Madden 18

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, MookieMonster said:

Eh, I totally disagree. One of the better Maddens in quite a while and actually made some significant changes. Bad OLs are actually really bad, great OLs are actually really good. Running the ball is actually possible and teams have to worry about it. You can't just hit the seam route every play, you can't just toss it up deep and hit spectacular catch and come down with it 80% of the time.

This I do agree with.  

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

Nope. Most seem to have at least one bonus, but not a ton with two. It is easier to get coins immediately than in years past though.

Definitely. MUT looks exciting this year.

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

This I do agree with.  

I haven't noticed much of a difference in that category so far. I spent a few hours in free practice just practicing running plays. It's the same stuff as last time, the blockers don't block long enough, they whiff a lot, they're indecisive at the second level. I am playing on All Madden, I might just have to adjust the sliders. One thing All Madden does is turn your blockers into idiots, it happens in pass blocking too. Running isn't too bad though. I did score a few TDs. I would just prefer my plays to not work because of good defense rather than my fullback running past a defender to try to block another one 15 yards further up the field.

30 minutes ago, NS922 said:

I haven't noticed much of a difference in that category so far. I spent a few hours in free practice just practicing running plays. It's the same stuff as last time, the blockers don't block long enough, they whiff a lot, they're indecisive at the second level. I am playing on All Madden, I might just have to adjust the sliders. One thing All Madden does is turn your blockers into idiots, it happens in pass blocking too. Running isn't too bad though. I did score a few TDs. I would just prefer my plays to not work because of good defense rather than my fullback running past a defender to try to block another one 15 yards further up the field.

I play on All Madden too.  What team were you using?  The Redskins have a pretty decent run blocking Oline.  

10 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Sounds like very little has improved. I'll just wait to buy it from a 3rd party store. EA isn't getting my money?

If you're one of those people who buys Madden every year, then maybe. But I think this game is better than 15, the last one I had. There's still so much more they should do with it, but I'm having fun. Maybe if all the Madden players that are upset with the slow "progression" boycotted it and dropped their sales, they'll finally have a reason to make real efforts to improve it. Good luck with that. ;) I would join it if I knew it would work.

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I play on All Madden too.  What team were you using?  The Redskins have a pretty decent run blocking Oline.  

Saints. Their line isn't too bad. It's not one of the best but it should be able to get the job done. It often does, I'm not knocking it too much. They just look a lot worse at times than they should be.

I've been looking online at other players' sliders. They have the User sliders lowered. Is that better? Is that supposed to make it easier? I thought raising the user sliders made it easier. Idk what masochist would wanna make All Madden harder.

edit: I think I had it right, raising the user sliders and lowering cpu sliders makes it easier. These people who lower their user sliders are absolutely insane. What the hell

1 hour ago, NS922 said:

I've been looking online at other players' sliders. They have the User sliders lowered. Is that better? Is that supposed to make it easier? I thought raising the user sliders made it easier. Idk what masochist would wanna make All Madden harder.

edit: I think I had it right, raising the user sliders and lowering cpu sliders makes it easier. These people who lower their user sliders are absolutely insane. What the hell

It doesn't always make the game harder, the sliders can also make AI act more realistic.

Sliders obviously do change the difficulty, but it's not always up is easier and down is harder. 

22 minutes ago, domepatrol91 said:

It doesn't always make the game harder, the sliders can also make AI act more realistic.

Sliders obviously do change the difficulty, but it's not always up is easier and down is harder. 

Still confusing. What defines "realistic"? I'm sure it has something to do with the AI's ability to suction their way into an opponent and teleport to a ball. So I figure a little bit less for the CPU and a little bit more for the User is better. I had this issue last time around and tried both lowering and raising sliders, but I forgot what worked better. It's mainly just the blocking I'm concerned with. Everything that happens with the skill players so far is fine.

2 hours ago, NS922 said:

Still confusing. What defines "realistic"? I'm sure it has something to do with the AI's ability to suction their way into an opponent and teleport to a ball. So I figure a little bit less for the CPU and a little bit more for the User is better. I had this issue last time around and tried both lowering and raising sliders, but I forgot what worked better. It's mainly just the blocking I'm concerned with. Everything that happens with the skill players so far is fine.

Yeah I read an article on I believe operation sports that explained what the sliders actually do. They adjust how the AI works that in turn changes the difficulty but they don't always work how you'd expect.

I can't be the only one that's finding All Pro to be a lot easier, right? At least against the CPU.

also just missed out on a 1k coin bonus for returning a punt for a TD cause the game considered it a muff (fumble return TD not punt TD) even though it looked like a totally clean catch

So apparently the Cowboys have a better defense than the Texans.... I played my brother online the other night(Cowboys fan).  He was the Cowboys and I was the Titans. Beat him 24-3. I couldn't run the ball at all. OL was nonexistent. Murray and Henry might've had a combined 20 carries for 50 yards. Last night I played him and he was the Texans and I beat him 49-3. Murray had over 200 yards with Murray adding another 100. I threw a grand total of 15 passes. Good job madden.

Archived