Future QB Discussion

G08

23 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

You like him better than Wilson? 

I don't know about Windy but I surely don't

Wilson is my guy. He just makes so many ridiculous throws that make you drop your jaw..he's quite the talent 

I wouldn't be unhappy getting Fields but he struggled against some of the better defenses this season such as Northwestern and Alabama which makes you pause a bit ...l love his toughness and competitiveness tho...and he does throw a pretty nice ball and he's real athletic...there are just some questions about his ability to read defenses and process that have me a little concerned

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

Wilson is my guy. He just makes so many ridiculous throws that make you drop your jaw...he's quite the talent 

Yeah, the kid looks pretty special to me. I've seen Kiper (as well as a couple of internet guys) knock him because of the schedule he played...but that alone can't explain away some of the ridiculous throws he made last season. My only concern with him is durability. But we've seen that become a non-factor in the pros before (see: Watson, DeShaun).

11 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

I sure do. I’d mortgage the farm to move up to 2 for Fields. 

Fields looks totally solid to me. I don't even knock him for those two sub-par games last year, as they were against very good teams. I think all three of the top guys have a real shot to be good starters. Fields would be just fine as a consolation prize. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

Wilson is my guy. He just makes so many ridiculous throws that make you drop your jaw..he's quite the talent 

I wouldn't be unhappy getting Fields but he struggled against some of the better defenses this season such as Northwestern and Alabama which makes you pause a bit ...l love his toughness and competitiveness tho...and he does throw a pretty nice ball and he's real athletic...there are just some questions about his ability to read defenses and process that have me a little concerned

Nagy should be able to fix that like he did with Tru...

Hello top 5 pick and new HC!

3 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Wilson played 1 non-terrible defense in Costal Carolina, I repeat Costal Carolina, and he struggled.

Fields is higher than Wilson for me. Wilson does make ridiculous throws against gym teachers and financial advisors.

Not sure how much this is worth, but this is at least interesting to look at.  Darnold and Wentz look to be at the bottom of the barrell.  Gardner Minshew is near the middle of the pack, which is not bad, considering he played for a 1-15 team and was only being paid $700K last year.  He could be a heck of a deal for that much money.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Uncle Buck said:

Not sure how much this is worth, but this is at least interesting to look at.  Darnold and Wentz look to be at the bottom of the barrell.  Gardner Minshew is near the middle of the pack, which is not bad, considering he played for a 1-15 team and was only being paid $700K last year.  He could be a heck of a deal for that much money.

Incoming from the Minshew haters!!!

I'll help shield you, @Uncle Buck!!!

340?cb=20200505195947

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Fields athletic ability, accuracy, and big game experience put him over the top. I have more confidence in his ability to handle the pressure of the NFL.

I would be fine with a massive trade up for either. I think in a non Lawrence draft either could go 1.

Yeah, I’d be good with Wilson too. Both could be special. I’m just a little more comfortable with Fields hitting his peak potential than I am with Wilson. Fields won a lot of points with me playing obviously hurt during the playoff and playing really well too. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WindyCity said:

Wilson played 1 non-terrible defense in Costal Carolina, I repeat Costal Carolina, and he struggled.

Fields is higher than Wilson for me. Wilson does make ridiculous throws against gym teachers and financial advisors.

If struggling is connecting on 63% of your passes for 240 yards with 1 TD and 1 INT and only losing by 5 points to what was a pretty good team then I'll take that every time a QB struggles in a game

It's hard to compare the two on a equal playing field but the one major difference between the two guys is that Wilson was surrounded by bums whereas Fields was surrounded by other NFL talent pretty much everywhere

If you have a tendency to make amazing throws at different arm angles and at different spots of the field does it really matter if the opposing talent are future teachers and financial advisors like you say?  C'mon you're better than that.  For example who did Josh Allen play against throughout his college career?  

Edited by topwop1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Uncle Buck said:

If all else fails to get an elite talent at QB then Minshew is my #1 target as a bridge starter

• Like 2

1 hour ago, blkwdw13 said:

Can Minshew and Foles coexist on the same team together again.

You would hope so.  From all accounts, Foles is a pretty nice, easy-going guy.  Minshew may have a bit of an ego, but if you want that big paycheck and there aren't a lot of people banging down your door for your services, you have to check your ego and play the game like everyone else.