Updated: Todd Downing to be named OC.

KingTitan

I have to think that the only reason there aren't leaks is that they're waiting to interview the Texans OC who the Texans won't release, or someone from a late run playoff team.  That could include the Packers or Bills, because if it's someone from that team, they wouldn't have had the time to interview them yet.

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone from the Packers or the Bucs be considered, since there are Titans connections to both teams.

And I don't blame them for waiting to interview all potential candidates before deciding, but dang, I wish it wasn't taking so long.

And can we just offer DC to Coombs please?

So he's at least confirmed to be working somewhere other than for the Chargers next year.

Interesting note seeing as Herbert wanted him kept, apparently. So I'd assume the Chargers reached out, so maybe confirms him getting an OC job somewhere? Though not a guarantee the new regime there wanted him kept I guess.

Hamilton is definitely interesting since he was pass-heavy in Indy and is coming from another pass heavy offense. No connection to the Shanahan offense.

I would be happy about it. I still wouldn’t be surprised if we were giving the Packers OL and/or QB coach a look.

Or maybe Bienemy wants to come here and call plays for a year to lock up a HC job lol.

If the Titans do hire Kelly

Amy chance the Titans add Will Fuller to go along with Brown and hopefully Davis?

I have a feeling Fuller still gets a good contract that priced himself out of our range 

Anyone think maybe because of the suspension and Covid maybe there is a chance we could get him on a steal?

50 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

If the Titans do hire Kelly

Amy chance the Titans add Will Fuller to go along with Brown and hopefully Davis?

I have a feeling Fuller still gets a good contract that priced himself out of our range 

Anyone think maybe because of the suspension and Covid maybe there is a chance we could get him on a steal?

I feel pretty confident that the chances of all three are pretty much zero.

We absolutely cannot afford Davis and Fuller.  Not even close.  Nor would it be a wise allocation of resources.

The offense can only get so good.  We were already the highest scoring team in the NFL in the regular season.  You can lose pieces in the offense and still be fine.  Adding someone like Fuller to be our No. 3 WR in a run-based offense is a huge waste of money.

What money we have reeeeeally needs to be spent getting some instant help in the front seven.  Draft picks don't often contribute that much there in their rookie seasons.

5 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I feel pretty confident that the chances of all three are pretty much zero.

We absolutely cannot afford Davis and Fuller.  Not even close.  Nor would it be a wise allocation of resources.

The offense can only get so good.  We were already the highest scoring team in the NFL in the regular season.  You can lose pieces in the offense and still be fine.  Adding someone like Fuller to be our No. 3 WR in a run-based offense is a huge waste of money.

What money we have reeeeeally needs to be spent getting some instant help in the front seven.  Draft picks don't often contribute that much there in their rookie seasons.

Agreed if anything release humphries as a post June 1 cut save 7.5 mill maybe sign Kenny stills as a #3

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

Agreed if anything release humphries as a post June 1 cut save 7.5 mill maybe sign Kenny stills as a #3

I think the release of Humphries is practically a done deal.  Since we were the offense with the third lowest pass percentage, I would think even bringing back Corey Davis is suboptimal.  Let him go, release Hump, use that money to get your TEs in order, and find someone who can catch the ball when AJ Brown is double teamed in the second round of the draft IMO.

Spend everything else on defense.