DE: Yannick Ngakoue (FA?)+ Maxx Crosby

LB: Corey Littleton
LB: Nick Kwiatkoski
LB: KJ Wright (FA?)

CB: Richard Sherman (FA?), Isaiah Johnson
CB: Trayvon Mullen, Amik Robertson
Nickle: Damon Arnette

FS: Earl Thomas (FA, gross but maybe?)
SS: Johnathan Abram (or he is the third LB and Jeff Heath is safety)

Need to cut money from the OL (Trent, Richie, and Gabe) and Tyrell Williams money to make it happen and need like Sherman/Thomas/Wright to take a slight discount to play Seattle 2012 again.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

He's better than what you had, but I'm no fan of his. His scheme is predictable and not aggressive.

My thoughts exactly. It’s the same exact type of hire we’ve had in the past two DC’s. He’s a much version of KNJ and PG obviously, but it’s the same style. Imo we needed something brand new.

Meh hire. 

I was hoping Wade Philips, Raheem Morris, or Kris Richard.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chargers said:

Gus's defense will be very good in year 1 and maybe even better year 2. But as sure as the sun rises when year 3 rolls around is when Gus's defense is figured out and is blowing big leads.

I’ll take very good, good & not good as a three-year defensive plan. Much better than the not good, not good & horrific three-year plan we’ve followed recently.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, jrry32 said:

He's better than what you had, but I'm no fan of his. His scheme is predictable and not aggressive.

I mean, I'll echo what I'd said to the Raiders fans that came inquiring as to how Gus was as a DC in the Chargers forum when they came.  Gus' scheme requires specific positions to be above-average at minimum in order for it to be anything more than mediocre... and, looking at the current Raiders roster, they have 1 out of 3-4 of those positions covered... and that's it Crosby's rookie season is far-and-away more indicative of his weekly-performance expectation moving forward than this past season was.  The don't have an above-average centerfielder-type FS, an above-average (arguably should be better than that) multi-tool MLB with sideline-to-sideline speed, or an above-average press-bail corner who knows the tricks to playing physical at the line without getting consistently called for fouls.

• Like 3