What's the difference between Mac Jones this year and Joe Burrow last year?

VanS

On 1/13/2021 at 4:58 PM, VanS said:

I agree.  And last year I said this was the only noteworthy physical trait that Joe Burrow had that made him above average as a prospect.  With that said, I don't think decent mobility is enough to bump a QB from late 1st round pick to the consensus #1 overall pick.

Mobility isn't enough to explain the gap in hype between Mac Jones and Joe Burrow. 

It's a start. People want to make sure their opinions counts so they find everything/anything to make their points valid. Damn last week a pic came out and they rip him a new one. Yup , I know he stinks because he doesn't care , what will he do when he gets paid, and the best one,  he doesn't care about the game. All BS.

Edited by m haynes

On 1/17/2021 at 4:04 PM, VanS said:

Or maybe it was the new scheme that hid his weaknesses and inflated his production?

To me mental acuity is very difficult to guage on tape.  Which is why I always lean towards a prospect's physical traits above all else.  Those traits have far less uncertainty around them.  

Let me guess...You LOVED Jamarcus Russell, huh?

3 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Let me guess...You LOVED Jamarcus Russell, huh?

No.  He was fat and out of shape.  That let me know he had poor work ethic which is why I never liked him.  Its also why I didn't like Dwayne Haskins as a prospect and said so on this site before the 2019 draft.