Rockets trade James Harden to Nets

beekay414

7 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

I very genuinely believe they got worse. They can at least withstand Kyrie's drama now but Jarrett Allen was their meal ticket imo 

Celtics and Bucks have the defenders to match up and outrebound them. Obviously you don't lock all of them down but you don't need to. They're gonna have to outgun every game which they can do. But we'll see. Playoffs are a min away

I think they’ll figure out the big situation later. There’s always someone getting bought out. And I guess deandre can be ok. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think they’ll figure out the big situation later. There’s always someone getting bought out. And I guess deandre can be ok. 

he hasn't been ok, tho. they were already terrible defensively with jarrett allen and without harden. games are gonna be in the 130s lol

Just now, Troy Brown said:

Their depth alongside Kyrie/Durant was what made them scary. Dinwiddie/Levert/Harris/Prince/Allen is a starting five, albeit not a championship one 

Agreed re: depth but Prince is downright bad

What I don't get it that LeVert had no leash with the second unit and was an immense success. I hated Dinwiddie in the starting lineup and thought he should come off the bench for Brown, who is now starting.

Harden is not coming off the bench so I largely think this is bad and congested until Dinwiddie comes back to lead the second unit with Joe Harris

• Like 1

Harden was becoming a PROBLEM.. This team was going nowhere, and Harden is a defensive liability.

Dipo is a legitimate player in return.. AND you have all these picks. They also have the option to play the FA game in the offseason if they don't want Dipo long term.

It's not like its 7 picks in the next 2-3 years that are going to be late.. those picks are DEEP out there, and you better believe this Nets team will crash and burn in the LONG run. Teams like this are powerhouses, and eventually are unable to support themselves. They won't be able to build a bench long term, and eventually those contracts will be a problem

Not only that - but I don't think KD/Durant/Harden have ANY real synergy. Like, they will be good now, but in the long run there WILL be some positive return on all of those draft picks

This is going to allow Rockets to tank for a great player right now AND some of those picks down the road WILL have nice value

This trade will be remembered down the road as one of those trades that was short term for the Nets, but will bury them in the long term and Rockets will receive the dividends for a long time

Nets are definitely going to have problems defending, but if they can get someone like Ariza and a decent big defender, they should still be lethal. 

Let's stop with the Celtics and Bucks have the defenders to stop them. Those three are going to get theirs and more importantly, now Harden can finally just be a bystander in tight playoff games with no pressure. KD and Kyrie can handle the scoring and play making down the stretch while Harden starts to get a bit tight. 

But the dude better not start moving more than he did in Houston. And that part I don't know if he is willing to do. 

I don't think there is any synergy between these players. Their skills don't complement each other.

People think "Let's just get a bunch of volume scorers and we will be the best!" and that just frankly is not how basketball works