Updated: Todd Downing to be named OC.

KingTitan

6 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Diana Russini was all over the Tannehill thing for weeks no matter how much I didn’t want to believe her

Like Doug Peterson for instance, he’s willing to sit out a year, why not try and reach out to the Titans where there’s a great foundation of offensive pieces, have a solid year at OC then someone will want him in 22

The trend now is to hire Offensive Coaches so if I were any OC or guy trying to get into an OC gig to then try and make the jump to HC, the Titans are the perfect team since Vrabels a defensive guy 

You are correct about the RT thing. But not much gets out

And right? If you're a oc and wants a hc job.. This is the place lol

2 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Diana Russini was all over the Tannehill thing for weeks no matter how much I didn’t want to believe her

Like Doug Peterson for instance, he’s willing to sit out a year, why not try and reach out to the Titans where there’s a great foundation of offensive pieces, have a solid year at OC then someone will want him in 22

The trend now is to hire Offensive Coaches so if I were any OC or guy trying to get into an OC gig to then try and make the jump to HC, the Titans are the perfect team since Vrabels a defensive guy 

Yeah was to a degree. She was saying it was an open competition and that Tanny was going be week 1 starter, if I'm not mistaken. So she was wrong there. But she was right in saying he looked better in camp most likely. 

But ego is big for some guys. And truthfully why do it when you got a full paycheck coming to you. Take a mental break then come back ready for the next  year. Redo your playbook maybe. Go to the mountain and see whats poppin come down a ready. 

Vrabel will never come out and tell us but I’m just dying to know what path he’s going to take when it comes to OC

If he hires within or hires a college guy or Pederson and it goes well, that person will be a HC in 1 2 or 3 years

If he goes the Hugh Jackson route or Jay Gruden then there’s a chance they are here for a while because it just doesnt seem like teams are really interested in hiring them as HC’s anytime soon

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Vrabel will never come out and tell us but I’m just dying to know what path he’s going to take when it comes to OC

If he hires within or hires a college guy or Pederson and it goes well, that person will be a HC in 1 2 or 3 years

If he goes the Hugh Jackson route or Jay Gruden then there’s a chance they are here for a while because it just doesnt seem like teams are really interested in hiring them as HC’s anytime soon

I think if we hire from within it almost has to be Tony Dews or Pat O'Hara.  Keith Carter maybe, but OL coach to OC seems less of a natural progression than RB or QB.  O'Hara has a lot of HC experience in arena league, so my money is on him if we hire from within.  But what Dews has done with Henry (and McNichols, and Foreman, and seemingly Evans) is pretty great, and it seems like he's due for a promotion.

Just now, ttitansfan4life said:

None of the guys internally are really OC material but the one I haven’t seen mentioned that honestly should be the only one mentioned is Todd Downing. He’s the only one with OC experience. That’s not saying much as he wasn't very good but still he has the experience.

Ya I’m not a fan of in house hires on either coordinator position we have, I’d rather look outside the organization this time time around 

1 minute ago, ttitansfan4life said:

None of the guys internally are really OC material but the one I haven’t seen mentioned that honestly should be the only one mentioned is Todd Downing. He’s the only one with OC experience. That’s not saying much as he wasn't very good but still he has the experience.

Yeah I've seen Todd mentioned. He wasn't anything to write home bout in Oakland so he isn't going to be exciting. But neither was Arthur and I'd imagine nobody that excites will be mentioned or named.
It will be an second-hand man to a guy  or in house guy most likely. Long shot a new college coach. 
I predict all will be met with lukewarm reception. 

11 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

And there’s the coordinator to lure out of retirement.

Bingo

would be a home run

edit - read this all too fast. in any case, would love Kubs to be our OC for the next ten years. But he should retire...guy has had health issues

Edited by deeluxx3

3 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

why, so he can pull a dean pees on us and retire again in a year? if he wasn't retiring i'd be very interested but as it stands i'll pass.

Get two years out of him to evaluate inside possibilities. Not a real system change and think he could do great things with our personnel.

Given our last two OCs, I’m not banking on any inventive hire being around long-term anyways.