October Mock Draft/ 2nd round added

zappa13004

3 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

About your wishes i do not understand ? Sutton while they've just bring Watkins ? Williams but Withworth and Havenstein aren't weak ? Edge rusher yes to me. Depends on how Ebukam will develop but with an aging free-agent like Barwin and no pick in the 2nd round,to me it is a DB or an edge rusher.

So Ill break each one down;

• CB - Yes, if we have Trumaine Johnson and NRC leave as free agents, then a Corner is by far the biggest need and likely pick with only Kayvon Webster as the only starting caliber CB. But so far our CBs have been sneaky really really good. So Im not sure we let both of them go, and that would really drop this need.
  • WR - Sure, much less likely of a pick. The Rams basically have to re-sign Watkins to make the trade worth it. And I think they will, but right now there are some very unsubstantiated rumblings that Sammy isnt happy with his role. We will have to see how the rest of the season plays out, but there is a scenario that Sammy isnt a Ram after this year. But even outside of Sammy, Tavon is gone after this season, Woods is no lock to be here long term, and as much as I like Kupp, Cooper and Reynolds they are all FAR from #1 targets at this point.
  • OL - Whitworth has been amazing. But two things, hes 35 and that old uggo could bust an axle at any time, and we have just about ZERO options to replace him at LT. Plus he is only signed for 2018 & 2019. We are going to need a heir to LT much sooner than later. They had moved Havenstein into Guard durring camp to test him out, and he was fine in my eyes, Jamon Brown out at RT was the bigger issue. We could also be shedding cap space and cut Roger Saffold, opening a spot at LG next to Whitworth until they can slide out to LT. What we really need on the Line is a Center, but I dont see any Top 20 Centers in the draft yet.
  • EDGE - We really hope Ebukam will develop, and I think he will be a big presence off the edge in 2018. But Barwin is only on a 1 year deal, and with his play so far, even if he is back it is as a veteran/rotation guy. The big question here is Robert Quinn. He is still a darn good player, but he hasnt fit this system very well. Wade will be making this decision, but it has been in heavy discussion among the Rams Forum that he could be traded away to try and recoup that 2nd rounder, and even if Ebukam is a stud, we still need another guy off the edge.

Long story short, even with the current turn around and success, this roster still has A LOT of work to be done.

39 minutes ago, StLunatic88 said:

So Ill break each one down;

• CB - Yes, if we have Trumaine Johnson and NRC leave as free agents, then a Corner is by far the biggest need and likely pick with only Kayvon Webster as the only starting caliber CB. But so far our CBs have been sneaky really really good. So Im not sure we let both of them go, and that would really drop this need.
  • WR - Sure, much less likely of a pick. The Rams basically have to re-sign Watkins to make the trade worth it. And I think they will, but right now there are some very unsubstantiated rumblings that Sammy isnt happy with his role. We will have to see how the rest of the season plays out, but there is a scenario that Sammy isnt a Ram after this year. But even outside of Sammy, Tavon is gone after this season, Woods is no lock to be here long term, and as much as I like Kupp, Cooper and Reynolds they are all FAR from #1 targets at this point.
  • OL - Whitworth has been amazing. But two things, hes 35 and that old uggo could bust an axle at any time, and we have just about ZERO options to replace him at LT. Plus he is only signed for 2018 & 2019. We are going to need a heir to LT much sooner than later. They had moved Havenstein into Guard durring camp to test him out, and he was fine in my eyes, Jamon Brown out at RT was the bigger issue. We could also be shedding cap space and cut Roger Saffold, opening a spot at LG next to Whitworth until they can slide out to LT. What we really need on the Line is a Center, but I dont see any Top 20 Centers in the draft yet.
  • EDGE - We really hope Ebukam will develop, and I think he will be a big presence off the edge in 2018. But Barwin is only on a 1 year deal, and with his play so far, even if he is back it is as a veteran/rotation guy. The big question here is Robert Quinn. He is still a darn good player, but he hasnt fit this system very well. Wade will be making this decision, but it has been in heavy discussion among the Rams Forum that he could be traded away to try and recoup that 2nd rounder, and even if Ebukam is a stud, we still need another guy off the edge.

Long story short, even with the current turn around and success, this roster still has A LOT of work to be done.

nice read, thank you.

5 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

Watched Texas vs OU and Mayfield was very good with poise and accuracy, i'd feel better with your wishes now..

lol if your planning to expand it id throw a TE or OL in round 3 if there was value althought i wouldnt mind going mayfield round 3 and keeping that OT in round 2(hes a beast). 

6 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

lol if your planning to expand it id throw a TE or OL in round 3 if there was value althought i wouldnt mind going mayfield round 3 and keeping that OT in round 2(hes a beast). 

Yes, i'd like a lot that kind of guard and maybe he can even play RT. TE ? For what ? I mean i agree but the playcall is run run pass punt lol Lewis was great in London so they should throw more but why taking a TE high with that playcall ?

On 15/10/2017 at 1:39 AM, INbengalfan said:

Would it be totally a Bengal like move to go with a first round CB?  Of course.  But it would be borderline neglect, given how poor the line is this year.  The first three picks should all be linemen in my opinion.  if they went CB instead, I don't know how I would initially react, but it would be epic and youtube worthy

Just looking at some stats and 15 sacks is average and 22 QB hurries the fourth best result...I hope that team will win sunday versus the Steelers. We'll see how they face Heyward, Tuitt and Watt.

23 minutes ago, zappa13004 said:

Yes, i'd like a lot that kind of guard and maybe he can even play RT. TE ? For what ? I mean i agree but the playcall is run run pass punt lol Lewis was great in London so they should throw more but why taking a TE high with that playcall ?

i think he Could be a Potential LT but i would get him as a RT for the jags.   Lewis is like Retiring age. Koyak is average at best. our 3rd string TE has some Potential but for w.e reason hasnt unlocked it on the field and is More Known for Special Teams tackles then actual catches.  i think if the jags had a Dynamic Weapon at TE that could Block some they would be able to pass the ball more efficiently which should be the case when we get a new qb. 

i think part of the reason we run it so much is to effectively minimize Bortles terrible passing. 

i look at the 2014 and 2013 Bills for some look into how they like to use the TE.  2014 they targetted Scott Chandler like 70 times and in 2013 they targetted him 81 times.  part of it probably was the lack of good WRs but id like to imagine if the jags had a Capable Weapon at TE they would use him.  thomas didnt work out cuz thomas is a Bum that when he got paid became lazy and wasnt a good blocker and then we trade him to miami and hes done a whole of nothing in miami i believe. 

so i looked at the roster for the 2014 bills they had Watkins and Woods with both over 100 targets, Fred Jackson with 90 and Chris Hogan with like 60.   2013 Bills was Stevie Johnson with 101 targets Robert woods with 85 Chandler with 81 Fred Jackson with 65.  the 2013 bills also passed the ball less that year as it was 522 pass attempts to 546 runs.  2014 was 579 pass attempts and 402 runs. 

i think the team will evolve a little more to like a 55-45 split pass to run i think. Sutton paired with Arob and DeDe westbrook with a Pass catching te would be really good depending whos playing qb of course. 

Archived