Official FF BSET - Futurama vs Rick & Morty

Deadpulse

Round 2 - Michael Scarn  

30 members have voted

1. 1. 22nd seed vs 11th seed

• Futurama (22)
    • Rick and Morty (11)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/14/2021 at 09:00 PM

Rick and Morty doesn't exist without Futurama but it also perfected the equation. R&M for me baby

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

Is this a new format for the site. 

yes, webby pushed through an update last night in an attempt to eliminate the 504 errors some of you may have been getting. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

Rick and Morty doesn't exist without Futurama but it also perfected the equation. R&M for me baby

yes, webby pushed through an update last night in an attempt to eliminate the 504 errors some of you may have been getting. 

Awesome, that 504 error was getting unbearable lately 

Had it not been for those Comedy Central seasons, I think Futureama wins. But, those seasons happened. R&M is fantastic and should have ran away with this as well, but there are some recent episodes that just... I don't know, they didn't entertain me (the circle train episode, the face sucker episodes, Snake Terminator, etc). I think they're simply trying to be the smartest person in the room with some of their stuff, not the funniest person in the room. I think there was some great stuff in there (the private toilet, Beth and... Beth) but, this season just didn't do it for me overall.

Quick aside 1: Disenchanted is growing on me, it might win a hypothetical matchup against either with a good Season 3. It's not there yet - not close, actually - but the exploits of Dreamland are getting intense. (And if it's part of the Futureama universe - as it's teased in S1 - then all bets are off).

Quick aside 2: I'd write in Archer over both of these shows as they currently stand. If Futureama could kill off its CC run, or if R&M could kill off S4, I'd probably pick those... but right now, Archer is the most well rounded show of the three (even with the weird coma seasons).

Quick aside 3: The Ricklantis Mixup > Jurassic Bark. Jurassic Bark was a more emotional episode but the Ricklantis Mixup was a phenomenal bit of storytelling with an absolutely sinister ending that begs for more.