Bears DC Chuck Pagano to retire

pwny

It's an honorable way for him to go out.  He was downright bad this year.  With our front we should be producing a lot better.  Even w/o Eddie Goldman for the year.  I would concur on that we should probably morph out of the 3-4, but that would have been nice to do when we still had Floyd.  Hopefully Jay Roger's gets the long overdue promotion to DC before somebody snatches him up.

2 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

50 years of no Super Bowl wins was enough for me in Minnesota.  I decided to gamble on a change of scenery that could hopefully develop into bigger and better things. 

You uhh... ended up in Jacksonville on that 'gamble'? 👀

1 minute ago, Totty said:

You uhh... ended up in Jacksonville on that 'gamble'? 👀

Yes, for a few reasons.  The obvious conclusion would be that it was solely for Trevor Lawrence.  It would be disingenuous to say he wasn't a huge part of it, but I also felt justified in choosing them now because they had just cleared the roster of a number of good, veteran players, so they are pretty much starting over with almost a clean slate.  I liked this because it is what I have been wanting the Vikings to do for 2 years now.  In addition to that, this is a franchise that has been a bottom-dweller for most of their existence.  I figured that would kind of make up for the thought that I was just jumping onto the Trevor bandwagon.  They will get him at #1, but he isn't going to be the answer to everything.  There is a LOT of work that needs to be done on that roster.  The good thing is they have some good draft picks and a lot of salary cap space to work with.  They are almost a blank canvas, and I like that.  I do expect the Vikings to be a better team than the Jags in 2021.  Hopefully that will change in 2022 an into the future. 

8 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It's an honorable way for him to go out.  He was downright bad this year.  With our front we should be producing a lot better.  Even w/o Eddie Goldman for the year.  I would concur on that we should probably morph out of the 3-4, but that would have been nice to do when we still had Floyd.  Hopefully Jay Roger's gets the long overdue promotion to DC before somebody snatches him up.

Would Mack become a DE in a 4-3?