League source: Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy will be back in 2021

13 minutes ago, Epyon said:

I'm still in the sell the farm and go get Wilson boat. 

I'd be OK with selling an even bigger farm for Watson (but don't see why the hell he'd take a bears job) 

Realistically, I don't see any scenario more realistic for us than Mac Jones. And I'm only marginally more excited for that, than just drafting OL and maybe one WR in the first 3 round, and tagging mitch. 

Based on what we heard today I think Mitch is gone.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I think the most realistic QBs for the Bears are

Mac Jones

Nick Foles

Jimmy G

Sam Darnold

I'll take Mac, Lance, Trask - whoever is available at our pick - over any of the vets. 

We need to take a swing with a high ceiling. Not commit bigger money to the weak link that lowers the ceiling for the offense. 

Darnold is 23 years old and has 3 years NFL experience.  Joe Burrow is one year older.   

He came into league as a baby at toughest position onto a team several times more dysfunctional and poorly run than Bears.     He is still younger than a lot of rookies.   

He has 2 years left on rookie deal counting 5th year option.

That is worth a hard look IMO.  Just don't overpay.   Worth a 2nd rounder off cuff.   I would have to watch his games to be sure.   

What are your objections to him? Seems an easy decision given veteran options and a first round draft pick that is high enough to guarantee a project QB or a franchise ruining trade.    

I would bring him in with a new coach though and not a lame duck one.   

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Darnold is 23 years old and has 3 years NFL experience.  Joe Burrow is one year older.   

He came into league as a baby at toughest position onto a team several times more dysfunctional and poorly run than Bears.     He is still younger than a lot of rookies.   

That is worth a hard look IMO.  Just don't overpay.   Worth a 2nd rounder off cuff.   I would have to watch his games to be sure.   

What are your objections to him? Seems an easy decision given veteran options and a first round draft pick that is high enough to guarantee a project QB or a franchise ruining trade.    

I would bring him in with a new coach though and not a lame duck one.   

He will make a world beating throw one play...then throw into triple coverage the next...dude is just so inconsistent and we have been there for a long long time.

2 hours ago, Sugashane said:

Mahomes in 2 years has played in 5 playoff games and won 4, more than Chicago has had under Philips. 

Pathetic on so many levels. 

Philips is a joke. Just the way he talks like today for example you can tell he is a phony who has no business being the CEO of a professional football team let alone one of the founding franchises of the league but here we are.

He managed to con his way to being in the position he is today and the results speak for themselves.

Hopefully this is his last hoorah and he retires in the next cpl years and onwership comes to their senses and hires a real football person as his replace

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Madmike90 said:

He will make a world beating throw one play...then throw into triple coverage the next...dude is just so inconsistent and we have been there for a long long time.

We likely are not looking at a good option unless we make a massive trade up.

The veteran options are lacklustre and the draft falls off really quick

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Philips is a joke. Just the way he talks like today for example you can tell he is a phony who has no business being the CEO of a professional football team let alone one of the founding franchises of the league but here we are.

He managed to con his way to being in the position he is today and the results speak for themselves.

Hopefully this is his last hoorah and he retires in the next cpl years and onwership comes to their senses and hires a real football person as his replace

The entire crew of them is conning McCaskey who by all appearances is an idiot.

How can you talk about having to solve the QB issue and then turn around and say you are keeping Pace? Because he conned him into thinking he had a big plan for QB. 

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

We likely are not looking at a good option unless we make a massive trade up.

The veteran options are lacklustre and the draft falls off really quick

I'm all for a trade up to nab a guy like Wilson but if that's not successful then my next choice would be to trade a 2nd/mid round pick for Darnold.

Like it was mentioned earlier Darnold is still relatively young and now has 3 years of NFL experience under his belt. He's going to be a better plug and play option than a rookie we would get at 20th overall or later.

People forget Darnold was once viewed as the next really good QB prospect and at the top of his draft class. Not the best option by any means but better than Nick Foles.

• Like 1

My biggest concern is they think they can take a C.J. Beathard or Andy Dalton and "win within the scheme" we need a true difference maker...take 2022s 1st to move up for Wilson or Lance? I would have zero issue with it because unless you swing again you will never hit that home run.

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Based on what we heard today I think Mitch is gone.

Lord. Let's hope so. At least something sane comes from this off-season...

2 hours ago, Pool said:

Cbears019 is a brony confirmed.

tumblr_me9w63pX251rxmai6o1_500.gif

1 hour ago, dll2000 said:

My only objection is that he appears to be injury prone. In spite of what we've read here, the kid DOES have a rocket arm. If tasked with sticking with Mitch, or taking a look at Darnold, I'd be all in on Darnold. Provided there was a backup plan. 

23 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

My biggest concern is they think they can take a C.J. Beathard or Andy Dalton and "win within the scheme" we need a true difference maker...take 2022s 1st to move up for Wilson or Lance? I would have zero issue with it because unless you swing again you will never hit that home run.

I am not sure it will be enough. Moving out of the top 10 to 20 is a long way. It doesn’t happen often, if ever, because teams don’t like to drop out of the “elite talent”.

It is likely that the Bears can’t get to the top QBs of the draft.

The actual debate should be Jimmy G vs Darnold vs Mac Jones

24 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

With Nagy’s ego anything is possible.

I just need Pace to show some common sense, if you want to win with a trash QB and good defense you need an above average OL.

That would require a big investment up front.

If I cannot get to the top QB talent and Mac Jones goes before 20.

I would offer a 3rd this year and a conditional 3rd next year for Darnold and pray.

You can’t start Foles. We know now that outside of that magic run in Philly he is straight trash.