Future QB Discussion

G08

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Same. Which is why my prediction is that Pace moves up to around 12 to get a QB, unless he makes a big splash before the draft.

I'm hoping on this more so than relying on the draft

While I do like quite a few prospects in this years QB class I just think based on where the team is and how little patience Bears fans have for another QB project... they need to go for the big swing and get that surefire HOF caliber QB like Wilson or Watson

This is an unprecedented time where 2 high quality QBs are available/want out of their current organizations and their respective teams are now willing to listen to trade offers

I think it's a no brainer at this point in time.  You won't get many opportunities like this if ever again. Just do it!

6 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Needless to say, this narrative died down very quickly.

Did you read my list of the top NFL QBs today and their traits?

Nobody is saying to ignore anything, mind you, but that list demonstrates your odds are better with athleticism and arm talent.

Brady is a ******* unicorn... and a GOAT... a unigoat

25 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

It would be great if it happened, but I just don't see it. 

They're (Seahawks) taking offers on him and he has a no trade clause and specifically listed 4 teams he'd want to go to. Bears, Raiders, Cowboys and Saints.

Saints don't have the cap space to trade for him and can only offer less than Bears in terms of current year draft assets

Raiders GM Mike Mayock went out on record the other day saying him and Gruden love Carr and essentially gave him a vote of confidence that he'd be their QB going forward

And Cowboys are said to be close to a deal with Dak with Jerry Jones also saying on record that there's no way he isn't back with Cowboys

You now better believe Bears have a chance 

Edited by topwop1

6 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

Bears have a chance because they are on the list. Compensation is not the issue. It's where he decides to go. 

This is noteworthy because Seahawks would potentially accept less than a normal haul for a QB like Russ considering he can force their hand with the no-trade clause.

Let's just say out of those 4 teams Bears and Saints are the only interested parties then that helps Bears chance of not only getting him but also paying less than they would have if it was a free for all bidding process.

1 hour ago, topwop1 said:

You now better believe Bears have a chance 

They do have a chance. But without a QB to offer back...I don't know. The thing with Mayock may have been bonafide...or it may have been posturing, to try and establish he was going hardline in any potential negotiations with the Seahawks. 

If Seahawks ownership (still Paul Allen?) was smart, they'd just fire Pete Carroll, and ask Wilson for input on the next coach.

We'll see what happens. 

44 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

That being said I still expect Wilson to cost at the very least two 1st round picks + mid round pick(s) and a player or two.

Which is totally acceptable to me. Trade some defenders away, restore some balance in the cap situation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Heinz D. said:

They do have a chance. But without a QB to offer back...I don't know. The thing with Mayock may have been bonafide...or it may have been posturing, to try and establish he was going hardline in any potential negotiations with the Seahawks. 

If Seahawks ownership (still Paul Allen?) was smart, they'd just fire Pete Carroll, and ask Wilson for input on the next coach.

We'll see what happens. 

Which is totally acceptable to me. Trade some defenders away, restore some balance in the cap situation. 

Paul Allen died like 3 years ago. I believe his daughter runs the show now

• Like 1

Good Palehose source.

Tweet from @portilloshambu1

Very rarely receive NFL insight but was told by multiple sources the Bears and Seahawks are “really ******** deep” in talks regarding Russell Wilson No secret he would go to Chicago but it sounds like things are accelerating. Hope the train crosses the finish line and not falloff”

2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

That being said I still expect Wilson to cost at the very least two 1st round picks + mid round pick(s) and a player or two.

Oh buddy... I think you're looking *at least* three 1st round picks and maybe even a second or two...