Future QB Discussion

G08

48 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

It's an unfortunate situation, all the way around. You'd think Watson would at least wait and see who they do hire as HC, but I get it...the guy's had enough. And who knows if Caserio will pan out, or be another pretender from the Belichick "tree". What the heck is going to happen down there? If Watson leaves, where does he go? Is he dead set on Miami? 

7 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It's an unfortunate situation, all the way around. You'd think Watson would at least wait and see who they do hire as HC, but I get it...the guy's had enough. And who knows if Caserio will pan out, or be another pretender from the Belichick "tree". What the heck is going to happen down there? If Watson leaves, where does he go? Is he dead set on Miami? 

Dolphins, Jets, WFT, Bears, Lions and Panthers seem to make the most sense on paper. Saints could be a dark horse with Brees retiring.

It seems unlikely someone like Watson could be traded but it appears to be headed down that road.

31 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Makes me laugh as far as the drama of the NFL not directly hitting the Bears. Makes me feel bad for guys like ET who have been following them like they have. Get a franchise QB and blowing it when they're young and ascending. 

One thing though, if I'm Caserio I'm flying out to talk to Watson and trying to take Watt with me  to see what they are wanting. Both in the HC search and FAs they are helping target. I want them heavily involved in both, while the final decision will rest with me 

I'm going to try and play peacekeeper and keep the franchise faces happy and let them help settle the locker room. Otherwise no one will want to come into such a combustible situation. 

2 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Makes me laugh as far as the drama of the NFL not directly hitting the Bears. Makes me feel bad for guys like ET who have been following them like they have. Get a franchise QB and blowing it when they're young and ascending. 

One thing though, if I'm Caserio I'm flying out to talk to Watson and trying to take Watt with me  to see what they are wanting. Both in the HC search and FAs they are helping target. I want them heavily involved in both, while the final decision will rest with me 

I'm going to try and play peacekeeper and keep the franchise faces happy and let them help settle the locker room. Otherwise no one will want to come into such a combustible situation. 

Sounds like JJ might be a cap casualty this year, so i wouldn’t take him with me lol.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CWood21 said:

You can sig quote this, but that will NOT happen.  I believe we've only seen 6 QBs go in the first round once in NFL history, 1983.  And QB6 didn't even come off the board until 27.  We're going to see 3, maybe 4 QBs off the board by 7.

Oh I totally agree I was speculating on. Worse case scenario. It’s just going to be very challenging for the Bears getting their guy.

43 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears cannot even put a deal together as good as the Jets or Dolphins.

But if he ends up in Miami, maybe we can steal Tua at a good deal.

Getting Tua would be an amazing get as a prospect. 

Watson to the Jets would be awful for Watson.

Why aren’t the Pats involved?

So this Watson discussion got me thinking...

This whole debacle is tearing their entire team, franchise, and fan base apart (based on different tweets from players, reports from schefter, and the Texans forum).  If they do trade Watson i don’t think the bears have the ammunition to acquire him, especially with NYJ and MIA lurking.  However, that could be the start of a complete rebuild/reset for the Texans.  What about seeing if they’d trade Tunsil?  He’d be expensive and the trade compensation won’t be cheap either, but the dude is only 26 and a known commodity compared to a rookie OT.

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

So this Watson discussion got me thinking...

This whole debacle is tearing their entire team, franchise, and fan base apart (based on different tweets from players, reports from schefter, and the Texans forum).  If they do trade Watson i don’t think the bears have the ammunition to acquire him, especially with NYJ and MIA lurking.  However, that could be the start of a complete rebuild/reset for the Texans.  What about seeing if they’d trade Tunsil?  He’d be expensive and the trade compensation won’t be cheap either, but the dude is only 26 and a known commodity compared to a rookie OT.

I think that would be hard for them to part with. The sunk cost to acquire him was quite a lot.

Would be great for us though!

1 hour ago, Sugashane said:

Supposedly Watt is going to be "next" to publicly speak out against the organization. Allbright RT'd something about it yesterday IIRC

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WindyCity said:

The Bears cannot even put a deal together as good as the Jets or Dolphins.

But if he ends up in Miami, maybe we can steal Tua at a good deal.

In terms of quality of picks, maybe, but you never know in the NFL. Allegedly Gruden chose to trade Mack here because he thought they would suck. If they trade Watson to Miami that's a championship contender instantly. The #3 pick would be nice but the next 1 or 2 would be in the 20's. Maybe including a good young player can change their mind, like Nichols.

Edited by beardown3231

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

However, that could be the start of a complete rebuild/reset for the Texans.  What about seeing if they’d trade Tunsil?  He’d be expensive and the trade compensation won’t be cheap either, but the dude is only 26 and a known commodity compared to a rookie OT.

They won't backtrack on what little progress they've made. 

23 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If they trade Watson to Miami that's a championship contender instantly. The #3 pick would be nice but the next 1 or 2 would be in the 20's. Maybe including a good young player can change their mind, like Nichols.

As I've posted, if Watson goes to Miami, it's pretty much a lock that Houston gets Tua and the #3 pick. 

We then have a decent shot at the #3 pick, with a "good young player" being more like Jaylon Johnson. And/or Darnell Mooney. 

But the Bears would then have, most likely, Wilson. 

And I can live with that.

• Like 1