Raiders hire Gus Bradley as DC

RaidersAreOne

Just now, bucksavage1 said:

Couldnt be as bad as PG. As a socal resident, Chargers defense was nothing special under Bradley this year despite having talent. 

Don't they always have injury problems though?  Pretty crappy when Derwin James goes down and a couple of your starting DL suffer minor injuries and miss games.

2 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

He's also had a lot more talent to work with. However the Chargers are made of glass so he lost some players throughout.

I agree.  Hopefully he can get the best out of ours.  We'll see what our players are worth when we start cutting players.  I hope he comes out and points out all the problems we all see with our defense (Joyner/Littleton out of position, etc.).

5 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Don't they always have injury problems though?  Pretty crappy when Derwin James goes down and a couple of your starting DL suffer minor injuries and miss games.

I was thinking this too. Chargers always hit with crazy injuries every year, yet they were top 10 on defense the last 3 years. I also like they always brought in great defensive talent, hardly any draft busts and you know Bradley played a role in that. Hmm a coach who actually can get talent and use them in their system. That’s foreign to the Raiders....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jerry said:

What team doesn't have injury issues? Chargers at all levels had high end draft picks. I think the talent had more to do with Tom Telesco and the scouting department. However, Im optimistic he is better than what we had before. Let's just hope he isnt like our last several DCs ......where it looked like the entire league had our plays