Jaguars hiring Urban Meyer as HC

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

Has to start at the top.  The Fords are the common denominator through all of the turmoil.  I am not sure they have to sell the team, but put someone at the top that knows what they are doing and allow them to restructure the org chart as needed.  There can't be this many bad GMs, coaches, players, etc.  At some point you have to get lucky unless the structure of the organization is truly that bad.  I look at it like we are the LA Clippers before Balmer bought them. Sterling was rich and treated ownership as a status symbol and really didn't care if they won as long as he made money.  Ballmer comes in and boom, they are competing in the playoffs every year.  Even closer to home, when Illitch bought the Wings and Tigers, he cared about winning and how important it was to his brand, and both teams had great stretches.  He dies and his kids obviously don't share the same passion and we are bottom dwellers.  We need ownership that cares and is willing to try different things to succeed instead of just rinse, wash, repeat.  We have/had hope that the next generation of Fords might care, but as long as they keep Rod Wood, a CEO from the Ford Charities, as President, it shows that their friends are more important than success. 

One playoff win since 1957 is tough....I grew in Michigan from 1965 onward, and if it weren't for my parents being from Wisconsin, well may have become a Lion's fan...As for what is wrong, they suffer from the same complex as the Browns...When adversity comes, they seem to fall into the woe is me, here we go again mentality....But, who's to say they can't repeat what the Browns have done, and get the franchise turned around?...I thought Wayne Fontes had them believing for a while and that they could make a great playoff run....The Matt Millen debacle was a clear case of a successful football player not automatically equating into a successful GM...Than Matt Patricia, the ex-Patriot DC...I think they would have been better off keeping Caldwell....Go after Eric Bieniemy or an offensive whiz ala what the Packers, Rams, and Cardinal have and stop looking for that marquee coach/GM....

On 1/15/2021 at 12:34 PM, Uncle Buck said:

The Jaguars quickly went from a down and out franchise to suddenly having an embarrassment of riches:

Coach - Urban Meyer
Quarterback - Trevor Lawrence
Fan - Uncle Buck

(OK, I admit that one of those does not belong on that illustrious list, but I figured I'd try to sneak in there.)  xD

The new Triplets

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Not a big fan of a trade then sign Zach Ertz. Hasnt he been hurt for 2 years now?

Ertz played in 15 games in 2019 and was very good. This year he was hurt and had terrible QB play unfortunately. He isn't what he was in 2017/2018. He lost a step, but his route running is still fantastic and he has reliable hands. He is the perfect TE to pair with a young QB(as long you don't ask him to block a lot).

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, DreamKid said:

Not familiar with this guy, what's his deal?

Placed on administrative leave after many ex players called him out last year for historic cases in bullying, racial stereotyping and hateful comments. Just seems such a strange hire for a guy to be brought in less than 12 months after these serious allegations. 

7 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Placed on administrative leave after many ex players called him out last year for historic cases in bullying, racial stereotyping and hateful comments. Just seems such a strange hire for a guy to be brought in less than 12 months after these serious allegations. 

Is he a genius coach or something? Why did Urban feel the need to pursue a guaranteed controversy, weird.