League source: Ryan Pace and Matt Nagy will be back in 2021

JAF-N72EX

1 minute ago, ET80 said:

Guys, I'm so sorry. As someone dealing with a bunch of nonsense, I know how a decision such as this can be so deflating.

I hope things work out sooner rather than later.

As Bears fans we know disappointment. The press conference today has been insulting to our collective intelligence.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

As Bears fans we know disappointment. The press conference today has been insulting to our collective intelligence.

Oh yeah, the press conferences are the WORST. It's like they assume we're a bunch of 5 y/o kids - they're talking down to us as if their millions/billions make them more intelligent than us on this particular subject. 

I swear. It makes you want to put a hole in the wall.

Found both George & especially Ted very strange during that press conference...Ted not answering the contract question was just flat out stupid after earlier saying contracts hadn't been discussed...flat out makes him look like a liar...was also concerned when George couldn't really answer the question as to why Pace & Nagy are the right guys apart from basically saying they are a package deal...like I have said before I think keeping both on is the right decision because of the improvements in drafting over the past 3 seasons, having a winning combined record over the past 3 years and the leadership I feel both have shown but as a fan when I seem to have more conviction that ownership that is a worry.

Well Pace and Nagy were fine, I didn't expect any more or less from them, but George and Ted...way to insult our intelligence.  

There's no reason that Ted shouldn't have answered when Pace's contract expires.  Why withhold this information?  Just makes them look very bad and like they're trying to hide something.

I was pretty underwhelmed at some of the questions that were asked and answered in today's press conference.  I'm surprised no one asked if there would be a strong push to bring ARob back or if Pace felt that he is an essential part of the team moving forward.

Also, I was surprised no one grilled Nagy further on the play calling and on how that would look moving forward.

In a personal way I can see why George and Ted want to keep Pace and Nagy on, because both seem like really good dudes that can charm you with their words and who sincerely want to win but this is a dangerous way to operate a franchise.

A key thing I took from today's presser is that Mitch most likely won't be back and that Foles will be given an opportunity again next season with a full offseason of practices.  I also got the sense from Pace & Nagy that they will "collaborate" and focus on QB early in the draft considering how they have been able to target specific areas of need in past draft's such as TE & RB and also considering the number of picks he projects them to have while mentioning that they can be creative with that..so expect another trade up folks.

Edited by topwop1

The results are not good enough. They can talk about culture and Darnell Mooney till they are blue in the face, but results matter and they are a mediocre team based on the results.

But to come up there and talk about culture is a joke.

I would love for them to explain to us why they have faith in 2 guys who have failed miserably to build an NFL offense are going to get it figured out in one offseason.

13 minutes ago, Madmike90 said:

Found both George & especially Ted very strange during that press conference...Ted not answering the contract question was just flat out stupid after earlier saying contracts hadn't been discussed...flat out makes him look like a liar...was also concerned when George couldn't really answer the question as to why Pace & Nagy are the right guys apart from basically saying they are a package deal...like I have said before I think keeping both on is the right decision because of the improvements in drafting over the past 3 seasons, having a winning combined record over the past 3 years and the leadership I feel both have shown but as a fan when I seem to have more conviction that ownership that is a worry.

The last 3 drafts in no way shape or form are special, unique or even that good.

2 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

Hands down the best quote from today

"Have we gotten the quarterback situation right? No. Have we won enough games? No. But everything else is there."

Yeah at least everyone shows up to work on time I guess.