Rockets trade James Harden to Nets

beekay414

12 minutes ago, Pastor Dillon said:

heres the deal, these picks are not worthless....3 1sts from the nets and 4 pick swaps. That means we have 7 years for the nets to suck and for us to get those picks. Harden and Durant will be long gone before we get to some of that stuff....We could end up with some really good picks unless they are protected heavily. 

I would rather have levert than Victor...this is clearly a "clear cap space and tank" move. The rockets own their own picks in 2022 and 2023, so it makes sense to get really bad for 2 years. Levert makes 17.5 million next year and Oladipo is a free agent. 

pick swaps arent picks.  at best we will be keeping our 1st round picks in the swaps.  the 1sts will be in the late 20's. our only hope is it the later picks turn into a kd/pierce to the nets type situation. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

No one wants love or he would be gone by now. Drummond maybe but he makes a lot so getting salaries to match will be an issue. 

People definitely want Love, he's still an accomplished shooter, I just can't imagine anyone giving up much for him at this point with his broken down body 

Honestly though, I think Pacers are lowkey the biggest winners here. My love for Levert is obvious, but I think he could be the piece that really helps propel the Pacers to the next level - assuming Lamb, Warren & Bitadze can come back healthy this season.

Brogdon/Aaron Holiday
LeVert/Lamb
Warren/Justin Holiday
Sabonis/McDermott
Turner/Bitadze

So which big gets bought out that the Nets target later in the season? 

3 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I can’t believe we just snuck in there and stole Allen. The 2nd best player in that trade for nothing. 

Hell of a pick up man. Drummond doesn't need to be re-signed and you guys continue to build your young core. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And that would have been better than what they got from Houston. 76ers could have added some picks of their own, though not really familiar with their situation. 

Sure I agree it would have been better, point was that Philly didn't want to give up Simmons and their 2 best "prospects" and draft capital

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:

pick swaps arent picks.  at best we will be keeping our 1st round picks in the swaps.  the 1sts will be in the late 20's. our only hope is it the later picks turn into a kd/pierce to the nets type situation. 

it just depends on when those swaps happen, I dont think Harden and Durant stick around for more than 2-3 seasons 

4 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I can’t believe we just snuck in there and stole Allen. The 2nd best player in that trade for nothing. 

Yeah, Allen for a late 2022 1st is a massive steal. He's going to be a monster next year as the #1 big man on the team. Hope they start him over McGee in the 5.5 lineup they were running lol.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Oladipo has played better this season and he's only 28. He'll probably get an extension and be in their plans for the next couple of seasons. 

I would say it would take playoff series win for the rockets to resign him. i think the rockets can get in that 7-10 play in games, but no way they win a series. 

2 minutes ago, Troy Brown said:

Sure I agree it would have been better, point was that Philly didn't want to give up Simmons and their 2 best "prospects" and draft capital

Cool, don't even need to give up all that many draft picks. Those three alone with a pick could have likely gotten this done. Not sure the thinking behind this for Houston. 

Oh well, trade Tucker to the Warriors now you cowards! 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Oladipo has played better this season and he's only 28. He'll probably get an extension and be in their plans for the next couple of seasons. 

Eh, I'm not a huge beliver in Oladipo. I think he is what he is at this point. Now, that's not to say I couldn't envision a scenario where Houston gives him an offer, but will he take it?