Updated: Todd Downing to be named OC.

KingTitan

3 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Get two years out of him to evaluate inside possibilities. Not a real system change and think he could do great things with our personnel.

Given our last two OCs, I’m not banking on any inventive hire being around long-term anyways.

Yeah, outside of finding someone old enough to not want to be a head coach (and I have no idea who that would be) we're likely to have similar threads to this every few years if we can keep the offense going like it has the past couple years.

And I'm ok with that! 😂

4 minutes ago, ttitansfan4life said:

Eh Colts fans hated him when he was OC.

Hamilton had initial success with the Colts, guiding the Indy offense up from 18th in scoring the season before he arrived to 14th in year one and 6th in year two. However, the wheels fell off in 2015, when Luck began to struggle and the team started 3-5. That led to Hamilton being fired. Indy would close 5-3 to finish with an even 8-8 record, but it wasn’t the offense that led them there. After averaging 21.6 points per game under Pep, the Colts dropped to just 16.6 under his replacement, Rob Chudzinski.

If Dean Pees taught this fan base anything, it should be not to listen to what other fanbases think of their coordinators. Grass is always greener according to fan bases. Hell, I know Alabama fans that wanted Saban forced out because they went a couple years without winning a title.

People have no idea what they're talking about, just like Ravens fans are absolutely clueless when it comes to Pees, and even deny his success when presented with the facts about his tenure.

Dunno how good Pep is or isn't, but not gonna pay any attention to what Colts fans think of him.

• Like 1