Raiders hire Gus Bradley as DC

RaidersAreOne

C grade signing. He runs a zone cover 3 and is not aggressive. Defense did not create take aways and rarely blitzed last season. 

This is basically a rich man Guenther. Will need an overhaul of talent to get any results. He's not much of a teacher. 

This signing doesn't really move the needle IMO. More of the same old. Absolutely have to rebuild the talent on defense to give him a chance.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Someone like Nassib or Irving should be the base DE with Crosby getting a majority of the snaps in nickel and dime packages.

Bradley's scheme is a 43 under like KNJ, right?

That’s what I thought? So we are going back to the scheme and player type ? 

Positives I can see are that his defenses are usually in the top half statistically, he’s a “name” which will hopefully help us attract better talent, he knows the division and especially seems to know how to scheme against the Chiefs.

I can see why some fans think this is a “meh” kind of hire, but there’s no denying this is an upgrade from Guenther. I’m going to look at the positives for now. Will be interested to see how things go with us building a more talented defense. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

Positives I can see are that his defenses are usually in the top half statistically, he’s a “name” which will hopefully help us attract better talent, he knows the division and especially seems to know how to scheme against the Chiefs.

I can see why some fans think this is a “meh” kind of hire, but there’s no denying this is an upgrade from Guenther. I’m going to look at the positives for now. Will be interested to see how things go with us building a more talented defense. 

That's maybe the biggest positive of this hiring. The Chargers always play the Chiefs hard and their D gives Kermit some issues.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

C grade signing. He runs a zone cover 3 and is not aggressive. Defense did not create take aways and rarely blitzed last season. 

This is basically a rich man Guenther. Will need an overhaul of talent to get any results. He's not much of a teacher. 

This signing doesn't really move the needle IMO. More of the same old. Absolutely have to rebuild the talent on defense to give him a chance.

curious where youre getting this from? 

and i dont think its as much of an overhaul(we do need pieces)as it is putting guys like Littleton and Abram in positions to succeed. 

Gruden would rather hire his friends rather than guys who are actually good coaches. 

Like I said Gruden wants an average defense.  We need to sign Hankins/Tomlinson, Dupree/Ingram, and KJ Wright.  Draft or sign a FS that can play cover one and draft a 3T.  We will improve but I do not see us having the talent level the Chargers have on D for a couple years.  Then drat heavily for the o-line after we cut the dead weight and resign Good.

If we run a 4-3 under KJ Wright and Dupree would be great.