Seahawks fire OC Brian Schottenheimer

TheKillerNacho

3 minutes ago, SalvadorsDeli said:

Carroll was talking the past couple of days about how he thinks they need to run the ball more and how he fires his OC. Is Schotty being fired because he actually wants to #LetRussCook? 

No. He got fired because he had a Top 2 Offense in the NFL from Weeks 1-8, then became the most stale schemer and playcaller in the NFL from Weeks 9-17. I don’t even think their offense was Top 20 during that period. 

If you go on Seattle boards, many of them were satisfied with the firing, and they were literally calling out plays on gameday before they happened.

This man should not get another OC job.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No. He got fired because he had a Top 2 Offense in the NFL from Weeks 1-8, then became the most stale schemer and playcaller in the NFL from Weeks 9-17. I don’t even think their offense was Top 20 during that period. 

If you go on Seattle boards, many of them were satisfied with the firing, and they were literally calling out plays on gameday before they happened.

This man should not get another OC job.

Seahawks fans have been calling for his head forever mostly because they want to see the offense opened up and to hand the keys to Russ. Which the Seahawks did for the first half of the season before seeming to rein things back in after turnovers cost them the Cards game Maybe that was Schotty's doing but based on Carroll's comments the past couple of days, plus this move, it seems like maybe that was Carroll's doing and he's trying to get back to a conservative ground and pound approach and Schottenheimer presumably disagreed. 

Idk, Schotty's never been an impressive offensive mind but I'd be worried about what comes next if Pete Carroll really did find Brian Schottenheimer too aggressive for his liking. 

Edited by SalvadorsDeli
  • Like 3

Colts QB coach the last 2 years of Pagano’s time in Indy. Managed to fail upwards somehow into an OC job because of his name. 

He worked with Scott Tolzien in 2016 leading into Luck missing the 2017 season and Shotty couldn’t get Tolzien to even look decent against the Rams. Brissett had to step in having only been with the team for 10 days.

Not sure how u can blame the seahawks loss on the OC, the offense looked different since their first 6 weeks, Don't think he should be fired unless it was carroll who was the reason for the success in the first half of the season and Schotty took over in the 2nd half of the season, but if i had to guess carroll wanted to establish the run but if it isnt broke dont fix it 🤷‍♂️

15 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Colts QB coach the last 2 years of Pagano’s time in Indy. Managed to fail upwards somehow into an OC job because of his name. 

He worked with Scott Tolzien in 2016 leading into Luck missing the 2017 season and Shotty couldn’t get Tolzien to even look decent against the Rams. Brissett had to step in having only been with the team for 10 days.

I mean, Tolzien wasn't anything approaching a decent QB, so it's not really surprising he couldn't make him look decent against a Rams team that went 11-5 that year. I'm not Schotty fan, but that seems like an unrealistic ask lol.

As for Seattle, we'll have to wait and see on the replacement. Pete's OC hires have tended to be underwhelming. Maybe he breaks the mold this time.

As a Seahawks fan this is good news. 
Schotty became so predictable as the season went on and it was especially apparent against the Rams this past weekend. 
I hope that Carroll can hire a creative OC that will focus on the strength of the offense (Wilson) and that he'll stay away from the O. 
It probably won't happen but a guy can dream