Jaguars hiring Urban Meyer as HC

RaidersAreOne

4 hours ago, xenajets said:

Well not really seeing as though your new HC hired a guy who is a bully and a racist.

But don’t worry because Doyle has resigned. 🙄

Yep. He still gets the black mark on his reputation (is there enough room for this mark?  Can they write on the back?) but now he doesn’t even have his crappy guy. Lovely start!

2 hours ago, EvilenFroggen said:

Yep. He still gets the black mark on his reputation (is there enough room for this mark?  Can they write on the back?) but now he doesn’t even have his crappy guy. Lovely start!

Yeah the fact he hired him to start says it all. 
Some fans though don’t give a **** as long as they draft Lawrence though so as it’s been stated...’full steam ahead’ 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

Yeah the fact he hired him to start says it all. 
Some fans though don’t give a **** as long as they draft Lawrence though so as it’s been stated...’full steam ahead’ 

Who doesn't care here? 

You do realize we are fans with zero control of hires or players brought in (outside of making our voices heard on social media, which this did), right?

22 hours ago, Starless said:

I could go on a rant about how Urban Meyer being a POS is a symptom of a much more widespread disease that's rooted in the kind of culture that was actively bred by organized football at both the pro and college levels. But I think Marty summed it up better than I ever could. 

This literally sums up the NFL and most sports absolutely perfectly.

From the owners, to the high execs, to the coaches. It's a problem and has been in organized sports forever. Hell, I remember it back when I was a kid playing in junior high through high school. Just because it isn't out there doesn't mean it's not happening in pretty much every organization. Look no further than the owners who lay the groundwork of the organization when they start fresh top to bottom. We're at what, 4 minority head coaches and how many with a GM title? Or the comments some of these owners like Bob McNair and Woody Johnson have made in the past few years?

33 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Who doesn't care here? 

You do realize we are fans with zero control of hires or players brought in (outside of making our voices heard on social media, which this did), right?

Every day the question looms larger and larger:

why has the Jags FF forum not fired Urban Meyer yet?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

We as fans of the Jaguars have to continue to be miserable until this is done. 

No discussion or excitement for the future of the franchise can be had until this order is carried out. The timeline is expected to be 3-7 years.

51 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Who doesn't care here? 

Well seeing as though you are the one who’s brushing it under the mat with your ‘all good full steam ahead’ approach it just winds me up. Never mind. 

23 minutes ago, Jaguarfan said:

Of course nobody is saying you and members of your Jags forum should/could influence the firing of your head coach. 

I wish you as a fan base the absolute best but Iv read several posts lately that have annoyed me so I’m going to say it when I feel that way. Almost some ‘bragging’ with the we’ve got Lawerence and all that. Just comes across quite crap really. 

5 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Of course nobody is saying you and members of your Jags forum should/could influence the firing of your head coach. 

I wish you as a fan base the absolute best but Iv read several posts lately that have annoyed me so I’m going to say it when I feel that way. Almost some ‘bragging’ with the we’ve got Lawerence and all that. Just comes across quite crap really. 

So this is a Jets thing then?

Otherwise I'm not sure what you're getting at. I haven't seen anyone not grilling the move since it happened on here or other social media. He was just fired yesterday.

That is all, I, as a fan can do. I didn't make the decision to hire him nor are my views shared with a billion dollars organization.

5 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Ok, lot of assumptions here. You do you though.

You keep editing your posts after Iv responded. I thought it was strange how your original response to my post was changed. Thought I was going mad!  Anyway never mind like I said it’s not assumptions it’s just reading what you type. Not really much more to say 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

So this is a Jets thing then?

Otherwise I'm not sure what you're getting at. I haven't seen anyone not grilling the move since it happened on here or other social media. He was just fired yesterday.

That is all, I, as a fan can do. I'm not going to sit here and sulk in it. I didn't make the decision to hire him nor are my views shared with a billion dollars organization.

Just made my opinion based off what you have typed mate. No assumptions or overthinking psychology needed. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, xenajets said:

What also comes across as crap is the trashing our fan base that’s happened everywhere since 2009. The Jaguars fan base finally has something to gloat over and to make comments that match the trash talk they’ve received for over a decade. We have no fans, we’re moving to London, blah, blah, blah. Doesn’t matter, we have a transcendent QB coming and we care about that far more than all the chirping and trash talk we’ve heard.

Sorry our reaction to our new found fortunes bothers you, but we’ve been dealing with far worse for far longer and we’re taking this opportunity to release some pent up emotions. 

• Like 3