League source: Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy will be back in 2021

JAF-N72EX

5 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Find a QB, that is all, good to know.

We just retained a GM that is a complete cluster F when it comes to QB.

That is illogical.

So because he has drafted 1 guy...traded for 1 & sign 1 in your 6 years that is an cluster? Not for me...I am more than okay with given him another shot to get it right.

Edited by Madmike90
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

I'd honestly argue that point. Find a Mahomes or Rodgers and it becomes very very good, but right now we have two mediocre OTs, no QB, ARob is likely leaving town, so we have Miller (who has an IQ to match his TD count this year) and Mooney as the top two receivers. The defense has a short window left but with a good DC I'm not too concerned about that atm. 

Offensively the team is mediocre after Pace has been here 6 years. I get the frustration.

Your talking about two all time greats...I am just talking about someone who is competent at the position.

2 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

My standards are low at all...I am just realistic that all is not doom and gloom when on the 3 years they have been together while never having excellent QB play they still have not produced a losing season...that might mean nothing to someone like you who has no patience and just wants to moan about the fact we don't win every game but for people who look at the bigger picture it means something...patience pays off in these situations...find a QB and this team becomes very very good.

How many years does Pace get before he wins a playoff game?

Find a QB?

Honestly, in 6 years the QB situation and the offense is worse. 

6 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

So because he has drafted 1 guy...traded for 1 & sign 1 in your 6 years that is an cluster? Not for me...I am more than okay with given him another shot to get it right.

And Pace was talked into Glennon (and I'm still not sure that wasn't just a smoke screen either) and Foles was Nagy's pick. 

Pace has messed up once with the QB position. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX

5 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Yes that is a cluster F.

He is an NFL GM not a kindergarten student, he doesn’t get to just keep failing.

Just now, JAF-N72EX said:

And Pace was talked into Glennon (and I'm still not sure that wasn't just a smoke screen either) and Foles was Nagy's pick. 

Pace has messed once with the QB position. 

18 million dollar smoke screen and he still traded up for a QB.

Never ending excuses.

Really Nagy I am fine with. He has never been given adequate offensive talent to fully judge his work. I think he has done a bad job of adapting to the medicore talent given to him for long stretches.

Pace is an illogical move. You have a guy who has failed repeatedly at the QB position. Ignored the OL. Over invested on defense and put us in a terrible cap position all to build an 8-8 team that scores 3 points in a playoff game.

Now you want the guy who traded up for Mitch over two HOF calibre QBs to fix the QB spot with no cap space and the 20th pick? Good luck.

Edited by WindyCity

Here is a question for Bears fans regarding Pace & Nagy.  Right now, the offense looks mediocre, but what would your offense look like if they had simply picked Mahomes or Watson instead of Trubisky?  Would your offense be a Top 5 unit?  Top 10?  Would there still be a lot of weak spots, or does it just look like it because you have a QB that simply isn't very good?

To me, the Trubisky selection was just catastrophic to the entire franchise.  I'd like to say that you should just get back up on the horse and swing for the fences again in the draft this year by moving up for a good QB prospect.  The problem is that Pace and Nagy blew it so badly the last time it's difficult to put the next 3-4 years of your franchise in their hands again.  It's a difficult situation.