Updated: Todd Downing to be named OC.

KingTitan

2 hours ago, -Hope- said:

between receptions and designed run plays, we need to get AJ *at least* 30 more touches next year. at least.

YES!! All these good coordinators are finding ways to get the ball in their playmaker's hands and we're just over here like Oh maybe we'll throw to AJ once per drive 🤦‍♂️

4 hours ago, -Hope- said:

the more i think about it the more i'm interested in getting a power spread guy. having looked at guys like ryan day and tony elliott it's certainly something that vrabel has considered too. i think incorporating more of those elements might lend a little more balance to our offense.

Now I’m curious if there’s another outside the box OC candidate that we’re not thinking about who may incorporate more of a power spread offense.

On 1/16/2021 at 4:50 AM, Titansfan_13 said:

YES!! All these good coordinators are finding ways to get the ball in their playmaker's hands and we're just over here like Oh maybe we'll throw to AJ once per drive 🤦‍♂️

He has 106 targets in 14 games. That's not a small number.

I actually think O'Hara would be my top choice. Keeping continuity for Ryan is the most important thing here IMO. If Ryan gets paired with an OC that isn't a good fit our entire offense is going to sink. Plus I'd like to think a QB coach would help in evolving the offense to not be so reliant on Derrick. We need to be able to give Ryan the reigns and let him win games for us when defenses are selling out to stop Henry. Especially in the big games. I could be completely wrong on this, but I feel like hiring an OL coach as OC would lead to the same "we're going to keep running it right up the middle no matter what the defense is doing, because I know my OL is going to get things going eventually" mindset that has knocked us out of the playoffs two years in a row. We're way too reliant on the run in the big games and somewhat stubborn in switching things up when the run game isn't working. I feel like O'Hara would be the best in house answer to this, because he knows Ryan the best, and he's going to want to sling it around just as much as anybody.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SerenityNow said:

I actually think O'Hara would be my top choice. Keeping continuity for Ryan is the most important thing here IMO. If Ryan gets paired with an OC that isn't a good fit our entire offense is going to sink. Plus I'd like to think a QB coach would help in evolving the offense to not be so reliant on Derrick. We need to be able to give Ryan the reigns and let him win games for us when defenses are selling out to stop Henry. Especially in the big games. I could be completely wrong on this, but I feel like hiring an OL coach as OC would lead to the same "we're going to keep running it right up the middle no matter what the defense is doing, because I know my OL is going to get things going eventually" mindset that has knocked us out of the playoffs two years in a row. We're way too reliant on the run in the big games and somewhat stubborn in switching things up when the run game isn't working. I feel like O'Hara would be the best in house answer to this, because he knows Ryan the best, and he's going to want to sling it around just as much as anybody.

I  do think the relationship with Tanny is important. I'm not saying it has to be continuity. I just think it has to be a good relationship where they work together instead of saying "It's My show"
I need to offense to be more than Henry. 
If he is stopped then our offense just is so trash. 
I'm going to miss Arthur's calmness and belief in the system when calling plays. 
But I want someone that is going to be able to adapt more.
I'd love a game where we throw if 40-times and then next week we run it 40 times. 

Like the old Patriots were.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

I  do think the relationship with Tanny is important. I'm not saying it has to be continuity. I just think it has to be a good relationship where they work together instead of saying "It's My show"
I'm going to miss Arthur's calmness and belief in the system when calling plays. 
I'd love a game where we throw if 40-times and then next week we run it 40 times. 

Yup. Gotta be more game by game, plan specific. I think that takes time and trust though. I think the more Tannehill we see, we could get there. I just hope Tannehill can handle it though. Do you think Tannehill can continue to elevate his play? He had an amazing year. I wonder how much better he can be for us. Time will tell.

On 1/17/2021 at 2:57 PM, KingTitan said:

YES! AJ is a freaking SUPERSTAR. He was 100% hurt all year with a ankle and he still balled out in a run/PA offense. I knew he was hurt when we started throwing screens to Davis and not AJ. Next year AJ needs to ball and needs to be all over the place. End arounds screens wild cat and hes the pitch guy idk he needs to become almost if not JUST as important to this offense as Henry. I mean he had his hand UP like Moss used to in the ravens game and I have no doubt in my mind if Ryan throws it up to him he scores of its a HUGE play. We found a real one and this is his 3rd year so normally WRs start to hit their stride. 

Back to ART. Yes I'm going to miss him but so of the calls he made were just frustrating. The stupid screen that got Lewan ACL tore up... DUMB play. But I'd love to find a guy that can TRULY change up the game plan from week to week like KT said. Idk about throwing it 40 times but I get what hes saying and I agree  

Titans keep a lot of things hidden 

Are you kind of shocked that we don’t hear more names interested in the Titans OC job?

A top offense in the league 

Tannehill Henry and Lewan all locked up 

AJ Brown a top receiver in the whole NFL

Nate Davis young stud Guard

Saffold a great veteran 

Are you guys shocked we don’t have more guys interested in the OC gig here?

Im sure there are guys interested but just shocked we aren’t hearing rumors through the grape vines of guys interested 

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Titans keep a lot of things hidden 

Are you kind of shocked that we don’t hear more names interested in the Titans OC job?

A top offense in the league 

Tannehill Henry and Lewan all locked up 

AJ Brown a top receiver in the whole NFL

Nate Davis young stud Guard

Saffold a great veteran 

Are you guys shocked we don’t have more guys interested in the OC gig here?

Im sure there are guys interested but just shocked we aren’t hearing rumors through the grape vines of guys interested 

Since Jon Robinson took over, the organization has done a pretty good job of keeping most things quiet.

1 minute ago, VY-FTW said:
  • Nothing leaks lmao. Still don't know what was wrong with adorees knee lol

Diana Russini was all over the Tannehill thing for weeks no matter how much I didn’t want to believe her

Like Doug Peterson for instance, he’s willing to sit out a year, why not try and reach out to the Titans where there’s a great foundation of offensive pieces, have a solid year at OC then someone will want him in 22

The trend now is to hire Offensive Coaches so if I were any OC or guy trying to get into an OC gig to then try and make the jump to HC, the Titans are the perfect team since Vrabels a defensive guy