Madden 18

bucsfan333

1 minute ago, steelcurtain29 said:

Are you training players weekly?

Are you sure that Auto-Progression is OFF?

Have you upgraded XP in-game for your players and for position for training?

Lastly, You can fix sliders to earn more XP per game.

Ya I know you can adjust the sliders.  

I had it set to weekly.  

Auto progression is not something I thought of.  I didn't manually turn it on but if it's defaulted that way I didn't turn it off either.  I'll need to check that next time.

4 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Go pop in Madden 13, then pop in Madden 18. If you don't see a GLARING difference in graphics and gameplay, I'll paypal you $100.

Ok.  I already said the graphics were noticeably better and gameplay was slightly improved.  I said there were no new features.  Not sure exactly what you're looking for.

Does the game feel more 'authentic'? I'm the person who enjoys running the football and churning out 3-4-5 yard gains and not necessarily deep bomb every play. Are there routes or plays that are 'broken', or does it feel like the defender actually reacts to the ball? How is the man / zone coverage?

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Well I generally trade all my vets away and redraft a whole new team.  I'm telling you I don't get crap for xp when I sim.  Last franchise I did my top earner for the season made 1,500 xp total.

I would imagine you're doing something wrong. Or your team just sucks something awful and isn't earning any XP. I've never had a problem progressing guys. This year or last.

2 hours ago, RuskieTitan said:

Does the game feel more 'authentic'? I'm the person who enjoys running the football and churning out 3-4-5 yard gains and not necessarily deep bomb every play. Are there routes or plays that are 'broken', or does it feel like the defender actually reacts to the ball? How is the man / zone coverage?

First part, yes. Deep balls don't work well against CPU. They do against Players if you're not smart. 

Slants are hard to stop at times. 01 Trap can be sketchy running.

Man / zone are sporadic. Zone Blitz works so well for me online. 

9 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Are you simming full seasons?

That's because you have to get gold in all of the drills first then do the simming. When you sim it awards xp in the drills for whatever the highest medal achieved is, so if you never play them your guys are only getting bronze every week for training which is only like 75 exp, gold bumps that up to like 300 a week and up to 600 a week for a player with the superstar dev trait, then you also increase it buy getting the position training bonuses as a HC. 

Also, sim week to week...do not sim an entire season at once because of scouting, when you don't use your scouting points every week you lose half of those points when you sim. Do the training, scouting, and any player re-signings you need to take care of then sim the game, next week...repeat the process. NEVER sim a full season at once you simply lose way too much with the loss in scouting points. 

Archived