League source: Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy will be back in 2021

JAF-N72EX

11 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

We have never shut down school for snow.

We get 3-4’ over the course of the winter.

Coldest day so far has been -33. But this winter has been mild mostly -5 to -10.

You live in Canada don't you?  If negative temps are mild then I'm good. I'm not moving anywhere further north....screw that. My wife and I have already talked about this and we're both in agreement on that haha.

We get the occasional blizzard and freezing rain here. Inner city schools are usually good to go because they generally do a good job of clearing the streets. But if you live in the outskirts like we do where bus drivers have to travel into areas with very little street lights and ice and snow become hazardous then they will usually have a 2 hour delay to let sun provide light and melt the snow/ice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Wait. They shut schools down for 2 inches of snow?!  The only way they shut schools down here in the Midwest is if there's 2 inches of ice on the roads. 

I2S9.gif

We've had a mild winter and it's still topping off around freezing temps. 

Yeah it was hilarious. I looked out the window of my hotel room and the snow was melting when it hit the pavement. It piled up in the grass but only a few inches. I drove to WalMart to get food and then to work and the roads were perfect. 

I can say I really enjoy the people I've been around here but I get a kick out of it. I'll walk around in shorts and a t-shirt while they're wearing hoodies or jackets. They think I'm nuts, I think they're spoiled from all the warm weather. My wife and kids went back to IL after coming to stay here for a while and she immediately wants to come back to get out of the cold. Lol

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

We have never shut down school for snow.

We get 3-4’ over the course of the winter.

Coldest day so far has been -33. But this winter has been mild mostly -5 to -10.

I grew up in IL we rarely got off for snow, usually it was because country roads were too dangerous to let kids be on, even when we got a big snowstorm in town we were able to get the roads serviceable. 

Nope nope nope. When you cross the 0 degree mark you've entered Hell. I'll hang out with the Louisiana winter-sissies. Mock me as you wish. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

You live in Canada don't you?  If negative temps are mild then I'm good. I'm not moving anywhere further north....screw that. My wife and I have already talked about this and we're both in agreement on that haha.

I'd rather have negative temps than anything over 40. Only bad thing about it is your car possibly not starting, but at least you don't gotta die in the heat.

5 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

Your talking about two all time greats...I am just talking about someone who is competent at the position.

That's what I'm saying it would take for us to be very very good. 

We aren't a competent QB away from that, we have a mediocre OL, with ARob looking like a goner our WR corps is weak, etc. Hell Cohen would legitimately be our 3rd best WR on the team if he shifted over full time. That's... pretty bad. 

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

That's what I'm saying it would take for us to be very very good. 

We aren't a competent QB away from that, we have a mediocre OL, with ARob looking like a goner our WR corps is weak, etc. Hell Cohen would legitimately be our 3rd best WR on the team if he shifted over full time. That's... pretty bad. 

I don't think it would tho...you get good QB play and you give Montgomery even more space to run...you open up more play action...Mooney & Kmet in year two...I like the interior OL a lot with Daniels coming back too...there are positives here especially if you can convince ARob that the QB play will be better.

4 hours ago, Madmike90 said:

I don't think it would tho...you get good QB play and you give Montgomery even more space to run...you open up more play action...Mooney & Kmet in year two...I like the interior OL a lot with Daniels coming back too...there are positives here especially if you can convince ARob that the QB play will be better.

They don't really have to convince ARob of anything. All they need to do is slap him with the franchise tag if they really want him back. Then maybe he'll convince himself that he wants to be here long term and they'll get something done..depending what happens at QB of course.

If things stay status quo with both Mitch and Foles for next year then I can see why he wouldn't want to be here long term.

They really need to acquire a young QB that has some promise starting this offseason..

It'd be ideal if the Broncos hired Champ Kelly as their GM so they could get those extra comp picks and then use them as ammo to move up.

Edited by topwop1

44 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

They don't really have to convince ARob of anything. All they need to do is slap him with the franchise tag if they really want him back. Then maybe he'll convince himself that he wants to be here long term and they'll get something done..depending what happens at QB of course.

If things stay status quo with both Mitch and Foles for next year then I can see why he wouldn't want to be here long term.

They really need to acquire a young QB that has some promise starting this offseason..

It'd be ideal if the Broncos hired Champ Kelly as their GM so they could get those extra comp picks and then use them as ammo to move up.

I am never a huge fan of the tag but if it comes to it yeah tag him then either trade and use the ammo for a QB who convince him to stay and get him a proper QB...

We can't keep Trubisky or everyone is out a job next season...we have to do whatever it takes to get one of the top 5 QBs in the draft...Lawrence & Fields will be gone no doubt...we have to get either Wilson, Lance or Jones...or look to get Wentz who for the right price and with the right protection in my eyes can still be a franchise QB...

Kelly leaving would be a massive plus...as good as he is at his job those extra picks would be well worth it.

14 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Bears announce that George, Ted, Pace and Nagy will speak today

Status quo, gotta love it!

Meh..it's been expected.  We can all either just accept it hoping that things improve or stop supporting them altogether. 

Should be an interesting press conference at least.  Hopefully the beat reporters grill these guys hard and demand better for us fans.

I'm really interested to hear what Pace has to say about QB and ARob.  We should be able to get a few hints at what the approach will be for the offseason.

2 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Meh..it's been expected.  We can all either just accept it hoping that things improve or stop supporting them altogether. 

Should be an interesting press conference at least.  Hopefully the beat reporters grill these guys hard and demand better for us fans.

I'm really interested to hear what Pace has to say about QB and ARob.  We should be able to get a few hints at what the approach will be for the offseason.

I was expecting Pace and Nagy to return, but why is Phillips back? Can't they just let him go and call it retirement? Like truly, why the f*** is he speaking today? Forget grilling them. I want the reporters to ask "why are you talking today, Ted? Break down the schemes for us and what you think went wrong" and watch him stutter and sputter (and of course sweat a lot)

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I was expecting Pace and Nagy to return, but why is Phillips back? Can't they just let him go and call it retirement? Like truly, why the f*** is he speaking today? Forget grilling them. I want the reporters to ask "why are you talking today, Ted? Break down the schemes for us and what you think went wrong" and watch him stutter and sputter (and of course sweat a lot)

I want Phillips gone just as much as anyone but at this point with both Pace & Nagy coming back I guess it doesn't really matter if he stays or if he goes.

If Phillips is still in charge of the new hiring GM process if and when we get to that point in the near future then we can worry about that later.

Though it would be nice for Phillips to come out and say today that he is stepping down though that's wishful thinking.  I think he will be here as long as Pace is.

15 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Could it be a retirement speech? Hopefully. 

Lame duck years are years you often lose a locker room.   Just sayin.

At same time if a bunch of resources are pumped into team at expense of future, returners are motivated and they get breaks they could win 12 games.  Team is not without some high end talent albeit underperforming and some promising young players.     

They could win anywhere from 4 to 12 games next year, but I see no scenario where they are legit competing for a title.   Offense still has to be rebooted in many ways.     

Even when they started this season winning a bunch of games team was playing bad and a bit of national joke.  They kept coming in as underdog week to week.  

I think they forget that core of football hasn’t changed.  O line, D line and fundamentals are important.   Move the chains and have some explosive plays and win games.  Nagy/Pace isn’t great at achieving that.    

They want to win games on the chalk board and can’t figure out why it isn’t happening when theoretically it should.  Well your O can’t block their X.  Your X can’t tackle.   Your O drops the football.   Your O commits stupid penalties.