Seahawks fire OC Brian Schottenheimer

TheKillerNacho

From the casual observer, the consistent questionable OL may have something to do with the lack of success. As Cowherd would say: the Seattle OL has been made up of deck chairs for quite sometime...

Oh yeah, and when's the last time they've had a RB that has NOT been hurt for large chunks of the season...

6 minutes ago, Joe said:

From the casual observer, the consistent questionable OL may have something to do with the lack of success. As Cowherd would say: the Seattle OL has been made up of deck chairs for quite sometime...

Oh yeah, and when's the last time they've had a RB that has NOT been hurt for large chunks of the season...

Chris Carson in 2018-2019 started 29 of the 32 games.

Getting more consistent OL play would be ideal. That being said, Seattle's offensive line for most of the year had been a good unit. I think at one point there were top 6 in Pass Blocking. Things feel apart down the stretch as Iupati, Brown, Pocic, Shell all got banged up and missed time. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

What do you expect Russell Wilson to do when nobody's getting open repeatedly? I've seen a million different breakdowns from many analysts on Twitter (actual NFL analysts, not Twitter analysts) that all come back to the same thing: scheme. The concepts the Seahawks were using in the start of the season to torch teams were the same ones they were using at the end of the season when teams adjusted. Wilson is theoretically checking to the right plays to beat said coverages, but those plays don't work because teams have started adjusting to what Seattle does. Did Russell Wilson also struggle and end up playing worse as a result? Absolutely, but you don't have to be an expert to notice how many times Wilson sat in the pocket looking around for an open guy, only to see nothing before you start asking "Is he just not seeing the field, or is nobody open?".

It could be both. Scottenheimer and the offensive staff's playcalling happened to become a deduced trade secret figured out around the league in the second half of the season and/or Russell just had a dip in play where he wasn't seeing the field well and/or making quality throws. I'm saying blame should go all around. Over the years he's had dips in play every few weeks where he almost looks like a completely different player. That is what has has held him back from ever being MVP or All Pro status. This year it was different in the sense that for the first few weeks consecutively he looked unstoppable (which never happened) and the last few weeks he looked consistently lackluster (which never happened). 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

ADAM GASE?????????????

I get the guys point, but is there much point in highlighting his stats without an elite QB, when he would have an elite QB in Seattle? Not saying they should hire him, just saying if he can produce elite offenses with Peyton, he can do the same with Wilson.

37 minutes ago, ChazStandard said:

I get the guys point, but is there much point in highlighting his stats without an elite QB, when he would have an elite QB in Seattle? Not saying they should hire him, just saying if he can produce elite offenses with Peyton, he can do the same with Wilson.

Peyton Manning was his own system, though, and I think that's the large point here. Wilson isn't really his own system, and really no QB is except Manning.