Madden 18

bucsfan333

Just Pre Ordered. Don't care how bad I think Madden is, I have to have an NFL game. I just wish franchise mode wasn't so bad. How hard is it to let us edit draft classes, create a fictional league with all custom teams, add expansion teams, and maybe a weekly sports wrap up show like ESPN 2K had? It's been over 10 years we've been asking for these things. 

But ill do my best to enjoy the game. First thing ill do is start a Franchise with Oakland. 

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Just Pre Ordered. Don't care how bad I think Madden is, I have to have an NFL game. I just wish franchise mode wasn't so bad. How hard is it to let us edit draft classes, create a fictional league with all custom teams, add expansion teams, and maybe a weekly sports wrap up show like ESPN 2K had? It's been over 10 years we've been asking for these things. 

But ill do my best to enjoy the game. First thing ill do is start a Franchise with Oakland. 

The expansion is what I am dying for. We won't have it until serious talks of an NFL expansion happen. 

Honestly I don't want the edit draft class feature... I would just cheat lol. What I want is a more balanced progression system. It is way too hard for DBs to progress. The only way you get a stud corner is doubling the XP they get and leading the lead in picks, winning DB of the year etc. 

Also fix the way training is done. It's a pain in the butt. Having focus players was a step in the right direction. Allow sim franchisers to allocate training to players and don't make us check it off every week. Just do it.

Just now, JBURGE25 said:

Also fix the way training is done. It's a pain in the butt. Having focus players was a step in the right direction. Allow sim franchisers to allocate training to players and don't make us check it off every week. Just do it.

They had that in 2017.  It was one of the best unsung Franchise mode additions. 

Just now, HorizontoZenith said:

They had that in 2017.  It was one of the best unsung Franchise mode additions. 

I said it was a step in the right direction. You still had to go in to training and choose what drill to do, sim it, and wait for it to sim/load. It was annoying to do every single week. Same with scouting. Let us scout quarterly if we want. Taking half the points away is annoying. I know it works well for leagues with multiple people, or if you're playing every game. But in leagues where you're just simming games, it becomes so tedious

16 hours ago, JBURGE25 said:

I said it was a step in the right direction. You still had to go in to training and choose what drill to do, sim it, and wait for it to sim/load. It was annoying to do every single week. Same with scouting. Let us scout quarterly if we want. Taking half the points away is annoying. I know it works well for leagues with multiple people, or if you're playing every game. But in leagues where you're just simming games, it becomes so tedious

Player development is frustrating.

Drafting is really hard and the later rounds are super useless. Also I hate it when a RB is rated top 5, but they have awesome carry, awareness, pass blocking, vision and their speed is like 78. 

Also player regression doesn't happen enough, guys can be super good until very late in their careers. 

Free agency is a joke also, franchise mode was better on PS2. 

4 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Player development is frustrating.

Drafting is really hard and the later rounds are super useless. Also I hate it when a RB is rated top 5, but they have awesome carry, awareness, pass blocking, vision and their speed is like 78. 

Also player regression doesn't happen enough, guys can be super good until very late in their careers. 

Free agency is a joke also, franchise mode was better on PS2. 

Yeah... drafting gets a little boring because the guys are just cookie cutter. I don't even bother drafting linemen in the first 2 rounds cause as soon as you see a 4-7 rounder with really high bench reps, they're gonna be really good. You can draft 2 a year and have a farm system of superstar lineman. 

They tried to do the prospects "stories", but half of them are wrong.  I'm not sure I have seen them get the fastest 40 time story right once. I like the ideas of stories and try to use them to pick the top prospects, but they seem to have no bearing on what the player turns out to be. Maybe potential/dev speed needs to be scaled like 2k, where it's a 1-99 scale, and not just 4 different levels. 

Its ridiculous how embarrassingly behind the curve Madden is on some things, especially when it comes to franchise mode.    Seriously, there are issues that exist today that were issues 10 years ago.....and in some cases, things are even worse.   At one point, coaches used to at least SOMEWHAT matter.....but they havent mattered one bit since the PS2 days.    And the draft.....I remember hating the draft back in the PS2 days for the simple fact that every player was rated pretty much exclusively based on where they were drated with no early round busts or late round duds.....then they kind of fixed it.....and now its just a complete joke because of how they do rating and the developmental thing, while a good idea IN THEORY, is executed incredibly poorly.

I am so SOOOOO starved for a football game, but as much as I want one, I cant bring myself to purchase Madden....I just cant.    I hate EA too much      They only care about the money.....and before someone comes at me with something like "THEY"RE ALL AFTER THE MONEY"....well, at least other developers actually put out good games and arent so blatant with how greedy they are.     EA really is the scum of the earth.

And before a Madden fanboy whines about me attacking Madden again.....Im not even attacking Madden as much as I am EA.    I want Madden to be great....but EA will never allow that....at least not to sim franchise guys like myself.   Gotta focus on milking as much money as possible from the mindless drones on MUT.   :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Its ridiculous how embarrassingly behind the curve Madden is on some things, especially when it comes to franchise mode.    Seriously, there are issues that exist today that were issues 10 years ago.....and in some cases, things are even worse.   At one point, coaches used to at least SOMEWHAT matter.....but they havent mattered one bit since the PS2 days.    And the draft.....I remember hating the draft back in the PS2 days for the simple fact that every player was rated pretty much exclusively based on where they were drated with no early round busts or late round duds.....then they kind of fixed it.....and now its just a complete joke because of how they do rating and the developmental thing, while a good idea IN THEORY, is executed incredibly poorly.

I am so SOOOOO starved for a football game, but as much as I want one, I cant bring myself to purchase Madden....I just cant.    I hate EA too much      They only care about the money.....and before someone comes at me with something like "THEY"RE ALL AFTER THE MONEY"....well, at least other developers actually put out good games and arent so blatant with how greedy they are.     EA really is the scum of the earth.

And before a Madden fanboy whines about me attacking Madden again.....Im not even attacking Madden as much as I am EA.    I want Madden to be great....but EA will never allow that....at least not to sim franchise guys like myself.   Gotta focus on milking as much money as possible from the mindless drones on MUT.   :ph34r:

Attack the NFL too, because they are a big part of the problem. When the last exclusive license was set to expire, the NFL wanted it to remain more than EA did. EA reupped because Madden is an institution, they weren't about to just let it die. Also, that exclusivity deal prevents EA from doing some things that were in past  editions and that fans have been begging for, such as expansion teams, custom uniforms, etc.

Please do not construe this as me defending EA or the product they have been putting out, because I'm not. Nearly everything EA touches anymore is garbage. That's the big reason I'm not excited at all about the future Bioware game, Anthem, no matter how good it looks; EA has it's mitts all over it. 

It just gets old when people bash EA over and over again and let the NFL slide when they are quite possibly just as big a culprit in a once great franchise's slip into the trash can.

22 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

Attack the NFL too, because they are a big part of the problem. When the last exclusive license was set to expire, the NFL wanted it to remain more than EA did. EA reupped because Madden is an institution, they weren't about to just let it die. Also, that exclusivity deal prevents EA from doing some things that were in past  editions and that fans have been begging for, such as expansion teams, custom uniforms, etc.

Please do not construe this as me defending EA or the product they have been putting out, because I'm not. Nearly everything EA touches anymore is garbage. That's the big reason I'm not excited at all about the future Bioware game, Anthem, no matter how good it looks; EA has it's mitts all over it. 

It just gets old when people bash EA over and over again and let the NFL slide when they are quite possibly just as big a culprit in a once great franchise's slip into the trash can.

I 110% agree with you that the NFL deserves its share of blame for the EXCLUSIVE LICENSE, and have said the same thing numerous times.

However, your defense of EA is off base IMO since this goes beyond just Madden and EA Tiberon.     

Think about it....how many truly great games does EA put out?    

Now....how many of their games are blatant cash grabs or games meant to milk customers of money?

Hint.....the latter list will have far far far more games on it.

Bottom line....yes, the NFL is at fault for the exclusive license, but EA is the one taking blatant advantage.   The NFL isnt the one making the game....they are just the ones helping to prevent competition.  

16 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I 110% agree with you that the NFL deserves its share of blame for the EXCLUSIVE LICENSE, and have said the same thing numerous times.

However, your defense of EA is off base IMO since this goes beyond just Madden and EA Tiberon.     

Think about it....how many truly great games does EA put out?    

Now....how many of their games are blatant cash grabs or games meant to milk customers of money?

Hint.....the latter list will have far far far more games on it.

Bottom line....yes, the NFL is at fault for the exclusive license, but EA is the one taking blatant advantage.   The NFL isnt the one making the game....they are just the ones helping to prevent competition.  

I didn't defend EA at all so idk why my "defense of EA is off base." 

7 hours ago, cp0k2 said:

I didn't defend EA at all so idk why my "defense of EA is off base." 

Sorry man...wrong way to word that.    

I was speaking of what you said about getting old seeing people bash EA and not the NFL.    I didnt mean to say you were defending EA, but moreso deflecting some blame off them.   Again, even if the NFL is not helping the situation, the blame for the game being the way it is ultimately falls on EA.   Even with an exclusive license, the game COULD still be very good...but thats not the case, because EA chooses to take advantage of their position.

You know who deserves more blame than the NFL?   The people who buy the game.   Not calling them out or speaking ill of them, because many people actually enjoy the game.....but in reality, they are the reason the game will never be great.....because as long as people are buying an average at best product, EA knows they have no reason to make the game great.

Both the NFL and the consumers share blame....but again, its ultimately EA taking advantage of the situation.

19 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

You know who deserves more blame than the NFL?   The people who buy the game.   Not calling them out or speaking ill of them, because many people actually enjoy the game.....but in reality, they are the reason the game will never be great.....because as long as people are buying an average at best product, EA knows they have no reason to make the game great.

Kinda like you trying to justify buying it when it was on sale a few weeks back?  ;)

3 hours ago, HorizontoZenith said:

Kinda like you trying to justify buying it when it was on sale a few weeks back?  ;)

I was going to buy Madden for like $12 for the first time in 6 years....not even close to buying it every year for $60 (not including the tons of money many sink into MUT).

And I couldnt even bring myself to spend that much on it.   

Archived