Jaguars hiring Urban Meyer as HC

24 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I don't know if the Dolphins want to turn around this past season, they'd be 6-10.😁

LOL fair enough but I feel they got a bit lucky. And if the Tua talk is true... that might be worrisome. That said I think this offseason could really solidify things.

2 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Well, this ensures Jacksonville will somehow manage to stay irrelevant even with Trevor Lawrence.  Impressive work by them.

lol if anything this ensures precisely the opposite. Even if we're terrible, we will have eyes on us because of our HC/QB combo

1 minute ago, Jaguarfan said:

lol if anything this ensures precisely the opposite. Even if we're terrible, we will have eyes on us because of our HC/QB combo

I meant irrelevant it terms of actually being good.

This is entertaining news and I am glad to see something like this happen to a small market team such as the Jags. Hopefully it works out but I feel like more people are willing to watch them just to see what happens with Urban. I will be tuning in for it all. I like how he has discussed them upgrading the team facility and wanting better pay for his assistants so it is a good way to get this organization up and running at the level fans deserve. I am sure some bitter UF fans will have some backlash on this but overall it is a move that I wouldn't have expected from this organization considering how they have run in the past.

Just don’t give him “football control” and the Jags should be alright. Getting Trevor Lawrence alone should give them a needed boost.

Off the top of my head the last few college to NFL coaches to have the “football control” title were Chip Kelly, Bill O’Brien, Nick Saban and Butch Davis. All failed for different reasons.

• Like 1

A lot of cap space, top overall pick (curveball, incoming, Justin Fields....  not really), some decent positions in place.

He's going to be set up nicely to make a run in a couple years if he can be the NFL coach he was in college.

The big question: Can he get people in Jacksonville to actually give a **** and go to games?

Edited by BobbyPhil1781
8 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

A lot of cap space, top overall pick (curveball, incoming, Justin Fields....  not really), some decent positions in place.

He's going to be set up nicely to make a run in a couple years if he can be the NFL coach he was in college.

The big question: Can he get people in Jacksonville to actually give a **** and go to games?

Man, this is a tired take...

The fans supposed to be going out and watching Luke McCown, Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, Mike Glennon, and Gardner Minshew every week the past decade? The die hards do, but the casual fan?

1 minute ago, .Buzz said:

Man, this is a tired take...

The fans supposed to be going out and watching Luke McCown, Blaine Gabbert, Chad Henne, Blake Bortles, Nick Foles, Mike Glennon, and Gardner Minshew every week? The die hards do, but the casual fan?

i love your avitar

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

The Jags fans supported their team for the one good season they had in the past two decades. Seriously...most teams would have struggled significantly with as much dysfunction and losing has occurred over that time period. Who would you rather see...drive an hour to see a Gator game...drive 2 hours and see a Seminole game...or stay in town and see the home team get blown out without capable players or management?

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, DoleINGout said:

Looking forward to all the revenue this brings Jacksonville which should lead to a lot of Urban development downtown.

The upgrades to the facilities will be a coming and likely to the stadium. 

I don't think that he's going to last. Urban Meyer's worst season ever was 8-5 with Florida...which stressed him out to the point that he had to step away for a while (at least, allegedly). Is he going to be able to handle losing?