Jahns: Markus Wheaton out 4-6 weeks

WindyCity

Returns on this recent free agent class have been terrible so far but the good thing is that none of these deals will set the Bears back for future years to come. Pretty sure they can cut most of these guys next off-season without much cap ramifications.  

What this shows though is how important it really is to draft well and not rely on free agency to fill in most of the voids on your team.  Most of the times these players reach the market for a reason so expectations should be tempered.

Not every FA is going to be a home run like Akiem Hicks, especially when you've been a bottom feeder team like Bears have been the past few years.

1 hour ago, RunningVaccs said:

I honestly can't recall if Wheaton or Wright was the one who was bad or really bad...

What a group!

Wright hasn't been bad.  He's actual been the most reliable Bears WR IMO.  He should be getting way more snaps then he does.

Anyone down for Josh Gordon if and when he gets reinstated?  He's good friends with Wright as the two attended Baylor together.

45 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Wright hasn't been bad.  He's actual been the most reliable Bears WR IMO.  He should be getting way more snaps then he does.

Anyone down for Josh Gordon if and when he gets reinstated?  He's good friends with Wright as the two attended Baylor together.

In a heartbeat.

I would take a serial killer if it made Trubisky's transition a little easier.

Navorro Bowman just got released from the Niners.  If I were Pace I would go after him considering all the injuries they have right now at LB.  Also, the connection only makes sense with Fangio having coached him before.

Archived