Chuck Pagano retired

JAF-N72EX

9 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I think the Bears need a more aggressive player caller on defense.

The guys who were 1 on 1 dominant in 2018 aren’t anymore.

We need a better scheme to get them free and in advantageous situations. That is the only way we squeeze some more life out of the front 7 specifically.

I agree - we need to modify the scheme to focus a bit more on sending extra guys rather than just sitting back and hoping we get front four pressure.

14 hours ago, WindyCity said:

I am not 100% sure Hicks is back. He has been banged up and clears 10 million in cap space.

This thought enters my mind quite often and I try like hell to swat it away. He's been banged up and I think dude is kind of losing his mind on the field as well. Love him to death but $$$ is a factor.

14 hours ago, G08 said:

This thought enters my mind quite often and I try like hell to swat it away. He's been banged up and I think dude is kind of losing his mind on the field as well. Love him to death but $$$ is a factor.

I wonder if they can get a 4th rounder back for him. A team like Tennessee who doesn't do well against the run or get to the passer yet is ready to win might be a fit

On 1/19/2021 at 7:24 AM, WindyCity said:

I think the Bears need a more aggressive player caller on defense.

The guys who were 1 on 1 dominant in 2018 aren’t anymore.

We need a better scheme to get them free and in advantageous situations. That is the only way we squeeze some more life out of the front 7 specifically.

Is **** LeBeau available?

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

Someone called that a while back.

I said if Staley were to get a job then Rodgers was as good as gone and you can't really blame him, even if Bears offered him a raise or a promotion to DC.

He gets to go to LA under a brand new staff which indicates more job security then he'd have with the Bears plus he's getting to coach a pretty talented D as well which should help his future head coaching job prospects.

Needless to say Nagy's got his work cut out for him now.

His first crack at D coordinator after Fangio left didn't exactly work out. Let's hope for a better result