good Interior guys.  

I like McCarron, he was good in PS with the Bengals. About running a lot, they said Fournette is the back who sees the most 8 men in the box of the league. Without throwing some it won't change so i'm okay with a "game manager" but someone who really can throw too.

6 minutes ago, LinderFournette said:

I like McCarron, he was good in PS with the Bengals. About running a lot, they said Fournette is the back who sees the most 8 men in the box of the league. Without throwing some it won't change so i'm okay with a "game manager" but someone who really can throw too.

28 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

I feel confident if we keep arob and draft sutton and sign aj we can certainly throw the ball atleast more efficiently.  To me sutton might be another mike evans so to have 2 big wrs who are kinda deep threats can help alleviate some of that loaded box. 

Im still trying to figure out fournettes yards after contact. Id be pretty interested in seeing the number. Most of the time he seems to be contacted no further then about 2 yards from line of scrimmage

On 10/12/2017 at 4:01 PM, zappa13004 said:

24- Rams : Kevin Tolliver CB LSU
They won't have money for everybody. Ogletree, Joyner, T.Johnson and of course Donald and the big contract he wants. Is Tolliver the answer ? He could be the #3 CB of that class or the #8 in April ?

Not that this would necessarily change the pick, but just so you know, if they want to keep everyone, then they can. We have enough cap room to make it work. Its unlikely that we will keep everyone, but it is also doable if they want to.

But just for arguments sake, both players picked right after (Courtland Sutton and Connor Williams) would both be pretty enticing options as well. And at that point of the draft, an EDGE rusher would also be a potential pick.

On 10/17/2017 at 10:20 AM, zappa13004 said:

Man, how bad is your QB play if you're hoping for a guy like Luke Falk to turn things around. 

I think you're underrating Mayfield a bit here, but if you prefer the statue type he would fit that mold.

14 hours ago, Jlash said:

Man, how bad is your QB play if you're hoping for a guy like Luke Falk to turn things around. 

I think you're underrating Mayfield a bit here, but if you prefer the statue type he would fit that mold.

I agrre i probably underrate Baker Mayfield.

15 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Not that this would necessarily change the pick, but just so you know, if they want to keep everyone, then they can. We have enough cap room to make it work. Its unlikely that we will keep everyone, but it is also doable if they want to.

But just for arguments sake, both players picked right after (Courtland Sutton and Connor Williams) would both be pretty enticing options as well. And at that point of the draft, an EDGE rusher would also be a potential pick.

Okay about money.

About your wishes i do not understand ? Sutton while they've just bring Watkins ? Williams but Withworth and Havenstein aren't weak ? Edge rusher yes to me. Depends on how Ebukam will develop but with an aging free-agent like Barwin and no pick in the 2nd round,to me it is a DB or an edge rusher.

Archived