League source: Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy will be back in 2021

JAF-N72EX

1 minute ago, topwop1 said:

Rumor has is that Jets are on the verge of hiring Robert Saleh as their new HC.

I thought Pederson would be a shoe in there due to his connections to Joe Douglas but I guess Jets are going in a younger direction.

This tells me that Darnold is expendable.

Weird move to go with a defensive coach if you ask me...I would honestly take Trubisky for free over given up something for Darnold.

1 minute ago, Madmike90 said:

Weird move to go with a defensive coach if you ask me...I would honestly take Trubisky for free over given up something for Darnold.

Darnold has arm talent you can see it.  He is also pretty mobile too. A key underrated trait in today's NFL.

Mac Jones comes with a buyer beware to me.  He can definitely make NFL type throws but how much of his success is tied to his supporting cast and scheme vs his actual talent.  He also lacks mobility which is concerning behind our OL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Darnold has arm talent you can see it.  He is also pretty mobile too. A key underrated trait in today's NFL.

Mac Jones comes with a buyer beware to me.  He can definitely make NFL type throws but how much of his success is tied to his supporting cast and scheme vs his actual talent.  He also lacks mobility which is concerning behind our OL.

The thing with Jones is he isn't running away from anyone but he has excellent pocket awareness and movement...keeps his eyes down field and finds who has got open...no doubt the talent around him helps but his temperament seem exactly what we need...was really impressed with him in the national championship game. 

Ross Tucker threw it out during the Natty, but he said Mac Jones reminds him a lot of Eli and i think that hits it. Not going to beat you with his legs, but is accurate, can maneuver the pocket, read defenses, and has a strong enough arm. I wouldn't be disappointed if we took him at #20.

I brought this up before, but a sign and trade of Arob for Darnold would allow us to get value for Arob, and allow us to take a WR or OT with our first, AND we would keep our 2nd.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

If Jones is good enough to go 20 then he is good enough to go 12 to SF, 15 to NE or 19 to Was.

We are really in a bad draft spot unless we are willing to move.

Same could have been said of Rogers. We need to have a strong contrarian opinion on a QB to get the guy we want. With how bad this regime is at evaluating the QB, that will not happen. 

I'm still in the sell the farm and go get Wilson boat. 

I'd be OK with selling an even bigger farm for Watson (but don't see why the hell he'd take a bears job) 

Realistically, I don't see any scenario more realistic for us than Mac Jones. And I'm only marginally more excited for that, than just drafting OL and maybe one WR in the first 3 round, and tagging mitch.