October Mock Draft/ 2nd round added

zappa13004

Only look at 2 things in mocks at this time of the year.

Where Saquon Barkley goes - I don't think he makes it past the Giants and Colts.

Where the Rams are picking - Love that you actually have them ending with a solid season. Great pick too.

On 13/10/2017 at 12:25 AM, Crickett said:

Last year Packers fans were critical of a lot of mock drafts that had Green Bay drafting smaller corners, claiming the Packers prefer bigger defensive backs.  And the draft showed they were right as the Packers drafted 6'3 Kevin King. Jaire Alexander is 5'11 192 lbs.

So change the pick for another Alexander, Adonis.

On 13/10/2017 at 4:20 AM, IDOG_det said:

DL is certainly a good target for the Lions, though I'm not sure Wilkins is a great fit for what they look for. Honestly there would be a decent chance they view him as a strong side DE in their scheme instead of viewing him as a DT. If they want to keep the run defense strong, Vita Vea or Da'Ron Payne would be more realistic targets. If they want a better pass rusher next to A'Shawn then I would think they would go after someone like Maurice Hurst before going for someone like Wilkins.

Okay. I really like Wilkins but sure Payne or Vea would be good for runD. Lets see what Ledbetter can do in term of interior pass rush..And, as the Bills are selling everybody a trade for Dareus if asking price is correct could be smart.

Would it be totally a Bengal like move to go with a first round CB?  Of course.  But it would be borderline neglect, given how poor the line is this year.  The first three picks should all be linemen in my opinion.  if they went CB instead, I don't know how I would initially react, but it would be epic and youtube worthy

5 hours ago, INbengalfan said:

Would it be totally a Bengal like move to go with a first round CB?  Of course.  But it would be borderline neglect, given how poor the line is this year.  The first three picks should all be linemen in my opinion.  if they went CB instead, I don't know how I would initially react, but it would be epic and youtube worthy

haha send youtube link to me if this happen ! And check the second round...

6 hours ago, zappa13004 said:

haha send youtube link to me if this happen ! And check the second round...

Second round is a start.  

I am probably wrong in wanting to go all in on the offensive line, but history suggests that our team does really well with high draft picks on the line (Willie Anderson, Munoz, Levi Jones, Steinbach, Zeitler, Whitworth, etc, just to name a few) but the team has not really ever developed someone from any later rounds.  Ogbuehi and Fisher were the plan to replace Whitworth and Andre Smith, but that clearly didn't work out as well as they had planned or hoped.  Boling was a fourth rounder, and he's good, but right now he's the best lineman on the team.  I'd love to grab a guy in free agency, but that isn't the Bengals normal way of filling needs.  So I want them to grab an OT or two and a center early.  Bodine is bad, as have all the other fourth round centers we have drafted in the Marvin Lewis era.  Ideally a guy like Mason Cole or Billy Price would drop to us in the second, but Price went one pick ahead, plus we have to get an OT.  easiest way to accomplish that is spending multiple top picks on OL.  Plus, we are deep at CB, with Kirkpatrick signed long term, Jones with another year, Jackson in year two, Dennard on the fifth year option, Josh Shaw with another year and KaiVaerie Russell with to more years.  No room at the inn, so to speak.  And before you say they might cut Jones, that would mean we would spend a first rounder on a guy who will be the 6th CB on the depth chart.  I wouldn't do it, but I'm not Mike Brown.  

Just my $.02

1 hour ago, INbengalfan said:

Second round is a start.  

I am probably wrong in wanting to go all in on the offensive line, but history suggests that our team does really well with high draft picks on the line (Willie Anderson, Munoz, Levi Jones, Steinbach, Zeitler, Whitworth, etc, just to name a few) but the team has not really ever developed someone from any later rounds.  Ogbuehi and Fisher were the plan to replace Whitworth and Andre Smith, but that clearly didn't work out as well as they had planned or hoped.  Boling was a fourth rounder, and he's good, but right now he's the best lineman on the team.  I'd love to grab a guy in free agency, but that isn't the Bengals normal way of filling needs.  So I want them to grab an OT or two and a center early.  Bodine is bad, as have all the other fourth round centers we have drafted in the Marvin Lewis era.  Ideally a guy like Mason Cole or Billy Price would drop to us in the second, but Price went one pick ahead, plus we have to get an OT.  easiest way to accomplish that is spending multiple top picks on OL.  Plus, we are deep at CB, with Kirkpatrick signed long term, Jones with another year, Jackson in year two, Dennard on the fifth year option, Josh Shaw with another year and KaiVaerie Russell with to more years.  No room at the inn, so to speak.  And before you say they might cut Jones, that would mean we would spend a first rounder on a guy who will be the 6th CB on the depth chart.  I wouldn't do it, but I'm not Mike Brown.  

Just my $.02

Sounds good. I always appreciate this kind of explanations, thank you.

And about the line this class is rich at OTs with Williams, McGlinchey, Brown, Ivey, Rankin, Adams, Jones, Hyatt, Okorafor etc You'll find one in the 1st or 2nd round..Or both.

But whats onteresting with Fitzpatrick is he can play CB or safety. I know you seem set with Iloka and Williams, D.Smith and Shaw in rotation but Fitzpatrick play is at another level and he could be great to improve your cover 2.

Archived