Jaguars hiring Urban Meyer as HC

RaidersAreOne

If Doyle were to do something a player would just rock his ***.

This isn't college. These are grown men. They don't have to worry about losing some scholarship.

We deserve to be dragged for the hire, but I don't expect any issues inside there.

Urban is about to find out that there's a HUGE difference between the NFL and NCAA based upon how to ostracize a good portion of your locker room and that they aren't tied to you for 4 years. He'd better figure out a way to work with his players instead of over them, or his tenure in JAX will be short lived.

Picking up right where he left off in the Zach Smith loyalty department is meme-worthy. @ramssuperbowl99 imagine the possibilities here.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

Urban is about to find out that there's a HUGE difference between the NFL and NCAA based upon how to ostracize a good portion of your locker room and that they aren't tied to you for 4 years. He'd better figure out a way to work with his players instead of over them, or his tenure in JAX will be short lived.

Picking up right where he left off in the Zach Smith loyalty department is meme-worthy. @ramssuperbowl99 imagine the possibilities here.

I don't know why anyone is surprised. Urban's entire career has been win at all cost, regardless of the consequences. He has autonomy and is going to run the program the exact same way he's done it everywhere else he's been. 

To be fair to Urban, if the entire Jacksonville Jaguars team acts like the Utah student body, maybe there won't be murders and domestic abuse and a trainwreck that ends with him having to fake a heart attack in disgrace to get out of there. But I doubt it. When you hire Urban Meyer, that's the deal you sign up for.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

I don't know why anyone is surprised. Urban's entire career has been win at all cost, regardless of the consequences. He has autonomy and is going to run the program the exact same way he's done it everywhere else he's been. 

To be fair to Urban, if the entire Jacksonville Jaguars team acts like the Utah student body, maybe there won't be murders and domestic abuse and a trainwreck that ends with him having to fake a heart attack in disgrace to get out of there. But I doubt it. When you hire Urban Meyer, that's the deal you sign up for.

*Heart Attack

*Stress Related health issues/migraines

...what's next on the docket? 

I could go on a rant about how Urban Meyer being a POS is a symptom of a much more widespread disease that's rooted in the kind of culture that was actively bred by organized football at both the pro and college levels. But I think Marty summed it up better than I ever could. 

I just feel bad for Jaguar fans at this point, that they have to put up with some of the highest(if not the highest) levels of ineptitude among all the NFL franchises. Just an absolute clown show down in Jacksonville.

At least the players wont' have to deal with Doyle, not that he ever should have even come close to the franchise anyway.

• Like 1