Andrew Whitworth intends to return for 2021 season

RamRod

I think we all figured he wanted to, all came down to if he could. He looked solid, not the same, last week. Hopefully he looks even better this week. 

I wonder how flexible he still is when it comes to his ability to play Guard? He looks leaner the past few years in the lower body to stay agile enough at LT, could he still hold up on the inside?

1 hour ago, holt_bruce81 said:

It's time to draft that LT this year right? I mean wheres our confidence at with Noteboom post 2021? 

I'd trade Noteboom. He showed the ability to hold up as a pass blocker as a LT, but we're going to have to make a commitment to him after 2021 if we want to keep him. If Whitworth is back next year, I don't like the idea of having to commit to Noteboom with limited starts. I'd rather just draft a LT of the future and flip Noteboom to a team that needs a LT.

18 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'd trade Noteboom. He showed the ability to hold up as a pass blocker as a LT, but we're going to have to make a commitment to him after 2021 if we want to keep him. If Whitworth is back next year, I don't like the idea of having to commit to Noteboom with limited starts. I'd rather just draft a LT of the future and flip Noteboom to a team that needs a LT.

I can't see us getting more than a 4th or a 5th. He's a swing tackle with an injury history and we're essentially admitting we're giving up on him so...yeah. Don't expect a high return.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

I can't see us getting more than a 4th or a 5th. He's a swing tackle with an injury history and we're essentially admitting we're giving up on him so...yeah. Don't expect a high return.

But the thing is, when we finally have to make a decision on him, we are likely out of playing the Comp Pick game as our Cap situation clears up by then. So a 4/5 this year is more useful than at best (although very unlikely) a 3rd three years from now. 

There are going to be teams looking for cheap Tackles this year, and if the Rams don’t see him as a guy they can trust to be the LT of the future, the get what you can and move on. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

4th or 5th sounds perfectly fine to me.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, BStanRamFan said:

That to me is just fine for a return. He was a late 3rd round pick so to get a 4th or 5th for him a few years later after getting use for him is a good deal. We've taken players teams have given up on for similar returns and they've done very well. Look at Austin Corbett we sent a 5th for him and that's worked out pretty well and that was 2 years after he was the first pick in the 2nd round. We're going to get a 3rd and 4th for player comp picks. We could end up with a 3rd round comp pick if our scouting director gets one of the GM jobs he's interviewed for. We also have the possibility for more if some of our defensive position coaches get coordinator jobs. Add in three 3rd round comps and we can do some magic with Snead this draft cycle.