Updated: Todd Downing to be named OC.

KingTitan

It's almost a forgone conclusion that Arthur Smith will be gone. 

Who do we tap as a replacement? 

Before we went to the Rams and got Lafluer. Rams were hot. They had this great offense. Everyone wanted someone from there. 

Then we went in house. 

Do we go in house again?  

I can't think of an NFL offense that you say, yeah go get someone from there!  Because we are that offense lol 

Will Arthur try to take some people with him? 

I know Mike McDaniel has been earning a lot of praise. His background seem to suggest he would fit on a run-first team too and the experience under Shanahan shouldn't hurt. And as far as continuing the trend started with LaFleur of going after a hot assistant, turning him into a hot offensive coordinator and then watch him secure a HC gig goes, he'd be a great candidate.

I won't be surprised at all if Arthur doesn't get hired.  What he did for our offense this year was fantastic but that is largely unrelated to his ability to run an entire organization.  Could he have those skills?  Sure, but the fact he got the most out of our offense doesn't prove that.  Second, I read he interviewed with someone the night of our loss to Baltimore.  That is absurd.  Unless he wasn't spending his time prepping for the Ravens (which I find impossible to believe), he had no time to prep for that interview.  You're supposed to go in with evaluations of the players, ideas for what direction you would take the offense and defense, who you'd re-sign and let walk, who to pursue in FA... he had no time to pull any of that together in any meaningful way.  Which leads me to believe he is not going to impress many teams.

Agree with Md... I'm much more curious who to pursue as a DC for next year.  We need a better vision there.

10 minutes ago, titanrick said:

I won't be surprised at all if Arthur doesn't get hired.  What he did for our offense this year was fantastic but that is largely unrelated to his ability to run an entire organization.  Could he have those skills?  Sure, but the fact he got the most out of our offense doesn't prove that.  Second, I read he interviewed with someone the night of our loss to Baltimore.  That is absurd.  Unless he wasn't spending his time prepping for the Ravens (which I find impossible to believe), he had no time to prep for that interview.  You're supposed to go in with evaluations of the players, ideas for what direction you would take the offense and defense, who you'd re-sign and let walk, who to pursue in FA... he had no time to pull any of that together in any meaningful way.  Which leads me to believe he is not going to impress many teams.

Agree with Md... I'm much more curious who to pursue as a DC for next year.  We need a better vision there.

To me it seemed like he put more time into his HC interviews then he did our offensive game plan. We made adjustments. It’s so many things that we normally do that didn’t happen against the ravens like bootlegs, outside run plays, even an occasional zone read. I would have even like to have seen some plays to Evans outside of the one play he got. I think Art was more focused on his interviews then the game sad to say.

2 hours ago, titanrick said:

Arthur is going to be gone. I can't see him back. 
And I get a sinking feeling that Bowen will still be DC. Maybe staff changes under him or make him the DC without the OLB responsibilities. 

45 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Could be the guy if we stay in house.

i wouldn't hate it, but i'd be nervous handing it over to a guy with absolutely no passing game experience. arthur smith had a much more balanced background, having coached tight ends and also having been a defensive assistant early in his career. carter has been an OL coach/run game coordinator for his entire career. i'd be nervous about him in terms of being to move toward a more balanced offensive approach.

I think it will be one of these names (As of now).

Outside team:

Pep Hamilton, Chargers quarterbacks coach
Mike McDaniel Run game coordinator
Luke Getsy Passing Game Coordinator — Packers

Inside:
Tony Dews- RB Coach
Todd Downing- TE Coach
Keith Carter- OL Coach

16 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I think it will be one of these names (As of now).

Outside team:

Pep Hamilton, Chargers quarterbacks coach
Mike McDaniel Run game coordinator
Luke Getsy Passing Game Coordinator — Packers

Inside:
Tony Dews- RB Coach
Todd Downing- TE Coach
Keith Carter- OL Coach

I don’t see it. It’s either gone be in house or a coach from the Shanahan tree, I doubt the titans want the players learning a new system vrabel is big on continuity