Moretti's Playoff Push Mock

moretti19

• Packers will roll through the NFC and face Mahomes and the Chiefs. I think the Packers will be able to establish the run and control the clock against the Chiefs. We win a nail biter 28-24.

Resign:

LT David Bakhtari

ebgbsydvs6ejv3oxxupr

Jamaal Williams:

USATSI_13965930.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

Kevin King: 1 Year 8.5 mil

I think King will take a 1 year deal in order to hit the market when the salary cap is increased.

1190029361.jpg.0.jpg

Not Resigned:

Corey Linsley: The O-Line hasnt seemed to miss a beat with him out. 

Tyler Ervin: I appreciate Swervin but he is someone that should be replaceable in the draft.

Aaron Jones: Get your money Aaron, hate to see you go but will always be a fan.

Will Redmond:

Montravious Adams: I thought he was going to be a stud.

Mercedes Lewis: Unless we can turn you into a backup LT.

Lane Taylor - Have young guys ready to replace him.

Cut:

Christian Kirksley: He has looked decent but with our promising young linebackers we are willing to eat the cost of cutting Kirksley.

Dean Lowry: He's capable of making a sack when unblocked. I think Keke has played well and earned the spot.

NFL Draft: we receive a 4th for Martinex, 5th for Bulaga, 5th for Fackrell

Round 1:

SouthCarolina_logo.gif Jaycee Horn*, CB, South Carolina
Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
Projected 40 Time: 4.5.
Projected Round (2021): 1-2.
View Ranking History

1/9/21: Horn totaled 16 tackles, two interceptions and six passes defended in 2020 before opting out of the final three games of the season following South Carolina firing head coach Will Muschamp. Unlike just about every other corner in the SEC, Horn had a solid game against Florida and its dynamic receivers. He was awesome against Auburn, shutting down Seth Williams and leading the Gamecocks to an upset win. Over the course of the season, Horn did a nice job of running the route to prevent separation and showed improved ball skills.

Some team sources have Horn graded in the first round of the 2021 NFL Draft, while some others have him in Round 2. Running well in pre-draft workouts could help Horn's draft positioning solidify higher.

USCvGeorgia+GM+019.JPG

Round 2:

USC_logo.gif Jay Tufele*, DT, USC
Height: 6-3. Weight: 305.
Projected 40 Time: 5.22.
Projected Round (2021): 2-3.
View Ranking History

12/19/20: Tufele did not opt back in after the Pac-12 decided to play football again.

9/5/20: Tufele was a disruptive presence for USC in 2019, totaling 42 tackles with 4.5 sacks and a pass batted. His run defense was improved, and he looks like he has upside to improve. After redshirting in 2017, Tufele made an impressive debut for the Trojans in 2018, racking up three sacks with 23 tackles, 4.5 tackles for a loss and a blocked field goal. Tufele has the upside to grow and be better as he gains experience. Tufele announced that he will not return to USC and will enter the 2021 NFL Draft.

20181013_JOSHDUNST_Football_USCvsColorad

Round 3:

Florida_logo.gif Trevon Grimes, WR, Florida
Height: 6-5. Weight: 214.
Projected 40 Time: 4.53.
Projected Round (2021): 3-4.
View Ranking History

1/2/21: Grimes played well in 2020, showing mismatch size and playmaking ability. Florida featured Kyle Pitts and Kadarius Toney, but at most schools, Grimes would have been the No. 1 receiver. In the SEC Championship Game, Grimes torched a potential top-20 pick in Alabama's Patrick Surtain II on a 50-yard touchdown. Grimes has the potential to be a riser in the pre-draft workouts.

1013923460-fl_gai_-Action3.jpg

Round 4:

Florida_logo.gif Stone Forsythe, OT, Florida
Height: 6-7. Weight: 329.
Projected 40 Time: 5.33.
Projected Round (2021): 3-5.
View Ranking History

1/9/21: Forsythe blocked well for the Gators in 2020. His game against Texas A&M was not as good as his performances against Ole Miss and South Carolina, but he played well against Georgia and clamped down Bulldogs edge rusher Azeez Ojulari, one of the top pass rushers in the SEC. Forsythe could be a better fit as a right tackle or guard in the NFL.

259157_standard.jpeg

Round 4 - Martinez

OhioState_logo.gif Trey Sermon, RB, Ohio State
Height: 6-0. Weight: 221.
Projected 40 Time: 4.58.
Projected Round (2021): 5-7.
View Ranking History

1/2/21: Sermon split carries with Master Teague in a lot of games in 2020, but Sermon came through with a monster game against Northwestern to lead Ohio State to a tough win when the passing attack was struggling.

trey-sermon-ohio-state-cfp-carry-getty.j

Round 5:

Colorado_logo.gif Nate Landman, ILB, Colorado
Height: 6-3. Weight: 230.
Projected 40 Time: 4.75.
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.
View Ranking History

12/19/20: Landman was a solid and productive player for Colorado in 2020. He's a sleeper who could rise in the process.

Nate_Landman.jpg

9/5/20: Landman had an excellent sophomore season in which he did a good job defending the run and produced a lot of big plays in pass defense. His production was down in 2019, but it can be hard for linebackers to duplicate huge stat lines. Landman needs to show pass-coverage skills with NFL speed and athleticism.

Round 5 - Bulaga 

Clemson_logo.gif Amari Rodgers, WR, Clemson
Height: 5-10. Weight: 210.
Projected 40 Time: 4.57.
View Ranking History

1/2/21: Rodgers has played well for Clemson this year, and he could be a slot receiver candidate for the NFL.

1200356617.jpeg
8/29/20: Rodgers has a running back's build and could be a slot receiver candidate for the NFL. He has the potential to rise in 2020 if he becomes the featured receiver with Justyn Ross out for the season. Rodgers has a lot of experience, but Clemson is always deep at receiver, so he will have to earn his targets.

Round 5 - Fackrell

Kentucky_logo.gif Drake Jackson, C, Kentucky
Height: 6-2. Weight: 310.
Projected 40 Time: 5.2.
View Ranking History

1/9/21: Jackson played well for Kentucky in 2020. His run blocking is ahead of his pass protection for the NFL, but he was a reliable quarterback protector for the Wildcats.

8/29/20: Jackson is a tough run blocker at the point of attack. He is strong and plays with solid technique. Jackson broke into the starting lineup as a redshirt freshman and has locked down the center position for the Wildcats. He is a good college player who would be ranked higher if he had more size for the next level.

drake_jackson.jpg

Round 6:

Washington_logo.gif Keith Taylor, CB, Washington
Height: 6-3. Weight: 196.
Projected 40 Time: 4.55.
Projected Round (2021): 4-6.
View Ranking History

1/9/21: Taylor accepted an invitation to the Senior Bowl. He has good size with length, but he might be better off moving to safety.

1171846236.jpg.jpg

Round 7:

BYU_logo.gif Khyiris Tonga, 3-4DE, BYU
Height: 6-4. Weight: 321.
Projected 40 Time: 5.48.
View Ranking History

12/19/20: Tonga has played well for BYU this season, clogging running lanes and contributing in the pass rush. He is a run-stuffing nose tackle for the next level.

9410510.jpeg

• Like 4

Horn makes sense where you have him but I'm just not a fan.  I believe better prospects will be available at 32.  In a weak DB draft you've got to take them when you can I understand.

I will also say you have 3 players slipping a bit farther than I think they can be hoped to.  I'll let you guess which.

I value Linsley more than you do.  I realize he may have to go, but don't make it sound like it won't hurt.  Sure Jenkins can play there and then we just got worse at left guard.

I like the value in this draft overall, just not so big on a couple specific picks.

1 hour ago, 15412 said:

Horn makes sense where you have him but I'm just not a fan.  I believe better prospects will be available at 32.  In a weak DB draft you've got to take them when you can I understand.

I will also say you have 3 players slipping a bit farther than I think they can be hoped to.  I'll let you guess which.

I value Linsley more than you do.  I realize he may have to go, but don't make it sound like it won't hurt.  Sure Jenkins can play there and then we just got worse at left guard.

I like the value in this draft overall, just not so big on a couple specific picks.

I don't think it's a weak class at all. You've got 20 DB's that are top-100 on the board overall with a ton of value at CB from rounds 2-4. I'm sure the combine will bring us more prospects in that area. That said, I'd switch the Horn and Tufele picks in this draft and I think TDN's got Horn pegged way too high here. Horn's got some consistency issues and he's way too finesse; tackling is a key concern here.

I am beginning to see a (somewhat) consensus opinion in the first few rounds of the draft. Most mocks seem to include a CB, DL, OT, WR in the first four picks. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just that a lot of people are thinking similar thoughts. Given how the 2020 draft turned out, I guess that means the Packers will go ILB, TE, QB, K  !!!

10 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

I am beginning to see a (somewhat) consensus opinion in the first few rounds of the draft. Most mocks seem to include a CB, DL, OT, WR in the first four picks. I'm not saying this is a bad thing, just that a lot of people are thinking similar thoughts. Given how the 2020 draft turned out, I guess that means the Packers will go ILB, TE, QB, K  !!!

Haha you are probably absolutely right. Gute has been a wildcard with his positional drafting but these tend to be the more desired position groups. I’m starting to lean to a O lineman but a lot will depend on King and Lindsey.

At this point I think Gute stands more or less pat at WR and maybe targets a RB to replace Jones on day 2.

Will the OSU RB slip to the very end of RD4 after what he did to close out the season?  A Williams, Dillon Sermon backfield might not be super dynamic, but it sure wouldn't be fun to play against a GB offense with those three splitting reps behind Rodgers.

EDIT: Apparently Kiper has Sermon at RB3 in his latest draft rankings, so landing Sermon as a RD4 comp pick probably needs to be revisited.

Edited by Mazrimiv