Madden 18

bucsfan333

I've always felt that people overstate how important spending money in MUT is. I started in November and playing off and on for a few months built a 99 team without spending anything and mainly just doing solos.

If you want a truly elite team, you're probably going to spend money, but you can compete with the vast majority of players without buying packs.

Though if you're not interested in playing solos and building a team, obviously the mode is useless to you.

I simmed the first season of my Bills franchise since I wanted to move them. Went with Brooklyn Bulls for the hell of it. 

I went 5-11 and picked 4th overall. We were 4-6 at one point, but Taylor got hurt and Peterman sucked. 

I reached for a FS (ranked mid-1st) because I liked what I scouted and his combine numbers were excellent... He was an 80 with SUPERSTAR development! Score!

Then with the 7th pick (Thanks Chiefs! [Mahomes trade]) I reached on a 3-4 ILB. Great physical tools; 79 and SUPERSTAR! Moved him to OLB since his coverage skills were actually great.

Moved up to 30 since I wanted this one RB. Physical tools weren't great but his skills I scouted were all A-. 80 OVR RB - SUPERSTAR again!

The rest of the draft? Not so good xD Although I found a really nice SS in the 5th round with QUICK development. Physical tools are great, but suspect elsewhere. 

Glad I grabbed the RB. McCoy got hurt on the first damn drive of the season after getting 6 touches....

49 minutes ago, steelcurtain29 said:

I simmed the first season of my Bills franchise since I wanted to move them. Went with Brooklyn Bulls for the hell of it. 

I went 5-11 and picked 4th overall. We were 4-6 at one point, but Taylor got hurt and Peterman sucked. 

I reached for a FS (ranked mid-1st) because I liked what I scouted and his combine numbers were excellent... He was an 80 with SUPERSTAR development! Score!

Then with the 7th pick (Thanks Chiefs! [Mahomes trade]) I reached on a 3-4 ILB. Great physical tools; 79 and SUPERSTAR! Moved him to OLB since his coverage skills were actually great.

Moved up to 30 since I wanted this one RB. Physical tools weren't great but his skills I scouted were all A-. 80 OVR RB - SUPERSTAR again!

The rest of the draft? Not so good xD Although I found a really nice SS in the 5th round with QUICK development. Physical tools are great, but suspect elsewhere. 

Glad I grabbed the RB. McCoy got hurt on the first damn drive of the season after getting 6 touches....

You're dead to me. Move the Jags, no one cares about them. 

So, I had a few bucks to spare (because why not?) because of these packs they put out for levels for MUT. Decided what the hell, why not.

Each pack you're guaranteed an elite. Each pack? I pulled an elite on top of the one you're already given. I'm off to one great start for MUT. I still have tons to do before I even play H2H

I started playing MUT last year to get Legendary status. People that got Legendary status received a free copy of Madden 17. However, this year they didn't do that. Figures haha. But, I got to Legendary status from just playing the solos and challenges. Very very rarely did I play people cause I didn't like the cheap players. I never spent extra money in MUT. I eventually built a good team. I did a lot of selling and buying which certainly helps. Also, I collected a lot of coins before ever buying a pack. That really helps, especially when first starting out.

1 hour ago, biggio7 said:

I started playing MUT last year to get Legendary status. People that got Legendary status received a free copy of Madden 17. However, this year they didn't do that. Figures haha. But, I got to Legendary status from just playing the solos and challenges. Very very rarely did I play people cause I didn't like the cheap players. I never spent extra money in MUT. I eventually built a good team. I did a lot of selling and buying which certainly helps. Also, I collected a lot of coins before ever buying a pack. That really helps, especially when first starting out.

You have to buy madden 17 to play mut and get legendary status and your prize is madden 17, which you already own? I'm confused. 

15 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I've always felt that people overstate how important spending money in MUT is. I started in November and playing off and on for a few months built a 99 team without spending anything and mainly just doing solos.

If you want a truly elite team, you're probably going to spend money, but you can compete with the vast majority of players without buying packs.

Though if you're not interested in playing solos and building a team, obviously the mode is useless to you.

It used to be the case though that to compete and build a good team you had to spend money. They have made MUT much easier to enjoy and be successful in with only the cost of the game itself. Coins come much easier then they used to.

12 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

It used to be the case though that to compete and build a good team you had to spend money. They have made MUT much easier to enjoy and be successful in with only the cost of the game itself. Coins come much easier then they used to.

Are you guys buying the GOAT edition or just normal.

52 minutes ago, bigjohnson2009 said:

Are you guys buying the GOAT edition or just normal.

GOAT Edition. But I gameshare with my brother. I received the bonuses and he did not. His team is already a 71 ovr and he has almost 100k coins. The GOAT Edition gives you a push start but it's still very doable in the standard edition.

14 minutes ago, Tyty said:

I wish MUT was a standalone thing so madden could get back to its roots. Idgaf about MUT

I am enjoying MUT but I agree. The lack of CFM updates is tragic. They have to notice the feedback at some point.. or they have already and just dont care, cuz ya know, EA.

14 minutes ago, packerrfan74 said:

They have to notice the feedback at some point.. or they have already and just dont care, cuz ya know, EA.

Surely they've notice it but the reality of it is that they're going to continue to support the mode that brings them in money consistently throughout the cycle of the game - MUT isn't going anywhere and it will continue to be the focal point of future Madden releases. 

How has MUT changed over the years? What do you do and what's the point? I've never really played it. Tried it last year but all it had me do was play several games against the CPU on rookie and it was boring as hell 

Archived