Marty Hurney hired as WFT GM

A TRAIN 89

46 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

But that's not moving the goalpost. Let's review the discussion:

• I stated he had a few good years. But dropped off after that and now is the definition of average.
  • You didn't deny that and said that they happened while he was in Carolina.
  • I didn't deny those years were in Carolina. I reiterated my assertion that he had a few good years there but was not very good once he left.
  • You then came back and said "yeah, well he was All-Pro in Carolina" (again him being good in Carolina is not in dispute) in order to use it to explain why Hurney is a good GM.
  • I explained how he could look good in Carolina and not good everywhere else (using the Shanahan analogy) in order to show you that drafting Norman isn't the "win" you think it is.
  • You then inexplicably think I somehow moved the goalposts? When my stance has never changed? 

It really doesn’t matter but that’s not why I think you moved the goal post. But hey I get it, Thai can never be wrong I’ve learned that the last 13 years.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I wish I could bring up the database to my old sports gaming forum because I said exactly that when we hired Shanahan and Allen.

That’s definitely true, most of us did here too. I will say though that the first year of Rivera was more change for the good IMO than I can ever remember in Snyder’s tenure as our owner.

Whether that continues and we keep making progress and take the right steps to a good organization which makes football first that is a perennial playoff team and eventually a Super Bowl contender is to be determined.

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

Seems to be taking awhile to get this all formalized doesn't it ? Maybe, hopefully it means it's not the usual G M structure .

But,, guess that already speaks for itself since the G M usually hires the coach and this is all juxtaposed !

True but every time we get something like this I always say this is about as good as were going to get like when Shanahan was hired as a HC with full control and Bruce Allen was hired to help with contracts and the administration stuff. 

I think I said the same thing when McCloughan was  hired too.

At least Vinny Cerrato isn’t coming back like in 2002 when Spurier was hired or being kept like when Joe Gibbs was hired in 2004.

So, we can have solace that that isn’t happening. 😂 

Edited by turtle28

I read yesterday that Hurney saved Rivera’s job in 2012. 

Former Panthers owner Jerry Richardson wanted to fire Rivera in 2012 after his first two seasons of going 6-10 & then 7-9 but Hurney convinced Richardson to keep Rivera.

Pretty clear these two are connected very well. I hope Hurney comes in and tells those like Kyle Smith that he doesn’t want to change what he does in his job, that he just wants Kyle to do his job well.

My current boss did that with me and I really appreciated it. The boss who hired me to my job in 2007 retired in 2014 and I thought I was going to get promoted to his job as the director of the department in 2014 but they hired someone else who was already working for us too and he just switched departments. It meant a lot what he said. I hope Hurney does that same with Kyle.

Edited by turtle28

7 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

@A TRAIN 89 - you'll need to amend your title some.

M Mayhew will probably keep the same title and now Kyle can be officially let go. No reason for him to still be here. Doing a very good job under RR gets you fired! I guess they weren’t on the same page as RR kept stating that needs to happen. 

Good Luck Kyle in your new position with your next team. 

16 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

M Mayhew will probably keep the same title and now Kyle can be officially let go. No reason for him to still be here. Doing a very good job under RR gets you fired! I guess they weren’t on the same page as RR kept stating that needs to happen. 

Good Luck Kyle in your new position with your next team. 

He'll go to San Fran and get the Job Meyhew just left.

I don't get it its like the if the Chargers where to trade Herbert for Cousins everything you've seen from Herbert is good but you don't know his future like Kyle Smith,Where you've had years of seeing Cousins and him never being elite like Hurney and Mayhew

All I can hope for now is I'm 100% wrong on what the future holds now