League source: Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy will be back in 2021

JAF-N72EX

While I am disappointed by this news I am for one not shocked at all.

On one hand I agree with keeping both of them vs their typical ways of firing the GM but keeping the HC, which usually never leads to good results.

Nagy was Pace's choice so in that regard they should be a package deal. Either keep them both or fire them both is what I said.. though I favored the latter.

On the other hand I can't help but feel they will just be back at this same point next year unless they somehow have a master plan to land a franchise QB who puts this team over the top...but don't count me as being too optimistic on that front.

Nonetheless it should be a very interesting offseason. I am really intrigued to see what happens at QB and with ARob.

I still can't see Mitch coming back given what's at stake but who really fricken knows with this organization and the way they do things

Just now, CBears019 said:

Worth considering

There's speculation that Philips may be out which opens up the possibility of Pace moving upstairs which opens up the GM position. 

God I hope this happens. Since the McCaskey's won't stop breeding I'll settle for Philips for now. 

16 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Here is a question for Bears fans regarding Pace & Nagy.  Right now, the offense looks mediocre, but what would your offense look like if they had simply picked Mahomes or Watson instead of Trubisky?  Would your offense be a Top 5 unit?  Top 10?  Would there still be a lot of weak spots, or does it just look like it because you have a QB that simply isn't very good?

To me, the Trubisky selection was just catastrophic to the entire franchise.  I'd like to say that you should just get back up on the horse and swing for the fences again in the draft this year by moving up for a good QB prospect.  The problem is that Pace and Nagy blew it so badly the last time it's difficult to put the next 3-4 years of your franchise in their hands again.  It's a difficult situation.   

They would obviously be much better.

I am not sure how you trust Pace after crippling the franchise once.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Here is a question for Bears fans regarding Pace & Nagy.  Right now, the offense looks mediocre, but what would your offense look like if they had simply picked Mahomes or Watson instead of Trubisky?  Would your offense be a Top 5 unit?  Top 10?  Would there still be a lot of weak spots, or does it just look like it because you have a QB that simply isn't very good?

To me, the Trubisky selection was just catastrophic to the entire franchise.  I'd like to say that you should just get back up on the horse and swing for the fences again in the draft this year by moving up for a good QB prospect.  The problem is that Pace and Nagy blew it so badly the last time it's difficult to put the next 3-4 years of your franchise in their hands again.  It's a difficult situation.   

With our luck, Mahomes/Watson would have been struck with a bolt of lightening that ended their careers. 

In all seriousness, it's hard to say.  I still don't think we would have a SB right now....even in 2018 when we had a historic defense. Rookie QB led teams don't win the SB....playoffs take experience.  besides with Nagy's play-calling I don't think Mahomes becomes the Mahomes he is now. 

9 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I know Windy. You don't like Pace and you are trying your hardest to goad whoever is willing to listen to you talk in circles about the same thing over and over and over. 

Simply making a comment about Ted Phillips resume with this team.

His hiring has been the reason we have had the last 24 years.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Simply making a comment about Ted Phillips resume with this team.

His hiring has been the reason we have had the last 24 years.

I agree. 

He's made far more mistakes than that too. He's supposed to be a financier and the field monsters are still taking players out after all these years. Chicago is a top market in the league and he struggles to even manage it to a top-10. He lets the district walk all over him. Buy hey, him and McCaskey know that Bears fans are dedicated so they will get paid anyhow. 

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

1. Covid protocols won’t allow that.

2. It is very cold here.

3. Even the zombies outside of 7-11 realize keeping Pace is ridiculous. Not much of a discussion.

Lol.  This legit made me laugh. Mainly because my wife just came in a minute ago and reminded me to take out the trash and I'm sitting comfortably in a T-shirt. I hate the cold. 

23 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Lol.  This legit made me laugh. Mainly because my wife just came in a minute ago and reminded me to take out the trash and I'm sitting comfortably in a T-shirt. I hate the cold. 

I'm in north Louisiana and they had like 2 or 3 inches of snow, and schools shut down. It got into the 60s and now the snow is already gone. I love the south. 

3 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'm in north Louisiana and they had like 2 or 3 inches of snow, and schools shut down. 

Wait. They shut schools down for 2 inches of snow?!  The only way they shut schools down here in the Midwest is if there's 2 inches of ice on the roads. 

6 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

It got into the 60s and now the snow is already gone. I love the south. 

I2S9.gif

We've had a mild winter and it's still topping off around freezing temps. 

• Like 1