League source: Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy will be back in 2021

JAF-N72EX

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am not sure it will be enough. Moving out of the top 10 to 20 is a long way. It doesn’t happen often, if ever, because teams don’t like to drop out of the “elite talent”.

It is likely that the Bears can’t get to the top QBs of the draft.

The actual debate should be Jimmy G vs Darnold vs Mac Jones

I just wonder if Minnesota at #13 could be open for business...do I think Wilson or Lance could hit that spot? Very possibly.

11 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

I just wonder if Minnesota at #13 could be open for business...do I think Wilson or Lance could hit that spot? Very possibly.

Atlanta 

Carolina

SF

NE

Was

There is a chance neither make it out of the top 10 with Atl and Car.

There is a good chance SF is in the market.

I think if you want to be in a good position you’ll need to hit 11.

16 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Minnesota won't make a trade with Chicago that aids them in their quest for a QB.

Won't happen. 

6 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Atlanta 

Carolina

SF

NE

Was

There is a chance neither make it out of the top 10 with Atl and Car.

There is a good chance SF is in the market.

I think if you want to be in a good position you’ll need to hit 11.

Is Atlanta do take a QB I would be all over trying to get Matt Ryan...Jimmy G would be decent too.

9 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Is Atlanta do take a QB I would be all over trying to get Matt Ryan...Jimmy G would be decent too.

Ryan would be nice. But he comes with a 40 million plus dead cap hit for the Falcons.

I am hoping they hire Arthur Smith and ride out a couple more years with Ryan.

37 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Just finished watching the presser, I'm sure everyone here is over it but my god this organization is pathetic. We need new ownership and since everyone knows we need a QB expect a massive reach.

Or expect Pace to get fleeced in a trade up if it happens. Every GM in the league knows Pace is aggressive and will do whatever it takes to land his guy. Add in the fact that he will be desperate not only to save his job but also to right his wrong on the Trubisky pick. Should be fun!

30 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Or expect Pace to get fleeced in a trade up if it happens. Every GM in the league knows Pace is aggressive and will do whatever it takes to land his guy. Add in the fact that he will be desperate not only to save his job but also to right his wrong on the Trubisky pick. Should be fun!

Fun is one way to look at it.

Will not be fun during the 2023 draft when we are still paying for it.

I don't yet think Trubisky is done here. 

I'd be on board with trading a 2nd and 5th or 6th for Darnold if he was available. 

Mac Jones makes the most sense, but he has limited college experience and we just went through that nightmare. Roll the dice again? He has an average arm and limited athleticism, hardly a sure thing. 

Edited by G08

51 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Fun is one way to look at it.

Will not be fun during the 2023 draft when we are still paying for it.

I don't know that it'll take 3 first round picks to move up 10 or so spots.  I think one of Fields or Wilson will be available between 5 & 10. 

Just now, topwop1 said:

I don't know that it'll take 3 first round picks to move up 10 or so spots.  I think one of Fields or Wilson will be available between 5 & 10. 

Moving to 10 based on past trades will cost the Bears a 2nd and future 3rd.

But that hardly guarantees Fields or Wilson. For that you likely need to get to 5.

That move will cost a lot.

12 minutes ago, G08 said:

I don't yet think Trubisky is done here. 

I'd be in board with trading a 2nd and 6th for Darnold if he was available. 

Mac Jones makes the most sense, but he has limited college experience and we just went through that nightmare. Roll the dice again? He has an average arm and limited athleticism, hardly a sure thing. 

The owner of the team pretty much **** on the QB play his entire press conference before praising the coach and GM.

You know who went under the bus right?

5 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

For the Rams to go 15-1 cost

2-1sts

2-2nds

2-3rds

20 to 5 would likely be a little cheaper but it is still a 15 point jump for a QB.

15 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Moving to 10 based on past trades will cost the Bears a 2nd and future 3rd.

But that hardly guarantees Fields or Wilson. For that you likely need to get to 5.

That move will cost a lot.

Every year we see good QBs drop out of that top-5  Herbert went 6th last year and Josh Allen went 7th in 2018. Plus the year before Mahomes 10th and Watson 12th.  Don't be so sure.

Edited by topwop1