Would adding Matthew Stafford make an already good team a Super Bowl contender?

notthatbluestuff

1 hour ago, JonMcC2018 said:

I never get statements like this. Here are some of the QBs who have made it to a Super Bowl in the last 10 years alone:

- Joe Flacco

- Eli Manning

- Colin Kaepernick

- Zombie Peyton Manning

- Cam Newton

- Nick Foles

- Jared Goff

- Jimmy Garoppolo

Look back at the decade before and you have the likes of Trent Dilfer, Rex Grossman, Matt Hasselbeck, Jake Delhomme, Kerry Collins, Brad Johnson. So good to average (and even bad) QBs get to the Super Bowl all the time.

Making it to a Super Bowl as a QB is as much luck and circumstance as anything else. Matthew Stafford is absolutely 100% capable of going to a Super Bowl. As was Philip Rivers. Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it cannot.

10000% this. I'd give you two likes if I could.

I think Stafford on the Steelers or Colts would be a really good fit, personally.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ClutchDJ said:

Stafford might just be the most overrated QB in the league.

How so? He's not elite or anything, but he's a good QB who's been on a team that has lacked good coaching and talent for most of his career. His best coach has been Jim Caldwell, who's a solid coach but nothing amazing.

I think if you put Stafford with a team like the Colts then they'd be at least borderline contenders for the SB.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DawgX said:

How so? He's not elite or anything, but he's a good QB who's been on a team that has lacked good coaching and talent for most of his career. His best coach has been Jim Caldwell, who's a solid coach but nothing amazing.

I think if you put Stafford with a team like the Colts then they'd be at least borderline contenders for the SB.

I think he’s just an above-average QB who did have a good amount of talent in the early to mid 10s, but has failed to elevate his own play to the next level. There’s never been a time where I’ve said “Man, we got Matt Stafford next week. I’m nervous” in any part of his career. Now he has the victim card of everything being the organization’s fault against him. Just don’t buy it.

Clearly not a bad QB, but yea, easily the most overrated QB in the league as of this moment.