Future QB Discussion

18 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

Hard to say what will happen. Watson apparently doesn't want to be a Bear, so that factors into it. 

I mean why would he when Pace is still the GM. The guy didn't even give Watson the time of day back in the lead up to the '17 draft and Watson openly criticized the Bears for it and now ppl think he wants to come here all of a sudden?  It's not happening folks.

Maybe we get lucky and Dak becomes a free agent otherwise the attention focuses on the draft 

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, topwop1 said:

I mean why would he when Pace is still the GM. The guy didn't even give Watson the time of day back in the lead up to the '17 draft and Watson openly criticized the Bears for it and now ppl think he wants to come here all of a sudden?  It's not happening folks.

Unless weird circumstances unfold...no, Watson will not want to be a Bear. 

1 hour ago, Heinz D. said:

Unless weird circumstances unfold...no, Watson will not want to be a Bear. 

Bears are routine losers and GB is still in the playoffs. I'll take whatever distractions come my way.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, topwop1 said:

Maybe we get lucky and Dak becomes a free agent otherwise the attention focuses on the draft 

Meh. We aren't getting Watson but it's not because he criticized the Bears. We have seen a ton of players who have talked trash about other teams, coaches, and players and then sign with them later on. 

We're not getting him because we don't have the ammo to do so. 

33 minutes ago, Sugashane said:

Bears are routine losers and GB is still in the playoffs. I'll take whatever distractions come my way.

Ask Ty to send you a pic of himself. I'm sure that lasting image should carry you through the entire offseason. 

Edited by JAF-N72EX
  • Like 2
56 minutes ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Meh. We aren't getting Watson but it's not because he criticized the Bears. We have seen a ton of players who have talked trash about other teams, coaches, and players and then sign with them later on. 

We're not getting him because we don't have the ammo to do so. 

Agreed.

And @ thread,
If anything, Watson would have incentive to come to the Bears because it would basically mean the GM is full on apologizing and admitting publicly how badly he screwed up.

That said, I still want Wilson.

Edited by Epyon
36 minutes ago, Epyon said:

Agreed.

And @ thread,
If anything, Watson would have incentive to come to the Bears because it would basically mean the GM is full on apologizing and admitting publicly how badly he screwed up.

That said, I still want Wilson.

Neither are realistic.

We don’t have the ammo to trade top 5. Teams don’t want to go from picking Penei Sewell to Alex Leatherwood even with the picks. 

1 hour ago, JAF-N72EX said:

Ask Ty to send you a pic of himself. I'm sure that lasting image should carry you through the entire offseason. 

I've been trying to get him to stop sending me pictures since 2014. He keeps saying it is part of winning the 'Kyle Long Rookie of the Year Award'

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WindyCity said:

Neither are realistic.

We don’t have the ammo to trade top 5. Teams don’t want to go from picking Penei Sewell to Alex Leatherwood even with the picks. 

Trade them Mack. Or others if need be.

One thing that was made abundantly clear yet again in the playoffs, is that it's QB driven.... There's a reason this years list is Brees, Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen (who I wasn't a fan of coming out, but is playing phenominally) and why the teams without good QBs are all among the first ones to exit stage right.  In only 2 of the 10 playoff games this year did the better QB's team not win the game (Rams vs Seahawks and Browns vs Steelers).

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Epyon said:

One thing that was made abundantly clear yet again in the playoffs, is that it's QB driven.... There's a reason this years list is Brees, Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, Allen (who I wasn't a fan of coming out, but is playing phenominally) and why the teams without good QBs are all among the first ones to exit stage right.  In only 2 of the 10 playoff games this year did the better QB's team not win the game (Rams vs Seahawks and Browns vs Steelers).

While it is a QB driven league, the old cliché still holds true....offenses win regulars season games....defenses and special teams win championships. And it shows. 

The average offense scored 25 points per game during the regular season and one team that lost in the playoffs so far has scored more than that, and that was Steelers who scored 2 TDs in garbage time when they were down 42-23 in the 4th Q. 

I don't care who the QBs are still left in the playoffs (QB wins is a fabricated stat). Brady didn't "win" them the game tonight. There defense did. In fact, this is first time since the year 2000 that 3 playoffs games that both QBs in each game didn't crack 200 yards. 

4 hours ago, JAF-N72EX said:

While it is a QB driven league, the old cliché still holds true....offenses win regulars season games....defenses and special teams win championships. And it shows. 

The average offense scored 25 points per game during the regular season and one team that lost in the playoffs so far has scored more than that, and that was Steelers who scored 2 TDs in garbage time when they were down 42-23 in the 4th Q. 

I don't care who the QBs are still left in the playoffs (QB wins is a fabricated stat). Brady didn't "win" them the game tonight. There defense did. In fact, this is first time since the year 2000 that 3 playoffs games that both QBs in each game didn't crack 200 yards. 

I don't think we should read too much into a single round of games. Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, etc. have been instrumental in getting their teams to this point.

I will say that the difference between the Bucs and Bears isn't just Tom Brady. They have more talent across the board on offense and their defense created more pressure last night.

I think having an elite QB is a floor raiser that gives you a chance to compete in the playoffs. Building an elite defense can work too, but the shelf life on keeping that together and playing well seems to be shorter than the shelf life of an elite QB.

6 hours ago, Epyon said:

No one wants Mack. He is 30 and hasn’t been dominant in a couple of years. He also makes 26 million a season and his contract is ugly because Pace has back loaded it so much.

• Like 2