Future QB Discussion

G08

2 minutes ago, blkwdw13 said:

I took it as a more general idiots, like the type of crowd you find replying in twitter feeds, not the crowd here.

Does it matter, everyone is talking about it. It's FUN to imagine Wilson on the Bears. Doesn't mean everyone who does so is an idiot.

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

Does it matter, everyone is talking about it. It's FUN to imagine Wilson on the Bears. Doesn't mean everyone who does so is an idiot.

Ok have fun believing what ever you want, you are the one that said it was uncalled for when he "called someone an idiot"

1 hour ago, malagabears said:

While it is the time of year we love to speculate the only realistic target I forsee is Minshew.

Imagine being Foles and losing job to this kook twice.

Imagine being Minshew and taking his job twice and still making a tiny fraction of his earnings.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

I took it as a more general idiots, like the type of crowd you find replying in twitter feeds, not the crowd here.

That’s how I took it as well.  JAF is a pretty direct guy, if he’s gonna call a specific person here a name, there would be no ambiguity lol.

• Like 1

How do people feel about Ryan Fitzpatrick? 

The more I think about it the more I think he will be a target for this team if they are unable to land a big fish via trade i.e. Watson or Wilson (yes I know both long shots)

I believe it will be either Fitz or Minshew

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

The more I think about it the more I think he will be a target for this team if they are unable to land a big fish via trade i.e. Watson or Wilson (yes I know both long shots)

I feel like golfing on Sundays until it gets too cold in the fall.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

If it’s Fitz I still think QB is in play at 20. If it’s Minshew we’re giving up draft capital to get him so I think maybe we wouldn’t draft one.

Adding Minshew to me would feel like trading for Kyle Orton. I liked Orton and he was kind of a goofball and was a decent enough placeholder QB, but he was nothing more than that. Minshew is a guy I don’t think gets us any further than Mitch did last year. He’s a lateral move. He’d basically be coming in with the upshot of being just good enough to keep us from being in a position to draft a top QB prospect again next year. I’m not real interested in trading away draft capital to be a marginal upgrade over what we’ve had. That’s still going to leave us hovering around .500 with little shot at winning against the top teams in the conference. 

I was in no way, shape, or form calling anyone on this forum an idiot.  I was only speaking in general to the idiots on social media who believe everything they read, which are usually only headlines b/c they have the attention span of a light pole, and feel the need to dramatize and overreact about EVERY little thing like high-school girl's. A player could tweet "I'm tired" and these idiots will automatically assume he hates the coach, his teammates, the city, and the entire planet.

And yes...they are still idiots...whether anyone likes it or not.  They were idiots yesterday, they are still idiots today, and they will still be idiots tomorrow. And I will continue to call them idiots because idiots deserve to be called idiots. Plain and simple. Deal with it.

If I ever call someone a name on here then, trust me, you'll know it for sure. In fact, you will be so damn sure of it you won't even have to ask. I don't do subliminal's.

Anyways, back on topic.

15 hours ago, topwop1 said:

I want nothing to do with any QB who was benched for Geno freaking Smith.   Foles is better than Fitz.

On 2/26/2021 at 1:29 PM, dll2000 said:

Imagine being Foles and losing job to this kook twice.

Imagine being Minshew and taking his job twice and still making a tiny fraction of his earnings.

Lol.  Imagine being Foles right now. First there were rumors about the Bears going after the guy who kept him on the bench (Wentz), and now the Bears going after the guy he was benched for (Minshew).  All of this after losing his job to Mitch.  Someone would need to check on him.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

I want nothing to do with any QB who was benched for Geno freaking Smith.   Foles is better than Fitz.

Well, that benching had a lot to do with seeing what they had with Geno. And Foles is better than Fitz...but that's kind of in a vacuum sort of deal. Foles is really immobile. He can put up big numbers with a good (doesn't even have to be great) line in front of him. Fitz is better (as are most NFL quarterbacks) on the move, or the run. 

• Like 1