Rams vs Packers

RamRod

Feel for the defense. Played great all year but played their worst game of the season. They simply didn’t show up. Reminded me of the Bills game with no tackling for the first half. Not even the second half defense showed up this time though and has been a guarantee all year. Goff playing really well too.. it’s unfortunate. 

That's the first cogent point I've heard Moose Johnston make all day (re: the timing of these Wildcat plays).  Honestly, this is not the first time to decide to use that look unless you're going to try to throw the opposition defense off with a differed cadence from Akers at QB and just try to draw them offside.

Figures that when I talk crap on it, it finally pays off.  I'd still be using it more as an effort to try to create a busted play and let Akers improvise from there, a la a running QB.  I don't really think that's a designed wrinkle we've seen from an offense, have we?  Everyone always figures to just take the free deep-shot on those type of plays, but a wide screen or a HB sweep could get some pretty solid yardage on a play like that.

Edited by The LBC

12 minutes ago, The LBC said:

You must be trying to ignore things than.  On Aaron Jones' 60-yard run, one of the IOL (either Wagner or Linsley, I think it was Wagner) legitimately hugged (his hands were covering the name-plate) our LB right in the path of Jones.

Yeah anybody trying to say the Packers aren't holding has some green and yellow colored glasses on. 

7 minutes ago, The LBC said:

The dropped INT's are coming back to haunt us so far.  We need to make up for them by actually getting a turnover.

Yes but if the Rams didn't use their final timeout with 50 secs left in the 2nd quarter then Aaron Rodgers wouldn't have had enough time to get the Pack down into FG range. As soon as I saw the Rams call timeout I knew that would bite them in the butt once the Pack got the ball back. Would've score a TD and left Pack with under 20 seconds and go into halftime.