League source: Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy will be back in 2021

JAF-N72EX

14 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Someone went under the bus in those meetings and it was probably the guy who wasn't at the "congrats on 8-8" press conference.

Bears organization is already under a lot of heat right now after that pathetic press conference yesterday.  Imagine the reaction if they re-sign Mitch now?  People are going to completely give up and or lose it.  I like the dude and appreciate all his hard work and dedication to this team over the past 4 years but there's no way in hell Mitch can return to this team. 

Time to move on otherwise Pace is just going to look like even more of a fool.  He has a real chance to make amends for his draft screw up and I don't think he's going to hitch his wagon to Mitch again.  At least that would be the smart play..but smart and Bears are two things that rarely go hand in hand.

Edited by topwop1

3 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Thanks.  Maybe instead of being a smart *** tell us what your proposal would be for a better OL.

Ifedi can play RT just as good if not better than Massie can.  Who do you think was playing there for us the past half season?  He wasn't amazing but he held his own pretty good I'd say.

I also said they should draft an OT in the first 3 rounds...never said to just hand Ifedi the starting spot, but to keep him as depth or a starter while a rookie gets up to speed.  Sounds like a better option to me than keeping Massie and his $9.3M  cap hit.

Mustipher played well you're right.  The alternative is to leave Mustipher at C and put Daniels at RT and have Bars as a back up, hence why I put Daniels at both C and RG positions in my depth chart example.

If Ifedi takes the minimum again I'd have him back as a swing guy. LG Daniels. C Must. RG Whitehair.  The OTs aren't on the roster right now. 

1 minute ago, Damikeeeee said:

If Ifedi takes the minimum again I'd have him back as a swing guy. LG Daniels. C Must. RG Whitehair.  The OTs aren't on the roster right now. 

Ya which is why I said they should try and sign a legit LT in Trent Williams or Russell Okung if those guys hit FA and then draft an OT in the first 3 rounds.

Did you even read my original post man lol??? 🤔

16 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Lord. Let's hope so. At least something sane comes from this off-season...

tumblr_me9w63pX251rxmai6o1_500.gif

My only objection is that he appears to be injury prone. In spite of what we've read here, the kid DOES have a rocket arm. If tasked with sticking with Mitch, or taking a look at Darnold, I'd be all in on Darnold. Provided there was a backup plan. 

Darnold does not have a rocket arm, he has an ok arm, barely better than league avg at 58 mph.  In college he threw w/ anticipation, which worked.  He has no ability to throw w/anticipation in the nfl, which is why hes bad. Darnold is a hard no.

2 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Darnold does not have a rocket arm, he has an ok arm, barely better than league avg at 58 mph.  In college he threw w/ anticipation, which worked.  He has no ability to throw w/anticipation in the nfl, which is why hes bad. Darnold is a hard no.

How do you lose ability to throw with anticipation ...just curious?

Here's a thought..maybe just maybe the supporting cast and scheme he was asked to play with the past 3 years are just not good by NFL standards?

4 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

How do you lose ability to throw with anticipation ...just curious?

Here's a thought..maybe just maybe the supporting cast and scheme he was asked to play with the past 3 years are just not good by NFL standards?

The supporting cast and scheme looked much better w/Joe Flacco at the helm.  Not world beaters no, but still better.  It's not so much losing the ability to throw w/ anticipation, it's the inability to do it at NFL speed.  Leads to tons of late throws and lots of interceptions.  This is the same thing w/ Mitch, go back and watch the NC tape.  He throws guys open regularly.  He knows where to put the football and everything is on the money.  One of the most impressive accuracy tapes you will see at all levels.  In the NFL he thinks to much.  There are times where he just reacts and everything looks great, but the mental part of the game just never became instinct for him.  Now he has to see it open before he let's it go.  Hes aiming the ball instead of ripping it.  You see the same things when you watch Darnold, only hes a terrible decision maker on top of it so it's worse.  Darnold is a guy who is never going to throw 30 TDs and never have even a 2:1 INT ratio.  Hes bad.  The value hes been given in this thread is ridiculous, you'd be lucky to get a 3rd for him right now.  This talk of first or 2nd plus, or hell the Arob deal.  My goodness if you are going to trade Arob for Darnold you better get #2+ Darnold, + a 3rd.  And I have no idea why if people think Mitch is bad, they would ever want Darnold, who has never looked better than Mitch.  It's a grass greener situation I imagine.  Personally I think they should do what I have said all along.  OT in the first, QB in the 2nd if you have one you like. The only 1st QBs are Lawrence, Fields, Wilson, and maybe Lance.  This talk about Mac Jones and Trask is just stupid.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Ya which is why I said they should try and sign a legit LT in Trent Williams or Russell Okung if those guys hit FA and then draft an OT in the first 3 rounds.

Did you even read my original post man lol??? 🤔

Ya. You said what everyone says. Sign the best FA and spend an early pick. Cool. What I was commenting on is why you have players playing positions they're not good at and benching our one new bright spot. 

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Guys, George is going on the Score this afternoon.

My God this is going to be a trainwreck. Someone in Bears PR has to stop this.

Why stop it.  He needs to be asked more tough questions and understand that people aren't happy with the way they run their team.

The more pressure and scrutiny they get the more likely that real and significant changes will happen eventually.

19 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

He's probably going to say "we hear you! We want to win! Trust me we have a plan" 40 times to spin this. For me it won't work

No, they do not actually care what fans think. Parkins did a great segment about how they think Bears fans are dumb yesterday.

I just hope he continues to embarrass himself and the family becomes the trust fund villains they really are.

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

No, they do not actually care what fans think. Parkins did a great segment about how they think Bears fans are dumb yesterday.

I just hope he continues to embarrass himself and the family becomes the trust fund villains they really are.

George is going on ESPN in 7 minutes