League source: Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy will be back in 2021

JAF-N72EX

29 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The owner of the team pretty much **** on the QB play his entire press conference before praising the coach and GM.

You know who went under the bus right?

I get it, but listening to Pace it didn't sound to me like they turned the page (yet), so to speak. 

In my Stephen A Smith voice: I'm not happy and here's why.

Man....  What. A. Day.  

I spent over 13 hours today remodeling the kitchen while listening to the radio and during that entire time I think I experienced every single emotion a human being is capable of ever feeling. Hell, I'm pretty sure I even discovered a new one. I'll spare you the frustrating details about the kitchen. 

First, we get the most embarrassing and awkward presser from any FO that I have ever listened to in my lifetime--no hyperbole or recency bias needed either--it was downright awful and will forever go down in infamy.  Pace and Nagy didn't make it much better either. Then to top off such a wonderful day, the annoying Orange gets impeached for the 2nd time in the last 13 months, and then said Orange makes a public statement asking his cult to be peaceful (7 days and 5 deaths too late). 

I mean what in the world happened today? Did Nostradamus predict this day too? If he did then eff him.  Jesus,  I cannot wait to go to bed and get this day over with.  

I don't even know where to start about what we heard today from McCaskey and Philips.  I really don't.  It was that bad. Dodging questions,  ignoring them altogether, and when they did answer them it was straight out of the PR's 41st edition paperback on "how to sugarcoat, blow smoke, and act like you really care". And just think, the last words of Ted's lifetime achievement award speech to open the presser was "we're happy to answer any question". 

This presser was suppose to help instill confidence in fans moving forward going into the 2021 season and not only did they fail at accomplishing that but they actually made it worse. All of you guys know where I stand and even MY morale is much lower than it was 24 hours ago after this **** show. 

First off, I seriously cannot believe Curious George and Teddy Ruxpin really needed to take up 33% of the allotted time(15 minutes of a 45 minute presser) to read a 7 minute pre-made speech for a freaking press conference!  Why can't you just talk? If what you are saying is genuine then you shouldn't need to read notes off of a prompter.  Your not accepting a nobel prize here.  

Then to make matters worse you can tell they had someone from the PR dept write that **** for him. Especially George.  It sounded like a 5th grader reading a paragraph out of a history book. "I want to thank. Our great staff. For the way. You handled. Ad..versity. Through this. Pandemic. All of those involved. You did. A great job. I'm. Proud of you. 

Second of all, Curious George had the nerve to actually say "there are no ego's invloved".  Like we haven't seen his ego for years .  Like we haven't seen Philips ego for decades now going all the way back to when he had a major influential voice in coaching hires and player contracts.  Like we haven't seen Pace's ego when it comes to admitting he was wrong about White and Mitch and continued to push for them until he had no choice. Like we haven't seen Nagy's ego when it comes to admitting that he is not as good of a play-caller that he think he is.

I mean cmon........we're not ******* idiots. We see right through this blanket of **** that you are trying to put in front of our faces! 

THird of all, IIRC and perhaps the most surprising (and disrespectful) part was that neither George or Ruxpin even mentioned Pagano at all during the whole presser.  The man just retired and you spend 5 minutes thanking the janitor for his part in the organization and you can't even find time to thank Pagano for his services and congratulate him on future endeavors after everything he has been through? That is totally disrespectful.  But this told me something about the Pagano situation though, which I won't get into here.

Seriously though. They didn't offer anything at all except for "I'm sorry fans couldn't attend games this year and fatten my pockets. I'm truly sorry that I had to downgrade from a 8M dollar mansion to a 5M dollar hut". Oh the struggle. But on the bright side "Philips has been exceptional and we're glad to have him" (I'll refrain from any sexual references here).

Sorry fans my ***. It's like, this the ******* problem here. How do you not see it? Fans are frustrated because all you care about is money and pleasing investors. You care more about those investors than you do the players, fans, and the team actually winning something meaningful. Your brother was the same way and you are no different. You guys treated BEARS legends (Lovie, Urlacher, Briggs) like **** after they gave their all for this franchise for over a decade and you threw them aside like they were scrubs. 

And what the hell do you mean you can't talk about Pace and Nagy's contracts? I thought this was supposed to be helping fans understand the process and getting an idea of the vision and plan moving forward? How the hell does keeping us out of the dark help that? It does the opposite. 

Ruxpin was asked about his evaluation process regarding the last 2 decades and his answer was "ummm....it wasn't 2 decades. The man has been here for 25ish years. I get that his responsibilities have changed over the years but the evaluation process is still the same......"is this guy good enough to fit the job or not?". Furthermore, he says that his evaluation is looking at "the body of work and not just one game or season".

Just to give you an idea of the level of understanding in his "evaluation", especially for you younger fans. This is the same guy who wanted to give Jim Harbuagh more money because he was so afraid he would leave. He fought hard for it and he won. Now, Harbaugh's resume up to that point had consisted of 6 years in league, only 3 years of the primary starter, and 2 playoff appearances (courtesy of the defense), a bad habit of folding under pressure, being late to practice, and never showing an ounce that he was ever good enough to carry a team. He was released a year later when they found out the Salary cap was going to start the next year.  Jim Harbaugh was Jim Miller before Jim Miller. Or a better and more recent example, he was a mix between Mitch and Foles. 

Another example of his "evaluation process" came just a couple of years later when the Bears traded a #1 pick for Rick Mirer. Although that was more McCaskey and Graves than it was Ted but he still signed off on it in the end. Graves loved Mirer, McCaskey loved Graves, and Ted signed off on it because he's a "yes man". Which is why the McCaskey's like him so much they feed of their egos feed off of this type of graveling.....which is Ruxpin is still here. Feed the McCaskey ego and make them a lot of money. 

Seriously. At this point, I'm convinced that McCaskey and Ted hired the same PR group to write there crap as the Annoying Orange does. Because that what it felt like.

As far as Pace and Nagy. You guys know that I have been on the front lines for Pace and I've taken bullets from every which direction from all of you along the way, but I can't even defend that crap.

You know what that 30-40 minute presser from Pace/Nagy felt like?  A presser you would get from a either of them after a big loss. 

I mean cmon....enough with the bull****. Give a straight answer for once. What do you plan to do to fix that you are saying is broken?  What led to making X decision? What is going with Arob? 

I understand that you have to be strategically cautious with what you say with the draft and free agency coming up, but give us something more than the same crap that they teach you to say in PR classes.  

What the **** you mean you can't talk about Arob's extension strictly out of "respect for Arob"? Player contracts are made public. And if you really respected him then you would've gave him an extension 5 months ago before he had a chance to ball out even more and put him in a position to raise his own price. The man has been healthy and a class act for 3 years, and is literally responsible for 28% of the total passing yards and 23% of the total completions in the pass game. Despite playing with a garbage QB and a garbage coordinator. 

But now the FO has backed themselves into a corner, unless they plan to FA tag him. He has all the leverage now.

"Don't act like you want me now. If you want to extend me then the asking price is 18-22M. You don't wanna pay....fine.  I could hit free agency and get paid AND a chance to play with a REAL QB while I'm still in my prime. Franchise tag? Go ahead and bottleneck me.... but you know that doesn't usually go over well in the locker room with a respected player like me. So much for your "great culture" huh?"

Unless he's a very nice guy. pace/Nagy painted themselves into corner with Arob. 

Sorry for the rant guys. All in all, the structure of this franchise is so damn messed up. Why is it that we, as FANS, can see more than they can. Or are they really this blind? Or do they really think WE are this blind? I just don't get it.  

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, ET80 said:

Guys, I'm so sorry. As someone dealing with a bunch of nonsense, I know how a decision such as this can be so deflating.

I hope things work out sooner rather than later.

Deflating would be an understatement. Dude, I'm probably the biggest Pace apologist on here and I can't even defend what I heard today.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nads786 said:

Just finished watching the presser, I'm sure everyone here is over it but my god this organization is pathetic. We need new ownership and since everyone knows we need a QB expect a massive reach.

I agree. Wholeheartedly. It's decades past due.  Unfortunately i's not ever going to happen in your lifetime, your kids lifetime, or even in your grandkids lifetime.

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

In my Stephen A Smith voice: I'm not happy and here's why.

Man....  What. A. Day.  

I spent over 13 hours today remodeling the kitchen while listening to the radio and during that entire time I think I experienced every single emotion a human being is capable of ever feeling. Hell, I'm pretty sure I even discovered a new one. I'll spare you the frustrating details about the kitchen. 

First, we get the most embarrassing and awkward presser from any FO that I have ever listened to in my lifetime--no hyperbole or recency bias needed either--it was downright awful and will forever go down in infamy.  Pace and Nagy didn't make it much better either. Then to top off such a wonderful day, the annoying Orange gets impeached for the 2nd time in the last 13 months, and then said Orange makes a public statement asking his cult to be peaceful (7 days and 5 deaths too late). 

I mean what in the world happened today? Did Nostradamus predict this day too? If he did then eff him.  Jesus,  I cannot wait to go to bed and get this day over with.  

I don't even know where to start about what we heard today from McCaskey and Philips.  I really don't.  It was that bad. Dodging questions,  ignoring them altogether, and when they did answer them it was straight out of the PR's 41st edition paperback on "how to sugarcoat, blow smoke, and act like you really care". And just think, the last words of Ted's lifetime achievement award speech to open the presser was "we're happy to answer any question". 

This presser was suppose to help instill confidence in fans moving forward going into the 2021 season and not only did they fail at accomplishing that but they actually made it worse. All of you guys know where I stand and even MY morale is much lower than it was 24 hours ago after this **** show. 

First off, I seriously cannot believe Curious George and Teddy Ruxpin really needed to take up 33% of the allotted time(15 minutes of a 45 minute presser) to read a 7 minute pre-made speech for a freaking press conference!  Why can't you just talk? If what you are saying is genuine then you shouldn't need to read notes off of a prompter.  Your not accepting a nobel prize here.  

Then to make matters worse you can tell they had someone from the PR dept write that **** for him. Especially George.  It sounded like a 5th grader reading a paragraph out of a history book. "I want to thank. Our great staff. For the way. You handled. Ad..versity. Through this. Pandemic. All of those involved. You did. A great job. I'm. Proud of you. 

Second of all, Curious George had the nerve to actually say "there are no ego's invloved".  Like we haven't seen his ego for years .  Like we haven't seen Philips ego for decades now going all the way back to when he had a major influential voice in coaching hires and player contracts.  Like we haven't seen Pace's ego when it comes to admitting he was wrong about White and Mitch and continued to push for them until he had no choice. Like we haven't seen Nagy's ego when it comes to admitting that he is not as good of a play-caller that he think he is.

I mean cmon........we're not ******* idiots. We see right through this blanket of **** that you are trying to put in front of our faces! 

THird of all, IIRC and perhaps the most surprising (and disrespectful) part was that neither George or Ruxpin even mentioned Pagano at all during the whole presser.  The man just retired and you spend 5 minutes thanking the janitor for his part in the organization and you can't even find time to thank Pagano for his services and congratulate him on future endeavors after everything he has been through? That is totally disrespectful.  But this told me something about the Pagano situation though, which I won't get into here.

Seriously though. They didn't offer anything at all except for "I'm sorry fans couldn't attend games this year and fatten my pockets. I'm truly sorry that I had to downgrade from a 8M dollar mansion to a 5M dollar hut". Oh the struggle. But on the bright side "Philips has been exceptional and we're glad to have him" (I'll refrain from any sexual references here).

Sorry fans my ***. It's like, this the ******* problem here. How do you not see it? Fans are frustrated because all you care about is money and pleasing investors. You care more about those investors than you do the players, fans, and the team actually winning something meaningful. Your brother was the same way and you are no different. You guys treated BEARS legends (Lovie, Urlacher, Briggs) like **** after they gave their all for this franchise for over a decade and you threw them aside like they were scrubs. 

And what the hell do you mean you can't talk about Pace and Nagy's contracts? I thought this was supposed to be helping fans understand the process and getting an idea of the vision and plan moving forward? How the hell does keeping us out of the dark help that? It does the opposite. 

Ruxpin was asked about his evaluation process regarding the last 2 decades and his answer was "ummm....it wasn't 2 decades. The man has been here for 25ish years. I get that his responsibilities have changed over the years but the evaluation process is still the same......"is this guy good enough to fit the job or not?". Furthermore, he says that his evaluation is looking at "the body of work and not just one game or season".

Just to give you an idea of the level of understanding in his "evaluation", especially for you younger fans. This is the same guy who wanted to give Jim Harbuagh more money because he was so afraid he would leave. He fought hard for it and he won. Now, Harbaugh's resume up to that point had consisted of 6 years in league, only 3 years of the primary starter, and 2 playoff appearances (courtesy of the defense), a bad habit of folding under pressure, being late to practice, and never showing an ounce that he was ever good enough to carry a team. He was released a year later when they found out the Salary cap was going to start the next year.  Jim Harbaugh was Jim Miller before Jim Miller. Or a better and more recent example, he was a mix between Mitch and Foles. 

Another example of his "evaluation process" came just a couple of years later when the Bears traded a #1 pick for Rick Mirer. Although that was more McCaskey and Graves than it was Ted but he still signed off on it in the end. Graves loved Mirer, McCaskey loved Graves, and Ted signed off on it because he's a "yes man". Which is why the McCaskey's like him so much they feed of their egos feed off of this type of graveling.....which is Ruxpin is still here. Feed the McCaskey ego and make them a lot of money. 

Seriously. At this point, I'm convinced that McCaskey and Ted hired the same PR group to write there crap as the Annoying Orange does. Because that what it felt like.

As far as Pace and Nagy. You guys know that I have been on the front lines for Pace and I've taken bullets from every which direction from all of you along the way, but I can't even defend that crap.

You know what that 30-40 minute presser from Pace/Nagy felt like?  A presser you would get from a either of them after a big loss. 

I mean cmon....enough with the bull****. Give a straight answer for once. What do you plan to do to fix that you are saying is broken?  What led to making X decision? What is going with Arob? 

I understand that you have to be strategically cautious with what you say with the draft and free agency coming up, but give us something more than the same crap that they teach you to say in PR classes.  

What the **** you mean you can't talk about Arob's extension strictly out of "respect for Arob"? Player contracts are made public. And if you really respected him then you would've gave him an extension 5 months ago before he had a chance to ball out even more and put him in a position to raise his own price. The man has been healthy and a class act for 3 years, and is literally responsible for 28% of the total passing yards and 23% of the total completions in the pass game. Despite playing with a garbage QB and a garbage coordinator. 

But now the FO has backed themselves into a corner, unless they plan to FA tag him. He has all the leverage now.

"Don't act like you want me now. If you want to extend me then the asking price is 18-22M. You don't wanna pay....fine.  I could hit free agency and get paid AND a chance to play with a REAL QB while I'm still in my prime. Franchise tag? Go ahead and bottleneck me.... but you know that doesn't usually go over well in the locker room with a respected player like me. So much for your "great culture" huh?"

Unless he's a very nice guy. pace/Nagy painted themselves into corner with Arob. 

Sorry for the rant guys. All in all, the structure of this franchise is so damn messed up. Why is it that we, as FANS, can see more than they can. Or are they really this blind? Or do they really think WE are this blind? I just don't get it.  

It's January 14 and we have our unanimous winner for post of 2021. Show him what he's won, Johnny!

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Deflating would be an understatement. Dude, I'm probably the biggest Pace apologist on here and I can't even defend what I heard today.  

I completely and totally get it - I had to sit and listen to a billionaire's son/manchild go on about culture, golf and Water Bucket Challenges (no joke) while the VP of Football Operations sat back at home and continued creating his Megachurch disguised as a football team.

We are birds of a feather, friend.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Epyon said:

I think the other concern we have to look at, is even if we did get Wilson. That kid will die if we have a useless Walrus like Leno protecting him, and literally only Mooney to throw to when Robinson walks

They should release Leno and try to sign Trent Williams/Russell Okung if available and then draft an OT somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

I also wouldn't mind them taking another look at Ifedi on a short term deal and releasing Massie.  A line like this would be much better than last year.

LT: Williams/Okung/Rookie

LG: Whitehair

C : Daniels/Mustipher

RG: Bars/Daniels

RT: Ifedi/Rookie

34 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

They should release Leno and try to sign Trent Williams/Russell Okung if available and then draft an OT somewhere in the first 3 rounds.

I also wouldn't mind them taking another look at Ifedi on a short term deal and releasing Massie.  A line like this would be much better than last year.

LT: Williams/Okung/Rookie

LG: Whitehair

C : Daniels/Mustipher

RG: Bars/Daniels

RT: Ifedi/Rookie

Move Ifedi to a position he can't play? Move Daniels back to a position he's much worse at? Bench our now 2nd year C who played well? Good call. 

4 minutes ago, Damikeeeee said:

Move Ifedi to a position he can't play? Move Daniels back to a position he's much worse at? Bench our now 2nd year C who played well? Good call. 

Thanks.  Maybe instead of being a smart *** tell us what your proposal would be for a better OL.

Ifedi can play RT just as good if not better than Massie can.  Who do you think was playing there for us the past half season?  He wasn't amazing but he held his own pretty good I'd say.

I also said they should draft an OT in the first 3 rounds...never said to just hand Ifedi the starting spot, but to keep him as depth or a starter while a rookie gets up to speed.  Sounds like a better option to me than keeping Massie and his $9.3M  cap hit.

Mustipher played well you're right.  The alternative is to leave Mustipher at C and put Daniels at RT and have Bars as a back up, hence why I put Daniels at both C and RG positions in my depth chart example.