Week 19 - GDT - Divisional round - Buccaneers (12-5) @ Saints (13-4)

Mid Iowa

GG fellas, crazy season from yall, interested to see how yall handle the cap space next year, yall will probably be a completely different team next year.

Brees is a top 3 QB all time and its gonna be crazy to see the saints without him next year asuming he actually retires.

I started to wonder on that first QB sneak he converted like man you are 41 years old you can't be qb sneaking you're gonna get rocked. Then Jameis came in and I thought it was because Brees was actually hurt not just for a trick play. I began to wonder if Winston would give the team the best chance to win but... it's Brees you know you can't let him go out like that.

Edit: I thought Malcom Jenkins actually had a half decent game today too. And couldn't agree more with @Canadian Saint I feel embarrassed for Anzalone today. Worked all over the field at every level... nothing more than a special teamer in this league

Edited by Fray32
  • Like 2

I’m disappointed in the pass rush.  I really thought we had something special there, but they have disappeared in the postseason more than once.  Defense overall played a good game, but you can’t blow opportunities and you gotta have a pass rush in this league.

Receivers had trouble separating at times, and Mike Thomas honesty hasn’t been his usual elite self in the postseason.

I would say I’m disappointed in Brees, but I knew he was old and it’s always just a matter of time before he lays a big egg.  What you hope for though, is for him to game manage the team to a super bowl like 2015 Broncos.  But, it just didn’t happen.  Is what it is, I learned a long time ago to not get too emotionally invested in things I have no control over.

Heres to next year, and hoping the light bulb came on for Jameis Winston.

6 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I’m disappointed in the pass rush.  I really thought we had something special there, but they have disappeared in the postseason more than once.  Defense overall played a good game, but you can’t blow opportunities and you gotta have a pass rush in this league.

Receivers had trouble separating at times, and Mike Thomas honesty hasn’t been his usual elite self in the postseason.

I would say I’m disappointed in Brees, but I knew he was old and it’s always just a matter of time before he lays a big egg.  What you hope for though, is for him to game manage the team to a super bowl like 2015 Broncos.  But, it just didn’t happen.  Is what it is, I learned a long time ago to not get too emotionally invested in things I have no control over.

Heres to next year, and hoping the light bulb came on for Jameis Winston.

Im concerned with Cam Jordan... Kinda started showing his age this season. Still solid none the less but disappeared in big games and got worked by rookies a few times. At his cap hit moving fwd over the next few years hes gonna have to play better. 

Wondering if hes been dealing with some sort of major injury down the stretch. 

Mostly disappointed in Brees and the offense. I thought the defense played great for the most part. Offense kept putting them in bad spots with turnovers though. Harris delivers a gift at the 20 first Saints drive and....FG. Next drive....FG. Saints offense of old buries 2 quick strikes there for a 14 - 0 lead. Sad to see Brees go out on such a sour note.

As others have said, it's been a fun ride. As a Saints fan old enough to remember the days of the "Aints", the last 15 years have been a real treat. Hopefully this success carries over into the future and someday soon we'll see another dominant Saints team. 

7 minutes ago, SWATcha said:

Mostly disappointed in Brees and the offense. I thought the defense played great for the most part. Offense kept putting them in bad spots with turnovers though. Harris delivers a gift at the 20 first Saints drive and....FG. Next drive....FG. Saints offense of old buries 2 quick strikes there for a 14 - 0 lead. Sad to see Brees go out on such a sour note.

As others have said, it's been a fun ride. As a Saints fan old enough to remember the days of the "Aints", the last 15 years have been a real treat. Hopefully this success carries over into the future and someday soon we'll see another dominant Saints team. 

I wasn't as disappointed in Brees... Mosty because I understood what he was and who he was as a player at this point in his career. I knew how the game would change in the playoffs and like the last few years showed he would struggle.

I saw what I expected so I can't say I was disappointed in him... I just kinda felt sad for him. 

3 hours ago, whodatworm23 said:

I wasn't as disappointed in Brees... Mosty because I understood what he was and who he was as a player at this point in his career. I knew how the game would change in the playoffs and like the last few years showed he would struggle.

I saw what I expected so I can't say I was disappointed in him... I just kinda felt sad for him. 

I think we all knew he wasn’t gonna light the scoreboard on fire.  He’s just not capable anymore.  He wasn’t necessarily so bad he couldn’t put up one of those 200 yard, 2 TD game manager type of game, and that’s all we really expected out of him. But totally crapping the bed was a possibility always, and that’s what happened.  

1 hour ago, Canadian Saint said:

In bittersweet news, Saints D-line coach, Ryan Nielsen has been poached by LSU to be their DC. Big loss for us because Nielsen did an amazing job. A ton of players and the unit overall improved under his tutelage.

For selfish reasons (Im a LSU fan) im actually stoked about this one!

I mean how much has Nielsen actually done?  Most of the player we've had on the DL were highly talented that were either drafted in the first or fell for various reasons and if anything I would think that he's been slightly underwhelming.  If it wasn't for the fact that I think this person is happy being a college DL coach realizing his strengths, not to mention it would hurt my Buckeyes, I think Larry Johnson former Penn Sate and current Ohio State DL coach would be an excellent get for an NFL team.

1 hour ago, Raves said:

I mean how much has Nielsen actually done?  Most of the player we've had on the DL were highly talented that were either drafted in the first or fell for various reasons and if anything I would think that he's been slightly underwhelming.  If it wasn't for the fact that I think this person is happy being a college DL coach realizing his strengths, not to mention it would hurt my Buckeyes, I think Larry Johnson former Penn Sate and current Ohio State DL coach would be an excellent get for an NFL team.

Davenport’s development was trash(that might be too harsh), but Hendrickson came along excellently.  The DL ultimately disappointed me though when it counted most.  We have solid players across the board, but what we need is a a guy that takes over the game.   I know that’s asking a lot, but that’s what elite defenses have.  

1 minute ago, Jlowe22 said:

Davenport’s development was trash(that might be too harsh), but Hendrickson came along excellently.  The DL ultimately disappointed me though when it counted most.  We have solid players across the board, but what we need is a a guy that takes over the game.   I know that’s asking a lot, but that’s what elite defenses have.  

Hendrickson saw the field all 4 years he was at FAU and in his final two years produced 13.5 and 9.5 sacks.  He was a fast riser before the draft and had he not been at FAU and instead say Florida he would've been a much more touted draft prospect.  Heck in his freshman year of college he was 215 lbs and after he learned about proper nutrition and strength training he broke out.  He would've contributed sooner if he wasn't always getting hurt.  If anything he developed at FAU and just maintained with the Saints.  Also Davenport not being taught more techniques to go with his god given talents is 100% on the coaching staff even if he's been hurt.  They could still go through slow motion practice teaching hand technique I'm sure.