Future QB Discussion

G08

5 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

What happened to Kyle Trask’s draft stock?  He has no buzz around him. Everyone is mocking him in the 3rd round.  What I am missing. Why is his stock so low?  I remember when he scored 40 pts against Alabama in the SEC champ game and outplayed Mac Jones with lesser talent and almost won. But Mac Jones is somehow the first round talent and Trask is not.   I remember watching a lot of college football and thinking this guy passes the eye test.    

I'm still high on him and prefer him to Jones. But lack of experience, no crazy tools to repeat on about (like Fields and Lance's athleticism) and poor final showing.

The draft community is ridiculously knee-jerk so if Trask balled out in that last game he'd be getting top-20 talk probably. 

10 hours ago, 41st ward Chicagoian said:

What happened to Kyle Trask’s draft stock?  He has no buzz around him. Everyone is mocking him in the 3rd round.  What I am missing. Why is his stock so low?  I remember when he scored 40 pts against Alabama in the SEC champ game and outplayed Mac Jones with lesser talent and almost won. But Mac Jones is somehow the first round talent and Trask is not.   I remember watching a lot of college football and thinking this guy passes the eye test.    

I think it's largely where it was, but there is some variance with QBs who aren't first round guys.  One thing to note is that in recent history (last 6 years), second round QBs haven't really been a thing and the ones that have been picked have been kind of disasters (kizer, lock, hack). Only hurts looks like something and his pick was kind of panned at the time.

But 4 in 6 years is quirky. I feel like the nfl has just moved away from valuing them there, which is kind of weird because prior to this run, there was some success with those types (carr, Jimmy g, dalton, kaepernick). 

I just wonder if teams aren't moving towards a market where they are valuing those guys a little more later, especially ones without a special skill set. I thought Eason was easily worth a second last year and he fell to the 4th. 

9 minutes ago, G08 said:

So are Trubisky's 🤷🏽‍♂️ 

Trubisky not being good doesn’t mean we should stop looking for good physical tools.

Trask has so many physical limitations that he would need to be perfect in everything else. There is no margin for error.

• Like 2

If Watson, Prescott and Wilson are not an option I would be for trading Foles for a pick, signing Trubisky and then moving up in the draft to get a rookie QB. Unlikely I know, but makes the most sense and the best option for Bears to win next year and Trubisky to be a starter in the NFL. There would have to be a real come to jesus moment between Nagy and Trubisky but.....

1 hour ago, dafreak said:

If Watson, Prescott and Wilson are not an option I would be for trading Foles for a pick, signing Trubisky and then moving up in the draft to get a rookie QB. Unlikely I know, but makes the most sense and the best option for Bears to win next year and Trubisky to be a starter in the NFL. There would have to be a real come to jesus moment between Nagy and Trubisky but.....

Trubisky will not be back