Madden 18

bucsfan333

Unless I get it for Christmas or something I won't be getting it this year. The story mode is a small step in the right direction but I wouldn't mind a leap. Scrap franchise and start fresh. Put effort and heart into it or the haters will grow in numbers and will eventually one day burn EA down 

I think the story mode is supposed to be very linear. More of a movie than a game.

Its not worth buying the game for, but I'll watch a video of someone else "playing" it.

Honestly, all I want from Madden is for them to re release their old games. Preferably Madden 06.

I enjoyed Madden last year. Some parts were broken sure but it was still fun. If you are playing by yourself, I could see it not being enjoyable. But, we had some great leagues last year and we played from like October till March. All games have their flaws, it's just what you make out of it. Should Madden boost themselves? Yes. Will they? No. Why? Because they don't have to. There is absolutely no competition to drive them. Most people who play the game play it with friends, that's their big selling market.

You kno, the only reason I ever consider getting madden each year is because I have gotten it since 2006. Even got it when I had leukemia lol. But I don't think I will this year. It feels really weird cause it's always been a tradition pretty much despite any hardships or financial issues. This year I could easily afford it but it's time I take a break. I played 17 just this week and I know there won't be significant differences for me so I'll take a year off. Maybe I'll just start buying once every two or three years 

On 7/23/2017 at 0:21 PM, HorizontoZenith said:

To this day I feel like I'm the only one who loved that feature.  It made the most sense.  You can't see the entire field every second, so it makes perfect sense that you should have to look at the receiver you want to throw to.  It made playing safety a hell of a lot of fun, and it was the only realistic QB feature Madden ever had.  I wish they would bring back something where you'd at LEAST have to look to your right, down the middle or to your left before you could throw right/middle/left.  Remove the vision cone, but have the QB actually have to look and have it effect your accuracy if you don't look where you're throwing before you throw it. 

What I would like to see is a feature where you can only see the part of the field you are looking at. Everything else is fuzzy or washed out, and your awareness rating determines how well you can see the parts of the field you aren't looking at. So someone with 99 awareness can see the entire field perfectly clear, but someone with 40 awareness can barely tell where players are.

31 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

What I would like to see is a feature where you can only see the part of the field you are looking at. Everything else is fuzzy or washed out, and your awareness rating determines how well you can see the parts of the field you aren't looking at. So someone with 99 awareness can see the entire field perfectly clear, but someone with 40 awareness can barely tell where players are.

That would be perfect, but more than that, I want bad quarterbacks to be bad against good secondaries in franchise mode.  The reason I HATED Madden 16 is because even on rookie settings, quarterbacks with an overall of 80 would have sometimes 80% completions and 300 yards against great secondaries. 

19 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/madden-18-rookie-ratings-mccaffrey-peppers-howard-fournette/wbdrdo7hnlle19jcyibw6gp0o

Rookie overalls. 

Myles Garrett and OJ Howard lead them all at 82. Hasaan Reddick, Jonathan Allen, and Charles Harris are the lowest at 73.

How the heck is Johnathan Allen the lowest rated rookie first rounder?  I mean give me a break.  

8 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

I thought he and Foster were too low, myself. Not that overalls really matter.

Depends on if they made changes to how stats affect on the field mechanics. 

Just played the craziest game. I was down 21-3 early against the Titans. They had a pick six after Murray marched them down the field for a TD. But I came back and won 30-27. Kwon and David each had 10 tackles and an INT a piece. Kwon had a key sack on third down in the second half and David forced a fumble inside my 20 when it was 27-27. I threw the ball 52 times, which is the most I've thrown in a game in years. It was awesome.

Any word on if there is any kind of expansion mode or create a team mode finally coming back. I miss the days of PS2 when I could create the Hornby Red Devils and start out with a terrible team. I loved building my own team from scratch 

Archived